Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can anyone explain why it happens so often?

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SkyLine69.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2015, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Why are back to back pairs of numbers drawn in over 90% of mega millions and powerball drawings?

Doesn't exactly seem "random" to me.  Maybe it's time both games abandoned these balls and went to a more foolproof system like a computer generated draw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2015, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Why are back to back pairs of numbers drawn in over 90% of mega millions and powerball drawings?

Doesn't exactly seem "random" to me.  Maybe it's time both games abandoned these balls and went to a more foolproof system like a computer generated draw.

First of all if you actually checked the PB and MM drawings you would have found 68% of their combinations had no back to back pairs.  It's not possible to explain made-up BS.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Maryland
      United States
      Member #162434
      January 2, 2015
      888 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2015, 9:22 am - IP Logged

So, do you then PLAY back to back pairs when you play those games? I will put that in now and then when I play.

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:44 am - IP Logged

So, do you then PLAY back to back pairs when you play those games? I will put that in now and then when I play.

Yes, I play trends to win.

Back to back pairs won in Florida on the last Powerball.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49725 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2015, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Show the proof that 90% of all MegaMillion & PowerBall Drawings exhibit back-to-back pairs and it will be explained!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
            Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1276 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2015, 11:30 am - IP Logged

First of all if you actually checked the PB and MM drawings you would have found 68% of their combinations had no back to back pairs.  It's not possible to explain made-up BS.

RJ, you can buy 'em books and buy 'em books, but sometimes all they do is chew the covers off.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2015, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

RJ, you can buy 'em books and buy 'em books, but sometimes all they do is chew the covers off.

I'm constantly surprised how much BS is stated as facts by LP members knowing there are data files here for all lotteries that anyone can check.  Do they really think serious lottery players are going to believe their crap because it's easier than checking those data files themselves?

Evil Looking       

Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1276 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2015, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm constantly surprised how much BS is stated as facts by LP members knowing there are data files here for all lotteries that anyone can check.  Do they really think serious lottery players are going to believe their crap because it's easier than checking those data files themselves?

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
                - Joseph Goebbels

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                 - George Orwell

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2015, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

LOL  we give them A for being persistent although it's in the wrong direction

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Show the proof that 90% of all MegaMillion & PowerBall Drawings exhibit back-to-back pairs and it will be explained!

That going to be hard to do since it only happened twelve times in the last 50 drawings.  If he does respond he'll just have to admit he made a mistake which I doubt he has the humidity to admit.

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49725 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2015, 10:25 am - IP Logged

That going to be hard to do since it only happened twelve times in the last 50 drawings.  If he does respond he'll just have to admit he made a mistake which I doubt he has the humidity to admit.

I Agree! Just another troll making outlandish false statements for whatever reason...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1276 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2015, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

This typo caught my eye - probably the auto-correct:

"....I doubt he has the humidity to admit."

I would disagree because you have proved he's "all wet" several times before. Wink

Speaking of typos, I once sent out a mass e-mail to my online friends and family after being offline for a while - telling them all what had been going on with me, etc.  I closed it out with "Regards"

Did you know the "G" and the "T" are close to each other on a keyboard?

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2015, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Krypton
                            United States
                            Member #140102
                            March 11, 2013
                            891 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2015, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Did you know 100% of the time someone eventually wins the Jackpot  with 5 numbers plus the BB and

100% of the time someone losses every game

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?