Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Not checking tickets to keep on dreaming?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 1 year ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
Member #164603
March 8, 2015
606 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2015, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Suppose somebody in your state won the lottery that you also bought a ticket in.

Until somebody else appears in a press conference holding that comical check you can still hope it's you.

Checking your tickets and finding out what you knew was more probable than you winning crushes all those dreams, until the next jackpot is hit and it could be you — but probably once again isn't.

Right now there is a ticket I have to a lottery that announced a winner and not only am I not checking my ticket, I'm trying to ignore lottery news and don't visit the official site.

Ignorance is bliss.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49758 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2015, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Classic Ostrich Syndrome!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2015, 8:39 am - IP Logged

Suppose somebody in your state won the lottery that you also bought a ticket in.

Until somebody else appears in a press conference holding that comical check you can still hope it's you.

Checking your tickets and finding out what you knew was more probable than you winning crushes all those dreams, until the next jackpot is hit and it could be you — but probably once again isn't.

Right now there is a ticket I have to a lottery that announced a winner and not only am I not checking my ticket, I'm trying to ignore lottery news and don't visit the official site.

Ignorance is bliss.

Why buy a ticket at all?  Just save the dollar that will buy the winning ticket any time you think you're ready to win, that way you got that dollar to look at knowing it'll be ready when you are.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Germany
        Member #164603
        March 8, 2015
        606 Posts
        Posted: June 15, 2015, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Why buy a ticket at all?  Just save the dollar that will buy the winning ticket any time you think you're ready to win, that way you got that dollar to look at knowing it'll be ready when you are.

If I had 100 000 000 dollars to save up I would.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5600 Posts
          Posted: June 15, 2015, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Ignorance is bliss.

Dang!

I check my tic as soon as the draw takes place. And if they are delayed in posting the results I get really impatient.

I wanna know now if I won, not days later.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #77167
            July 15, 2009
            555 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2015, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Dang!

I check my tic as soon as the draw takes place. And if they are delayed in posting the results I get really impatient.

I Agree!   I want to know if I won or not.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2015, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Not checking tickets to keep on dreaming?

I only  do that to scratch tickets. I like that buzz of knowing I have a ticket that could be worth something. 2 days only is how long I can do it though.

That money's gone fo ever

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Ignorance is bliss.

No way I could wait that long, I do wait til next morning to check my tix, so I can get a good night's sleep.

Be nice to find out in the A.M. while you can do something about it right away.

Now if I find I have a winner on a sat/sun. well I'll just have to relax and make a plan for Monday.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49758 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2015, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Classic Ostrich Syndrome!

Denying or refusing to acknowledge something that is blatantly obvious as if your head were in the sand like an ostrich.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Germany
                    Member #164603
                    March 8, 2015
                    606 Posts
                    Posted: June 15, 2015, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Pfft, if you don't check it's not obvious, that's the point.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                      Member #165244
                      March 30, 2015
                      227 Posts
                      Posted: June 15, 2015, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Sometime I've been known to check that night.  But definitely (unless I truly forget) by the next morning, because I have to know whether to go to work or not...LOL

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #165541
                        April 12, 2015
                        545 Posts
                        Posted: June 15, 2015, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Ignorance is bliss.

I can understand a week or so of waiting and dreaming, but after that, you are inviting "Murphy" into your life.

Murpheys law is a bane of the procrastinate.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                          Maryland
                          United States
                          Member #10465
                          January 14, 2005
                          6065 Posts
                          Posted: June 15, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Dang!

I totally agree rcb I Agree!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                            Member #133462
                            September 30, 2012
                            5946 Posts
                            Posted: June 15, 2015, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

And if by some twist of fate you lose that ticket only to find out later that the winning ticket was purchased from the same location you bought yours?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                              Member #165541
                              April 12, 2015
                              545 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2015, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Dang!

I hear you.  I get impatient when they dont have the live drawing as they advertise. 

Whenever they dont have the live drawing, the results can be delayed as much as 40 minutes at the state website.

It kind of weird, but LP, will sometimes get the data five minutes prior to that.

The least that the the lottery "mafia" should do is take their job VERY seriously.  They should try and remember how they afforded that Class M mercedes.

I also get impatient and annoyed, when there is a lack of urgent posting, a lack of live drawings, a lack of reverence to the math involved in lotto, excessive bonuses for Lottery Executives, canceling of games ie, Monopoly Millionaire club, thieving clerks, "misplaced" education funds, pathetic promotion such as buy 10 get one free, and universal banned ONLINE LOTTERY sales.

This type of behaviour is generally NOT going to be good for corporation such as MUSL that are wistfully hoping for record breaking sales.