Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Its official, powerball matrix change coming this october

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Teddi.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Warren, MI
United States
Member #149999
December 14, 2013
42 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I just read an article, the odds of winning will jump to 1 in 292,201,338 but the overall odds will decrease to 1 in 25 up from 1 in 32.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4144 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Post the Article D.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4144 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2015, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Feeling like a Winner & being a Winner are total opposites. Hope Springs Eternal.... indeed!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

grwurston's avatar - 144
        Let's Go Rangers!!!
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        5089 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2015, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Time to switch back to Mega Millions. The odds there are only 259 million to one. Much better.  Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
          NC
          United States
          Member #164399
          February 28, 2015
          2012 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2015, 12:27 am - IP Logged

They both suck now...lol.....maybe I'll focus on the pick 5.....

Because ticket sales are down they are going to attempt to keep more of the current ticket sales revenue.....it'll backfire....

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1958 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2015, 3:50 am - IP Logged

PB and MM are just flat out ridiculous now. I'll stick to Hoosier Lotto.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
              Member #161539
              December 3, 2014
              328 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2015, 5:18 am - IP Logged

Well, just to add my nickel or 2 cents ... I quit playing already in June on both MM and PB. The interest is just not there anymore ... also, when I did play PB, I would play "29" for the PBall ... since it has hit the most over all the other numbers ... with the new setup coming in Oct ... that won't be possible anymore.

I hit with "29" many times but I really never won any serious money, even with the extra dollar ... usually never had any other numbers to go with the "29".

So now a new PBall number will take the lead ... the other numbers couldn't catch up to "29" so they just eliminated it ... doesn't matter!

On a side note ... some of you have read my earlier postings about the Match 6 (6/49) game in PA and how it is always getting hit at around $1 million (+ or -) these days ... the jackpot never builds anymore ... well, true to form, this past Monday (July 6th) ... it had finally reached $1 million again and got hit again ... so now I wait till Aug for another shot at a million ... I still buy one or two tickets ... it was my main game since cutting back and now quitting MM and PB.

I really think people in PA have left MM and PB and are playing Match 6 a lot more with the better odds ... but I can't prove anything ... the 6/49 game is getting hit every month to 1 1/2 months.

Like I said before, the PA 6/49 game is the easiest 6/49 game to hit ... jackpots used to be around $4 million ... then $2 million and now $1 million.

Speaking of a 6/49 game, the MA Megabucks Doubler is now over $2 million cash ... that's my new hope ... I have two tickets into Nov ... both my tickets started in June and also in June both my tickets hit on the same night and one ticket hit with Doubler number ... so I won $2 and $4 = $6 and I still have till Nov to play. I had three numbers on each ticket.

At least I got my $4 shipping charge back for the two tickets ... I'm getting ready for my trip to MA to collect the Big One !

Maryland
                United States
                Member #162434
                January 2, 2015
                939 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2015, 6:31 am - IP Logged

They both suck now...lol.....maybe I'll focus on the pick 5.....

Because ticket sales are down they are going to attempt to keep more of the current ticket sales revenue.....it'll backfire....

Yup, I dropped PB when it changed to $2 a play.  I ONLY play when I hit other games for a couple of hundred for a win, and only play a line or 2.

United States
                  Member #171
                  April 7, 2002
                  181 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2015, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Bye, bye Powerball, I'm very disappointed in the matrix change. I was winning little prizes occasionally buying five tickets for each draw with the Powerplay. Just this past month I hit the Powerball red ball 3 times out of 4, unfortunately one (no payoff) or no other winning numbers came out with them.  No way will I spend 3 dollars (or more) on PB tickets with less chance of winning the big one. Actually, I really played focusing on winning the second prize, but with the increase in white balls, forget it. I stopped playing MM regularly after the change, but I will buy one ticket when the jackpot approaches 100 mil. I bought a MM ticket in the lottery machine at Shop-Rite yesterday and had two white ball numbers which didn't pay off anyway.

Does anyone know if MM sales went up or down after the change?

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                    TX
                    United States
                    Member #121193
                    January 4, 2012
                    1637 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2015, 9:20 am - IP Logged

That is ok, let the odds climb, they still do not get my $2 until the annuity hits the $100 million mark and perhaps that personal figure will change to $150 million.......

Cool

United States
                      Member #171
                      April 7, 2002
                      181 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2015, 9:27 am - IP Logged

What I don't get is most people I know who don't play MM or PB say that all the big prize money is at the top and it should be shared more equally, so how does making the top prize harder to get and increasing the smaller amounts icrease sales?

Boycott PB and MM until decent payouts are implemented !!!!!!!

Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #40295
                        May 31, 2006
                        7713 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2015, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Time to get back to regular Pick 5 games!

Come visit my blog to get your copy of Pick 5 Fever for those that may have missed the post.

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                          Cordova,Al.
                          United States
                          Member #104482
                          January 15, 2011
                          5341 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2015, 9:50 am - IP Logged

They can chance the matrix of the powerball . I'm going to still buy it. As long as they don't change the amount of time you can keep your numbers in.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                            Columbus, Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #128906
                            June 5, 2012
                            592 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2015, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Well I stopped playing MM once they changed and I'll stop PB in October.  To be honest, I haven't played PB recently, desire is gone.  My thrill now comes from trading stock.  I will slowly build my fortune that way:)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5142 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2015, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

US Flag

US Flag

CAN't FLY United today!

CAN't trade NYSE ?????

UKAN buy D PowerBall$

LIFE JUST CAN't GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS