Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New to the Lottery

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 1 year ago by GTOPBM05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Oakwood, VA
United States
Member #167024
June 22, 2015
6 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Hey guys!  Hows it going?  I'm new to this thing, last week was my first time ever buying tickets.  I've done pretty good, bought tickets 4 times and won 5 times.  I'm still effectively in the green as far as money spent vs money won.  I started with scratchers but the draw games, primarily the mega millions and powerball have caught my attention.  I got a megaball ticket and won a dollar and a powerball ticket and got 4 bucks.  After that I dived into it, looking up tips, calculating odds and probability of each number versus trends of previous draws.  Gotta say, I'm having alot of fun.  I just woke up one morning a couple weeks ago with this strange, seemingly overwhelming feeling that I would win the lottery pretty big.  I've never in my life even had a desire to play the lottery before, never kept up with the winners or even paid attention to jackpot amounts.  Don't shoot me for this one, but I'd often laugh at my buddy for spending tons of money on scratchers.  Who knows maybe I'l nail it and retire at a ripe old age of 25.  Just thought I'd say hi,  I look forward to conversing and learning about the games with you guys.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:19 am - IP Logged

Hey guys!  Hows it going?  I'm new to this thing, last week was my first time ever buying tickets.  I've done pretty good, bought tickets 4 times and won 5 times.  I'm still effectively in the green as far as money spent vs money won.  I started with scratchers but the draw games, primarily the mega millions and powerball have caught my attention.  I got a megaball ticket and won a dollar and a powerball ticket and got 4 bucks.  After that I dived into it, looking up tips, calculating odds and probability of each number versus trends of previous draws.  Gotta say, I'm having alot of fun.  I just woke up one morning a couple weeks ago with this strange, seemingly overwhelming feeling that I would win the lottery pretty big.  I've never in my life even had a desire to play the lottery before, never kept up with the winners or even paid attention to jackpot amounts.  Don't shoot me for this one, but I'd often laugh at my buddy for spending tons of money on scratchers.  Who knows maybe I'l nail it and retire at a ripe old age of 25.  Just thought I'd say hi,  I look forward to conversing and learning about the games with you guys.

Welcome to Lottery Post!  Not to dampen your spirits, but, ... keep playing, ... you'll eventually have a LOTTERY REALITY CHECK !!!

Good Luck to you, anyway !!!

Oakwood, VA
      United States
      Member #167024
      June 22, 2015
      6 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I really don't think a reality check will happen.  Feelings and expectations are different.  I am however really enjoying this so I'm sure I'l continue to play for as long as I am getting some sort of enjoyment out of it.  Lifes short, do what makes us happy, am I right?

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1704 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I really don't think a reality check will happen.  Feelings and expectations are different.  I am however really enjoying this so I'm sure I'l continue to play for as long as I am getting some sort of enjoyment out of it.  Lifes short, do what makes us happy, am I right?

You don't think a REALITY CHECK will happen ???  Green laugh

cbr$'s avatar - maren
          Cordova,Al.
          United States
          Member #104482
          January 15, 2011
          4867 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the Lottery Post. If you looking for tips, or just someone to talk to about your favorite game or share information with about your games. Click, forums on the top of your screen. Click, active topics, scroll, down, to any of 3 games you like, click, the game. there are all way members there talking about the games you like. Good Luck & Welcome to the LP.

Oakwood, VA
            United States
            Member #167024
            June 22, 2015
            6 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:33 am - IP Logged

So? I'm sort of confused.  Your either laughing at me for not expecting a reality check when I honestly don't have any expectations, I just believe its possible to win something... or that Is a pun about a big fat check, in reality. Lol

Oakwood, VA
              United States
              Member #167024
              June 22, 2015
              6 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2015, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info and the warm welcome!

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1506 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2015, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

GTOPBMO5,  You should seriously consider starting a Dream journal.  Have you noticed that after you are awake a couple of minutes your dreams vanish. So, begin writing the moment you awake and your dream is still fresh.

Keep at it. It might take a some attempts.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                  Lavender Rocket

United States
                  Member #124616
                  March 16, 2012
                  2642 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2015, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

GTOPBM05 - welcome to Lottery Post! and may your current good fortune continue!

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                    Member #165244
                    March 30, 2015
                    227 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2015, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Welcome! And good luck to you! See Ya!

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Bondi Junction
                      Australia
                      Member #57242
                      December 24, 2007
                      1102 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Welcome!

You can play the Massachusetts Megabucks Doubler by subscription. You don't have to live in the state.

Megabuck Doubler is a $1 wager and is drawn two times a week. Tickets can be purchased in 3-month , 6-month , and 1-year increments.

3 Month Season Ticket = $25 
                      (26 drawings) 
                      6 Month Season Ticket = $50 
                      (52 drawings) 
                      1 Year Season Ticket = $100 
                      (104 drawings)

You Can Subscribe By Phone On  1-800-222-8587 (TKTS)

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Oakwood, VA
                        United States
                        Member #167024
                        June 22, 2015
                        6 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2015, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Thanks for all the welcomes!  My good fortune continued yesterday.  Bought a 1 dollar scratch ticket from the change in my cupholder while filling up.  Won 2 dollars, then bought a 2 dollar scratch ticket and won 25! haha.  I got all my numbers picked for tonights mega millions!  Fingers crossed haha