Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Facebook Pages

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 1 year ago by mikeintexas.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2015, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that many businesses are fond of giving stuff away on their facebook pages, including my state's lottery.  I've been entering the ones that just require a comment for a couple years now, and finally won a $5 scratch-off ticket which I got in the mail today.  And it's a $100 winner.  I've never won that much on a scratcher, and it's been several years since I won that much on a draw ticket, so this is feeling like a big win to me.  LOL

It was kinda fun because every number on the ticket was a $5 winner, so 20 spots for $100.

I encourage everyone to check out their state lottery page.  I bet a lot of them do this type of stuff.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Congrats, HoLeeKau! Sometimes I comment on their facebook, but I don't really do it on a regular basis. Haven't won anything but it's nice to know someone who has! Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2015, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Thank you TSC!  I'm feeling lucky today.  Maybe I'll go cash it and spend a little extra on Mega tonight.

They're doing a promo right now where you just have to vote (by commenting) on the dirtiest truck.  Only 150 or so people commenting each day so pretty good odds.  I think it runs thru the end of the month -- the finals might run into next month I can't remember.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1258 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2015, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I just liked the Texas Lottery page;  not sure why I never thought of it before.  There hadn't posted any recent contests, but I scrolled down and found one.  Most of them were promotions for games they offer.

One of the first pages I liked when I got on Facebook a few yrs. ago was Lottery Post.   It's a great way to catch the news articles posted in here on those days when I don't have time to visit the forums AND catch up with my FB friends and pages.