Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

More winners where the traffic is higher?

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 1 year ago by gatorsrok.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JBounds's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
Missouri
United States
Member #164740
March 13, 2015
108 Posts
Posted: June 6, 2015, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I had a discussion with a co-worker after I own a $100 on a scratch off recently(Most I ever won on one ticket, btw)

Well we started talking about where the most traffic at certain places has the most winners and I think that is right. What we mean is some old country store/station vs buying at a very busy gas station. My co-worker's reasoning was because it gets the losers out of the way.

Maybe because there is one place I buy alot, although I do switch it up too, but this place in my town I always buy before work at night. I work third shift, so I go in a few times a week and buy. I usually win anywhere from $5 to $50. Not all the time of course but here and there.

Across town there was a $100,000 winner and that place too is very high traffic. Of course after that person won it got even more busy with people wanting that luck too.

What do you guys think?

Jacksonville
    United States
    Member #153806
    March 26, 2014
    345 Posts
    Posted: June 6, 2015, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I think a more accurate answer to your question is that higher traffic places make more ticket sales.  The scratch-offs are based on volume.  If a location sells 500,000 tickets a year, the odds are greater that it will have a few big prizes vs a place that only sells 5,000 tickets a year.  The odds don't change wherever you buy the tickets.  Just think if you bought 100 scratch-offs, your odds of winning a bigger prize are better than if you only buy 10.