Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pairs to Combos

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 1 year ago by ESR54.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
Texas
United States
Member #150797
December 31, 2013
815 Posts
Posted: June 21, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know of a progam that will take a list of pairs and combine them into all possible Pick 3 combinations?  All three pairs in a combination must be one the list.

Currently, I am just looking for two pairs that share a digit and checking to see if the third pair is also on the list, but this is tedious and prone to errors.

Thanks in advance,

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4878 Posts
    Posted: June 21, 2015, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know of a progam that will take a list of pairs and combine them into all possible Pick 3 combinations?  All three pairs in a combination must be one the list.

Currently, I am just looking for two pairs that share a digit and checking to see if the third pair is also on the list, but this is tedious and prone to errors.

Thanks in advance,

Try the pairs program on this link.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/277930/3699885

Good  Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
      Member #132100
      August 26, 2012
      1077 Posts
      Posted: June 21, 2015, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Thanks in advance,

The LotSoft Pick 3 Free Wheeler can do as you ask.

But Paurths made several versions of the FreeWheeler you need a version that allows you to filter pairs.

You didn't say if you want to use boxed or straight pairs, but I think that maybe you did say "straight pairs". so then open the Pick 3 FreeWheeler go to "Pairs" and click on it to open the pair filters.

If you want to use only the Left and the Right pairs on each of them:

Select Double Pairs, Select Consecutives and Select Non-Consecutives.

Do that for the Lth and also for the Rth Pairs and leave All the Split-Pairs UnSelected.

Now all the Lth and the Rth pairs will be selected.

You say that you have a list of Lth and Rth pairs.

So now: UnSelect the Lth Pairs that you have on your list and also Unselect the Rth Pairs that you have on your list.

Now close the Pairs Filters window and

And click on "Create Numbers"

Your pick 3 numbers will be there.

-----------

Before doing any of that, you have to Select "Positional" and All the digits for the 3 straight positions have to be selected.

-------------

If you have a list of all the 3 pick 3 pairs then you would first select all the pairs from all the 3 positions.

And then unselect the Lth Pairs from your list, then unselect the Rth Pairs from your list and then unselect the

Split Pairs from your list, then close the Pairs window and click on "Create numbers" and your pick 3 numbers will be there.

Do you understand? Do you have a copy of LotSoft or of the LotSoft FreeWheeler?

Good Luck!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: June 21, 2015, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks in advance,

If you combine two pairs you get a four digit combination for pick 4, not for pick 3.
        If you want to create pick 3 combinations you must invent something else.

12 + 34 + 56 = 1234 1256 3456 for example.
        I could make many versions of this for p3 or p4.

12 + 34 + 56
        123 124 125 126 341 342 ... 564

... and on and on ... .

Finally I could also break them into digits and make all possible straight combinations of that.

What did you have in mind? I can think of too many versions. Did you have a strategy in mind?

The question was posted several times.

ESR54's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg
          BRONX N.Y.10459
          United States
          Member #86575
          February 6, 2010
          1058 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2015, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Thank you SergeM  ,you explain that good.