Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why I want my pool to win more than ever right now

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Baton Rouge, LA
United States
Member #4602
May 7, 2004
699 Posts
Posted: June 19, 2015, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

As I've said before here, I run a lottery pool at work with 10 coworkers for a total of 11 people in it. We always want to win but right now, I want us to win more than ever. I want this to happen right now because one of our members has been battling lung cancer for the last few months. She's had to do chemotherapy and they aren't sure if it's working. She can retire now, but hasn't done so yet. I'd like to win so she can retire and live out whatever time she has with no worries. She loves sailboats and I'd like to see her be able to get some waterfront property and the nicest sailboat money can buy. Don't know how much time she'll have, but whatever it is, I want it to be happy.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just wanted to share this with all the great people here on Lotterypost.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5595 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

As I've said before here, I run a lottery pool at work with 10 coworkers for a total of 11 people in it. We always want to win but right now, I want us to win more than ever. I want this to happen right now because one of our members has been battling lung cancer for the last few months. She's had to do chemotherapy and they aren't sure if it's working. She can retire now, but hasn't done so yet. I'd like to win so she can retire and live out whatever time she has with no worries. She loves sailboats and I'd like to see her be able to get some waterfront property and the nicest sailboat money can buy. Don't know how much time she'll have, but whatever it is, I want it to be happy.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just wanted to share this with all the great people here on Lotterypost.

Right there with you prisoner. There are 2 ladies in our pool that have been fighting breast cancer for almost a year. Both are just about finished with their treatments, but the med bills are still there to be paid for years to come. I've been hoping...wishing we could win so they won't be paying med bills for the rest of their lives.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Washington,Michigan
      United States
      Member #11416
      February 13, 2005
      597 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2015, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Why don't you get people like movie star. To give you money to help out. Why not get people to give money from here. Why not buy lottery ticket that you can win over 1 million dollars. Blackhawks fan wins $5 million after emergency bathroom stop at CVS. That person can help. It just a idea.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2015, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Right there with you prisoner. There are 2 ladies in our pool that have been fighting breast cancer for almost a year. Both are just about finished with their treatments, but the med bills are still there to be paid for years to come. I've been hoping...wishing we could win so they won't be paying med bills for the rest of their lives.

I hear ya RCB, We have a friend of the family who has a 5 year old that developed cancer and is in a children's specialty facility. Her heart cant handle the treatments  so now she has a mechanical heart and has been put on the national register for a transplant. They family has no insurance and the mother is also battling cancer when this hit them. If I could hit the big one, that is one place that I would first address for giving. No questions asked

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

South Carolina
          United States
          Member #18322
          July 9, 2005
          1704 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2015, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Maybe you should try changing your pool, from a PB/MM pool, to a Pick 4 pool instead.  You might have more luck winning quicker, by playing a different lottery game.  Pool your money to win Pick 4Just a $20 bet on a winning Pick 4 number in STRAIGHT form, wins $100,000. How much $$$ do you typically play, when you pool ???

The point is, perhaps you should DOWNSIZE from Million Dollar expectations, to THOUSAND dollar expectations, instead.  You might win faster, b/c it's easier to win at Pick 4, than PB/MM.  Your Psychological BLOCK, in your Pooling strategy, might very well be that you've been playing the Wrong lottery games for too long, and your pool is psychologically stuck in PB/MM mindset, b/c you want to win the Millions of dollars.

Any amount of Money won, should be accepted with GRATITUDE, especially when someone is critically ill, and needs to pay medical bills.   

Small amounts won [$100,000], add up over time, and winning serves to create a New Group Mindset of Belief, and that New Energy of Belief, continues to attract more winnings [Universal Law of Attraction].  You can pay your debts off, and put away a $$$ nest egg, over time. Patience is a Divine Virtue. In any case, this is the only practical and realistic way to accomplish this, playing the game of lottery

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49704 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2015, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Maybe you should try changing your pool, from a PB/MM pool, to a Pick 4 pool instead.  You might have more luck winning quicker, by playing a different lottery game.  Pool your money to win Pick 4Just a $20 bet on a winning Pick 4 number in STRAIGHT form, wins $100,000. How much $$$ do you typically play, when you pool ???

The point is, perhaps you should DOWNSIZE from Million Dollar expectations, to THOUSAND dollar expectations, instead.  You might win faster, b/c it's easier to win at Pick 4, than PB/MM.  Your Psychological BLOCK, in your Pooling strategy, might very well be that you've been playing the Wrong lottery games for too long, and your pool is psychologically stuck in PB/MM mindset, b/c you want to win the Millions of dollars.

Any amount of Money won, should be accepted with GRATITUDE, especially when someone is critically ill, and needs to pay medical bills.   

Small amounts won [$100,000], add up over time, and winning serves to create a New Group Mindset of Belief, and that New Energy of Belief, continues to attract more winnings [Universal Law of Attraction].  You can pay your debts off, and put away a $$$ nest egg, over time. Patience is a Divine Virtue. In any case, this is the only practical and realistic way to accomplish this, playing the game of lottery

I Agree!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5595 Posts
              Posted: June 20, 2015, 10:58 am - IP Logged

On paper that sounds nice. However I personally play Daily4 (P4), and it is a real bugger to hit that straight despite 1 in 10,000 odds.

After taxes (which would have to be paid by me, it would cost too much to have an attorney create a partnership for only $100,000), we each would have about $7500. There are 11 of us. That amount of money is really not enough to do what we want or need.

I have considered playing AoN for the pool, but right now that's on the back back burner.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: June 20, 2015, 11:03 am - IP Logged

How many millionaires have pick4 games produced?  People don't join pools to share a $50-$1000 top prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4106 Posts
                  Posted: June 20, 2015, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Your thread reminds me of a situation l ran into a year or so ago P6.l met this guy in a motorized chair in line attempting to get his lottery tickets. We got into a conversation and his being there was hoping to win so that he could get a pair of lungs. Said that his were damaged & he was prepared to go to China if necessary. Hope your comrades get their wish. Thumbs Up

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #18322
                    July 9, 2005
                    1704 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2015, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

How many millionaires have pick4 games produced?  People don't join pools to share a $50-$1000 top prize.

$50 - $1000 top prize is Pick 3, not Pick 4. It all depends on how much $$$ you wager, and what type of number [single/doubles/Pick 4 triple] you're wagering on. Small boxed wins, like $200/$400/$800/$1200, can be reinvested playing STRAIGHT, and you don't have to come fresh out of your pocket, every time you play.

Millionaires is not the point.

Thousandaires   is the point.

Probably the ideal size for a Pick 4 pool, is 3 - 4 people.

Baton Rouge, LA
                      United States
                      Member #4602
                      May 7, 2004
                      699 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2015, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much. I hope that your pool wins too. Seeing the money going to someone who will appreciate it would be nice indeed.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: June 21, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Thank you very much. I hope that your pool wins too. Seeing the money going to someone who will appreciate it would be nice indeed.

You can be sure even if I'm not part of a pool if I win a jackpot I will appreciate it as much as anyone.

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                          Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1689 Posts
                          Posted: June 21, 2015, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

All depends on the original reason for the pool.

If the focus of the group was/is to win PB/MM, you are now asking its members to refocus with assisting a co-worker to be the prime concern.

Keeping the group together may be hard. And some may grudgingly agree, but giving up their dream is a decision they will come to resent.

Some will undoubtedly decide the risk is not worth the reward. Each person in the group has their own reason for participating, unless the group committed to winning for their co-worker.

How would you tell them, "Forget paying off your bills. Forget buying the dream home. Forget retirement. We're changing focus to help this person?"

Even if they don't say it, they see their hope dashed. Eventually, knowing there is nothing to dream about, and seeing the small wins returned to buy more numbers, they get a little slower with their contributions.

Its far too much to expect everyone to share your concerns and desires when it comes to matters involving their money.

Stay the course.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5595 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2015, 8:46 am - IP Logged

All depends on the original reason for the pool.

If the focus of the group was/is to win PB/MM, you are now asking its members to refocus with assisting a co-worker to be the prime concern.

Keeping the group together may be hard. And some may grudgingly agree, but giving up their dream is a decision they will come to resent.

Some will undoubtedly decide the risk is not worth the reward. Each person in the group has their own reason for participating, unless the group committed to winning for their co-worker.

How would you tell them, "Forget paying off your bills. Forget buying the dream home. Forget retirement. We're changing focus to help this person?"

Even if they don't say it, they see their hope dashed. Eventually, knowing there is nothing to dream about, and seeing the small wins returned to buy more numbers, they get a little slower with their contributions.

Its far too much to expect everyone to share your concerns and desires when it comes to matters involving their money.

Stay the course.

Exactly. We all have some kind of dream that can't be fulfilled on a P4 win. A lot of us have debt or bills to pay off. One person's dream is to buy a beach house near Galveston. I just want to get out of debt so I can retire while my health is still decent. I don't want to be running around a store when I'm 65 or God forbid 70.

I absolutely know the odds of us winning. But, to not try is to lose without even trying.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19825 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2015, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Exactly. We all have some kind of dream that can't be fulfilled on a P4 win. A lot of us have debt or bills to pay off. One person's dream is to buy a beach house near Galveston. I just want to get out of debt so I can retire while my health is still decent. I don't want to be running around a store when I'm 65 or God forbid 70.

I absolutely know the odds of us winning. But, to not try is to lose without even trying.

I wouldn't join a pool if I knew all its members wouldn't benefit from its winnings equally.

Evil Looking