Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Passing the 50 Year Marker

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 1 year ago by malin1257.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CALI
Afghanistan
Member #118735
November 6, 2011
134 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2015, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Never thought I would live to see 50 years old. Life is surely fast.

Going to try and transition into retirement, not to mention simplifying one’s life is not easy.

So I made a major decision to sell the house in the next 5-6 months and attempt to somehow downsize into a large RV.

I have seen many You Tube videos of people living in Vans and small motor homes, which is not enough room. So now I am on the hunt for a large 5th wheel. Hopefully I can find a 45-50 footer with 4-5 slides.

For the last year I have been living out of a 10 x 20 Sea Train converted into an office here in the Middle East. 

As for playing the Lotto, there will always be $$$ for that, oh Yeaaaaahhhh, hahaha

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    815 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2015, 6:01 am - IP Logged

Here in South Texas we see hundreds of thousands of "snowbirds" who move south for the winter and live in their RV's, so it is obviously perfectly do-able.  Congratulations on making the decision to free yourself from the constant bills and upkeep that a house requires!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

malin1257's avatar - 8ball
      Antwerp
      Belgium
      Member #86174
      January 30, 2010
      37 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2015, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Never thought I would live to see 50 years old. Life is surely fast.

Going to try and transition into retirement, not to mention simplifying one’s life is not easy.

So I made a major decision to sell the house in the next 5-6 months and attempt to somehow downsize into a large RV.

I have seen many You Tube videos of people living in Vans and small motor homes, which is not enough room. So now I am on the hunt for a large 5th wheel. Hopefully I can find a 45-50 footer with 4-5 slides.

For the last year I have been living out of a 10 x 20 Sea Train converted into an office here in the Middle East. 

As for playing the Lotto, there will always be $$$ for that, oh Yeaaaaahhhh, hahaha

Way to go!  Consider southern AZ.  "Snowbird" haven, glorious weather & best of all, a low cost of living.