Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2017, 7:23 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

South Carolina Scratchers!! What is going on?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Hysteria.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
scpick34me's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
upstate,sc
United States
Member #150816
December 31, 2013
216 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2015, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering if anybody else in SC has noticed that apparently SC has a new company printing their tickets and the odds are getting worse for the players! As a $10 ticket player, I liked the fact that our state's lottery had better odds than NC and GA. Well I guess they figured they could make more $$$ by printing more tickets in a series without increasing the number of winning tickets. I hope all the players notice this and cut down on what they play. I hope the state notices and realizes by cheating their players, they are just cheating themselves. I also wish they would see that ppl choose their tickets by design, and the newer tickets are not appealing in their artwork etc. Part of this is fact, and part is opinion. If you play scratch-offs in SC, please comment.

Lexington, SC
    United States
    Member #153877
    March 28, 2014
    91 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2015, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Eh, winning is hit or miss in South Carolina, at least that's been my experience.  There's been times where I hit something decent (I've already hit $500, $200 and a few $100 wins on scratchers this year) and times where the cards were just complete let downs.  I don't think South Carolina tickets have better odds than Georgia, however.  It was South Carolina odds that made me go to Georgia to start buying tickets in the first place.  I was putting all this money in and never hit anything over $500 and this was me playing I guess you can say hardcore (for me that's about $50 - $60 weekly).

It only took me playing a year and a half sporadically on Georgia Lottery scratchers before I hit my first 1K.  I've been playing the SC lottery scratchers since it's inception and I yet to sniff anything close to that.  Truth be told if I lived closer to the Georgia border I would definitely play them over SC tickets.

In any case, I'm not sure if they got new vendors or not.  I thought they still use the same vendor based out of Alpharetta, GA.  I believe other state lotteries use the same vendor.

The main issue I have with the South Carolina lottery is when it comes to their second chance games Clean Sweep and Instant Replay.  My issue with both games are the same, the same dag-gum people are winning all the dag-gum time.  With Instant Replay, there's one guy who has won 20,000 points each month for almost the past 8 months since the game started.  Either that guy buys tons and tons of $1 and $2 tickets or he's extremely lucky.

With Clean Sweep some people are just making bank on those $50 prizes and yet SCEL doesn't put a cap on it.  If you look at the winners for any particular month, you'll see someone winning 6, 7, 8 or even 9 times in the monthly drawing. That's one person raking in between $300 and $500 off of $50 wins!  The last Clean Sweep I entered I submitted 87 entries (that's 870 losing tickets that I collected from my purchases in a 10 - 12 month span).  I didn't win not one $50 prize but yet someone who I bet didn't buy all those losing tickets he submitted scored $350 off of it.

It makes me sick and I've already voice my opinion to SCEL about and they won't do anything.

Anyway sorry to go off on tangent.  As far as the looks of the tickets, I'm not really bothered by that.  I just wish the use the material they used on the Million Dollar Series tickets for future scratchers.  That stuff was so easy to scratch off.  The only time I had an easier time scratching a ticket was when I played Georgia's Maximum Fortune (looks similar to our Ultimate Bankroll ticket out several months ago).

I will say it seems all of the big wins in South Carolina seem to come from the upstate so you're in a good position.  Me I'm in central South Carolina and it seems like top prizes are rarely won here.

scpick34me's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      upstate,sc
      United States
      Member #150816
      December 31, 2013
      216 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2015, 1:34 am - IP Logged

Lol, I thought most winners come from the Midlands. Guess it's the perspective of where you are. I noticed couple of months ago, the artwork on tickets started looking alot like NC. Also noticed on $10 tix, the run went from 3M tix to 3.6M. Also, when a new ticket used to come out, it would have a rediculous # of winners in a certain prize. Ex., the Lucky Loot couple years ago had like 15k $1000 winners. Odds of winning on $10 used to always be less than 1in 3. Now it slowly creaping up, 1-3.12, 1-3.2. They have done something down there, and its not for our benefit, that's for sure. You must have been referring to the Patel's that win all second chance stuff. Maybe they are just lucky. Lol. Or SCEL shouldn't let retailers dig losers from trash and send em in.

NY
        United States
        Member #167035
        June 22, 2015
        1340 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

still like the sc payouts better - the newest 10 for example has a payback percentage higher than EVERY SINGLE TICKET currently out in New York (not exaggerating)

but odds went from 1:3 to 1:3.1, consider yourself lucky, NY's $20s are about 1:3.5 and $25 is 1:3.8 (the NY $10s are about 1:3.7)

RedStang's avatar - laughing chimp.gif
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3164 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Today I played on the nc/sc border --6 carolina cash   4 paid back

3  golden key    1 paid back

6 pay me      3 paid back   2 of them had the 5x

6  20x   2 paid back     

$60 spent and  45 back  better then i thought it would be

Lexington, SC
            United States
            Member #153877
            March 28, 2014
            91 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2015, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

The last 3 $10 lottery tickets (Classic Cash, Big Cash and Payout) all have had the top prizes raised from $200,000 to $250,000.  I wonder if this is going to be a permanent thing going forward (as $250,000 top prizes were a sporadic thing) and if so, does that mean the odds have decreased for winning a prize overall.

Guess time will tell.