Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Delta

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2015, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Delta is a Greek letter that is often shown as a triangle. I would like to know where you use Delta.

Delta is the difference between two numbers, but can also have other meanings in mathematics, depending of the mathematician.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19902 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2015, 6:00 am - IP Logged

There is a delta lottery system that uses the first number of a combination and then uses the difference between the following numbers to define the combination.  Never saw any value of using this gimmick, it's just confusing.  Personally I prefer using letters ato replace numbers in combinations which sometimes shows patterns that might be useful for picking combinations to play in future games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2015, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I rarely use letters. This is one of the rare cases:

2015-05-13EOOEEEO
      2015-05-16EEEEEOE
      2015-05-20OEOOEOO
        RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19902 Posts
        Posted: June 15, 2015, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

I rarely use letters. This is one of the rare cases:

2015-05-13EOOEEEO
        2015-05-16EEEEEOE
        2015-05-20OEOOEOO

Has the Even/Odd sequence ever been useful for you?

Evil Looking       

Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2015, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Has the Even/Odd sequence ever been useful for you?

Yes, several times. When I feel this 6 odd xor 6 even numbers coming, I play it. When it comes out, it is like 6/23 instead of 6/45, to explain the positive thinking that gives you a little kick. Of course this doesn't happen every week. If you pick the wrong side, you have no number correct.

Don't you use this? It would surprise me if you didn't. I am even more surprised that you are asking.

We are off topic here. There might be some 50/50 distribution in delta. In around half of all drawings you have at least one delta 1. I haven't read about a program or study on delta, but "low, medium and high" is close to it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19902 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2015, 11:42 am - IP Logged

Yes, several times. When I feel this 6 odd xor 6 even numbers coming, I play it. When it comes out, it is like 6/23 instead of 6/45, to explain the positive thinking that gives you a little kick. Of course this doesn't happen every week. If you pick the wrong side, you have no number correct.

Don't you use this? It would surprise me if you didn't. I am even more surprised that you are asking.

We are off topic here. There might be some 50/50 distribution in delta. In around half of all drawings you have at least one delta 1. I haven't read about a program or study on delta, but "low, medium and high" is close to it.

Has either ever happened more than 3% of the time for any lottery you play?

Evil Looking       

Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2015, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Has either ever happened more than 3% of the time for any lottery you play?

3% of what? I catch you on an error.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7344 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2015, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I saw the term Delta Numbers used as shorthand version of recording lotto numbers several years ago. It was use by players one unique combination that couldn't be done using E/O, H/L, etc. filters.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1845 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2015, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

I saw the term Delta Numbers used as shorthand version of recording lotto numbers several years ago. It was use by players one unique combination that couldn't be done using E/O, H/L, etc. filters.

Stack that doesn't make any sense. Every number can be expressed as e/o or h/l.

Delta numbers is most often associated with the distance between the draws.

The draw 4 - 7 - 16 - 25 - 31 would have the delta number 4 - 3 - 9 - 9 - 6.

4  the first number (4).

7-4 for the second (3).

16-7 for the third (9).

25-16 for the fourth (9).

31-25 for the fifth (6).

The Delta System is part of a set of dvds from a lotto software seller.

They've been called gaps and spans here at LP.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19902 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2015, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

3% of what? I catch you on an error.

Have more than 3% of the combinations drawn been all even or all odd?  Sorry if my question was unclear.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2015, 8:19 am - IP Logged

I am not checking, but by memory maybe one drawing had all even or all odd. They draw 7/45, but it is a pick 6.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19902 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2015, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Stack that doesn't make any sense. Every number can be expressed as e/o or h/l.

Delta numbers is most often associated with the distance between the draws.

The draw 4 - 7 - 16 - 25 - 31 would have the delta number 4 - 3 - 9 - 9 - 6.

4  the first number (4).

7-4 for the second (3).

16-7 for the third (9).

25-16 for the fourth (9).

31-25 for the fifth (6).

The Delta System is part of a set of dvds from a lotto software seller.

They've been called gaps and spans here at LP.

"Stack that doesn't make any sense. Every number can be expressed as e/o or h/l."

With delta numbers only the first number is part of the combination, the rest are gaps between the rest of the numbers.  How do designate which numbers are even / odd or high / low by their gaps?

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2015, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Have more than 3% of the combinations drawn been all even or all odd?  Sorry if my question was unclear.

O/E Euromillions

NUMSTARCOUNT
                          0/50/26
                          5/02/04

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                            Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1845 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2015, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

"Stack that doesn't make any sense. Every number can be expressed as e/o or h/l."

With delta numbers only the first number is part of the combination, the rest are gaps between the rest of the numbers.  How do designate which numbers are even / odd or high / low by their gaps?

RJOH, I'm pleading ignorance in the first degree. Had to go back and reread Stack's post and realized he was talking the same thing just in different terms.

Seriously I'd get the e/o and h/l breakdown before doing the notation. Since you know the first number, you could add back to get the e/o and h/l breakdown. That's needless. Like a circle argument. I'd make the breakdown before getting the shorthand notation.

When I'm working with back digits, I allow concessions for total Individual Digits when 0 is considered a placeholder. Same is true for high/medium/low number patterns.

In any case, you make a good point. If you don't designate the e/o and h/l first, you're doing needless work to go back and do the addition to get it after.

My apologies Stack. We're on the same page using different terminology.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                              Member #165541
                              April 12, 2015
                              554 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2015, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

RJOH, I'm pleading ignorance in the first degree. Had to go back and reread Stack's post and realized he was talking the same thing just in different terms.

Seriously I'd get the e/o and h/l breakdown before doing the notation. Since you know the first number, you could add back to get the e/o and h/l breakdown. That's needless. Like a circle argument. I'd make the breakdown before getting the shorthand notation.

When I'm working with back digits, I allow concessions for total Individual Digits when 0 is considered a placeholder. Same is true for high/medium/low number patterns.

In any case, you make a good point. If you don't designate the e/o and h/l first, you're doing needless work to go back and do the addition to get it after.

My apologies Stack. We're on the same page using different terminology.

From reading your imprecise posts over and over, it appears ,you are so dumb that you should be pleading your ignorance in the remaining 32 degrees as well.