Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Camelot to change UK Lottery from 6/49 draw to 6/59 draw!

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by crystaltips.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nick UK's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
Member #165761
April 21, 2015
3 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2015, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

I could not believe my eyes when I read the changes planned by UK operators Camelot, which will take place in October.

Camelot plan to increase the ballset by TEN numbers, from the current 49 to 59 numbers, increasing the odds against the player from the current 14-million-to-one to *45-million to one*!

Yet Camelot have the audacity/gall to clearly state that players will have *more* chances of becoming a millionaire when the changes take place.

To justify this wild claim, Camelot say that they will be introducing two millionaire raffles every draw. They then quickly and quietly slip in the fact that the current 50 x �20,000 raffles each draw, will be reduced to 20 x �20,000 raffles each draw.

Another cheapskate Camelot change is if a player matches 2 numbers in the planned 6/59 draw, they will get a free 'lucky dip' in the next draw: big deal Camelot! Oh my, how *exciting*!!

Quite disgusting how Camelot can make this planned rip-off, look like a better deal for players!

Read it all on the UK National Lottery Website

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
    Member #164603
    March 8, 2015
    642 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2015, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Will they do away with the roll over cap? Yep, unlimited rollovers/agreed upon limit (which?)

I like the match 2 lucky dip, seems like a great mini prize.

(Do you know where one can get Euromillions Superdraw info faster? National.lottery.co.uk seems to be pretty slow in announcing)

I think the 2nd prize odds suck now, but with the roll over cap gone this might be a better bet than the Euromillions, seeing how the odds are 100 000 000:1 better and it has grown fast in the past. 42mil pound for Angela Kelly.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2015, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Camelot to change UK Lottery from 6/49 draw to 6/59 draw!

The governments need money and gamblers and cigarette smokers are the two groups that can be mercilessly exploited with no fear of repercussions during elections time. You can fight back by not playing but they won't care because it'll be an isolated boycott. Gamblers have no rapport and a nationwide boycott would never succeed. I'm not saying it's right. It's just the reality

That money's gone fo ever

crystaltips's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
        London
        United Kingdom
        Member #58578
        February 20, 2008
        51 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2015, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Hey Nick,

I am from the UK too and I am fuming at the changes. To be quite honest, i think I will stop playing Lotto and maybe just play the Euromillions wihen the Jackpot is stupid money/

I have played from the beginning of Lotto this just feels like a rip-off (for the reasons you've stated) and a step too far, for this punter, seriously pissed off.

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay.

Nick UK's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
          Member #165761
          April 21, 2015
          3 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2015, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi Crystaltips,

Ludicrous that Camelot can brazenly describe the addition of *31 million* combinations to the twice-weekly draw as 'exciting' for the player!! Exciting for Camelot Directors is nearer the truth!

You (or someone here) may know if there is a person or group in the UK to complain to?  I think this is a blatant and outrageous breach of the UK Trade Descriptions Act.

Adding 31 million combinations and saying it will be 'exciting' for the player can only be described as lies, lies, lies and <snip>ed statistics! Two chances of winning a million pounds and a measly 'lucky dip' for matching two numbers from 50 is far from 'exciting'! Plus they're reducing the current 50 raffle prizes of 20,000 pounds down to 20 prizes of 20,000 pounds.

I hope someone organises a National Boycott of the UK National Lottery to take place on the date this blatant rip-off commences. I will cease playing when the 6/59 draw starts, so will my friends and Family.

Ps: I note you live in London. I lived in Putney SW15 for many years before retiring to Bournemouth.

Cheers.
          Nick UK

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2015, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Hi Crystaltips,

Ludicrous that Camelot can brazenly describe the addition of *31 million* combinations to the twice-weekly draw as 'exciting' for the player!! Exciting for Camelot Directors is nearer the truth!

You (or someone here) may know if there is a person or group in the UK to complain to?  I think this is a blatant and outrageous breach of the UK Trade Descriptions Act.

Adding 31 million combinations and saying it will be 'exciting' for the player can only be described as lies, lies, lies and <snip>ed statistics! Two chances of winning a million pounds and a measly 'lucky dip' for matching two numbers from 50 is far from 'exciting'! Plus they're reducing the current 50 raffle prizes of 20,000 pounds down to 20 prizes of 20,000 pounds.

I hope someone organises a National Boycott of the UK National Lottery to take place on the date this blatant rip-off commences. I will cease playing when the 6/59 draw starts, so will my friends and Family.

Ps: I note you live in London. I lived in Putney SW15 for many years before retiring to Bournemouth.

Cheers.
            Nick UK

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

If other players feel as you do then Camelot will have to change its tune if it expect to continue selling tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #166751
              June 6, 2015
              17 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2015, 10:46 am - IP Logged

If other players feel as you do then Camelot will have to change its tune if it expect to continue selling tickets.

If this lottery is anything like the jackpot games in the USA where 70% of the tickets purchased are quick pick type plays, the majority of players will probably never even notice that the game changed. Also, over the years haven't the changes for powerball and mega millions been worse for players (odds of winning and matrix changes)--- yet the games continue to exist and players still buy  and the agencies still consider making the jackpot prizes even more difficult to win by adding more numbers to the game to choose from.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19900 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2015, 11:24 am - IP Logged

If this lottery is anything like the jackpot games in the USA where 70% of the tickets purchased are quick pick type plays, the majority of players will probably never even notice that the game changed. Also, over the years haven't the changes for powerball and mega millions been worse for players (odds of winning and matrix changes)--- yet the games continue to exist and players still buy  and the agencies still consider making the jackpot prizes even more difficult to win by adding more numbers to the game to choose from.

When Ohio replaced its Super Lotto Game (6/49+1) with Lot'O Play (6/100) *0-99 players noticed and stopped playing so after less than a year it was replace with Classic Lotto (6/49).

* Ohio players had a choice in neighboring states, maybe UK players don't have an alternate and it's either Camelot's games or nothing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                  Member #3002
                  December 11, 2003
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2015, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Notice also how the Euromillions jackpots have almost halved due to an additional European game?

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.

Germany
                    Member #164603
                    March 8, 2015
                    642 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2015, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Notice also how the Euromillions jackpots have almost halved due to an additional European game?

How so? When the EM jackpot is 15 million it rolls to ~27 next. If you compare 2012 jackpot levels with the current ones I don't see that much of a change.

If your claim is that introduction of Eurojackpot poached players that's not all that possible.

In Spain you can play both games, in austrian and swiss bordertowns people could buy tickets in Germany, as could belgian players.

But the big ticket buyers UK and France would still fuel jackpots, and with the Euromillions jackpots always being higher than the Eurojackpot roll overs I don't see why people would go through the hassle.

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                      Member #3002
                      December 11, 2003
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2015, 3:57 am - IP Logged

How so? When the EM jackpot is 15 million it rolls to ~27 next. If you compare 2012 jackpot levels with the current ones I don't see that much of a change.

If your claim is that introduction of Eurojackpot poached players that's not all that possible.

In Spain you can play both games, in austrian and swiss bordertowns people could buy tickets in Germany, as could belgian players.

But the big ticket buyers UK and France would still fuel jackpots, and with the Euromillions jackpots always being higher than the Eurojackpot roll overs I don't see why people would go through the hassle.

Large well advertised Superdraws seem to be the only way that will be able to take the Jackpots over the £100 million mark again it now seems. That's my observation from a regular players perspective. That's what it feels like anyway.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late - Benjamin Franklin.

Germany
                        Member #164603
                        March 8, 2015
                        642 Posts
                        Posted: June 19, 2015, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Large well advertised Superdraws seem to be the only way that will be able to take the Jackpots over the £100 million mark again it now seems. That's my observation from a regular players perspective. That's what it feels like anyway.

I guess the Euromillions hits more often in the lower jackpot levels now.

Enhancements to the game to force bigger jackpots are surely on the way.Skeptical

crystaltips's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
                          London
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #58578
                          February 20, 2008
                          51 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2015, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Yes, Nick I am a Londoner too. Houses prices in Putney are through the roof, it's a shame you didn't stay it's like 2m for a house there now!Jester You wouldn't have to win the lottery to be a millionaire just sold your Putney property lol

Anyway back to scamalot.  They've had the nerve to claim that it's more exciting for players and that we have: 'more numbers to choose from' when all they've really done is changed a 14 million to one chance to 45million to one! Thieving baskets! They've meddled with the other prizes too. For example

The odds of winning a £25 prize have gone from 57 to one to 95 to one and the odds of winning £100 for four numbers has gone from 1000 to one to 2,200 to one. 

The only people we can complain to is the Lottery Commission who basically rolled over and let Camelot's plans for doing this go through! I am really fed up.

First they double the number of draws then the price of the ticket and now throwing in 10 more numbers so they can generate more rollovers therefore more cash in the pockets of the Canadian pensioners who bought the lottery years ago No No

They've basically just removed our dreams. 

From October, no more for me. Will play if Euromillions Jackpot is high, or play Health Lottery. Scamalot are rip-off merchants, everyone is complaining about it.

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay.