Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Trying Something New

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 1 year ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2015, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Obviously what I've been doing has not worked for me as I'm still poor.  So today I decided to try something new.  Hoping another state might be more lucky for me, I called and got a subscription to Mass Megabucks Doubler.  Jackpot at 2.6 mil cash right now.  Happy Birthday to me!  (No it's not my birthday but decided to get myself a gift a few months early.)

I assumed I would not be able to choose my own numbers, so was unprepared when she asked me.  So I ended up with a quick pick.  If I renew, I'll know to have my numbers ready next time.

What new things are you willing to try to reach your goals?

Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Forgot to mention, the reason I thought of this is due to the plethora of Utahns and Nevadans winning top prizes from the Idaho lottery lately.  Maybe playing in foreign states increases luck.  Jester Laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2015, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Obviously what I've been doing has not worked for me as I'm still poor.  So today I decided to try something new.  Hoping another state might be more lucky for me, I called and got a subscription to Mass Megabucks Doubler.  Jackpot at 2.6 mil cash right now.  Happy Birthday to me!  (No it's not my birthday but decided to get myself a gift a few months early.)

I assumed I would not be able to choose my own numbers, so was unprepared when she asked me.  So I ended up with a quick pick.  If I renew, I'll know to have my numbers ready next time.

What new things are you willing to try to reach your goals?

I thought you had to have a resident in Massachusetts to buy a subscription to any of its games.  If this gets out, players may be buying subscriptions to some of its other games like PB and MM which could hurt the butler services which charge an extra dollar or two per line for the same service.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2015, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I thought you had to have a resident in Massachusetts to buy a subscription to any of its games.  If this gets out, players may be buying subscriptions to some of its other games like PB and MM which could hurt the butler services which charge an extra dollar or two per line for the same service.

I'm not familiar with the butler services, but Mass charges a little less for their subs.  The rub is, the minimum purchase is 3 months playing a set of numbers.  They charged me an extra $4, I assume to pay for UPS to deliver my slip, but it was still cheaper than buying those same numbers in person.  It also takes a while to become effective - she said my first draw would be Aug 4.

I had to phone (toll free number) as I couldn't find a place on their website to sub online and the hold time was about 7 minutes with loud beeping in my ear.

As far as I could see it doesn't say on their website that any of the games were limited to in-state addresses, but I suppose it's possible that only in-state games are sold to out-of-staters.

Anybody know for sure?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2015, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

The Mass. Mega bucks Doubler is the only game they do this for.

myturn has mentioned it several times.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: July 17, 2015, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

HoLeeKau  Good luck. It's a fun little game and must be intriguing to know you can smash the jackpot all the way from the other side of the country. That plane ride would be the longest ride everLOL

That money's gone fo ever

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
              Member #165244
              March 30, 2015
              228 Posts
              Posted: July 17, 2015, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Maybe for something new, I will try to somehow get some tickets from out of state.  Thinking someplace in the mid-west.  That would definitely be a long ride from NYS.

But for now just trying to decide which new scratchoffs to try.

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2015, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

From the Massachusetts Lottery FAQ page:

Can non-residents play the game? If so, how do they collect?

Yes, anyone 18 and over can purchase any Lottery product at any agent location. All players can collect their prizes at the same locations referenced in the "How do customers collect their winnings" FAQ. Season Tickets can be purchased directly from any sales agent while in the state, or from out of state by calling l-800-222-TKTS. The ticket can be registered in the owner's name by completing and returning the registration form to the Lottery. Season Tickets are available for Lucky for Life, Mega Millions, Megabucks Doubler and Powerball.

Lucky for Life, Mega Millions and Powerball season tickets cannot be purchased via phone or by mail from out of state.

HoLeeKau

The best I ever did, 5 of 6 in a pick 6, was when I lived in Vegas and played in California. (Actually California, not Primm).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2015, 9:28 am - IP Logged

HoLeeKau  Good luck. It's a fun little game and must be intriguing to know you can smash the jackpot all the way from the other side of the country. That plane ride would be the longest ride everLOL

If you see someone from Idaho won, you'll know it's that Ho.  LOL

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2015, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Maybe for something new, I will try to somehow get some tickets from out of state.  Thinking someplace in the mid-west.  That would definitely be a long ride from NYS.

But for now just trying to decide which new scratchoffs to try.

I haven't heard of any other states that sell long distance.  Hope you can take a road trip or something to do it.  It's kind of exciting to mix things up.  Hyper

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: July 18, 2015, 9:39 am - IP Logged

From the Massachusetts Lottery FAQ page:

Can non-residents play the game? If so, how do they collect?

Yes, anyone 18 and over can purchase any Lottery product at any agent location. All players can collect their prizes at the same locations referenced in the "How do customers collect their winnings" FAQ. Season Tickets can be purchased directly from any sales agent while in the state, or from out of state by calling l-800-222-TKTS. The ticket can be registered in the owner's name by completing and returning the registration form to the Lottery. Season Tickets are available for Lucky for Life, Mega Millions, Megabucks Doubler and Powerball.

Lucky for Life, Mega Millions and Powerball season tickets cannot be purchased via phone or by mail from out of state.
                      ____________________________________________________________

HoLeeKau

The best I ever did, 5 of 6 in a pick 6, was when I lived in Vegas and played in California. (Actually California, not Primm).

Odds on this one for top prize are about 1:14 mil which isn't bad compared to the big multi-state games. 

Also I just figured out the Doubler for season tickets.  You pay just the $1 and each draw they choose a number 0 - 9.  If you have a winner and the last number of your ST control number (the number stays the same for the duration of your ticket which is your choice of 3 to 12 months) matches the number they drew, all prizes except the JP are doubled.  At no extra cost!  Who does that?  Certainly not my state's lousy lottery.  LOL

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                        Member #165244
                        March 30, 2015
                        228 Posts
                        Posted: July 18, 2015, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Magic words; "road trip", love doing these...and coupled with picking up some tix...hey why not...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                          Nova Scotia
                          Canada
                          Member #9934
                          December 27, 2004
                          884 Posts
                          Posted: July 19, 2015, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

It is good to travel and buy your ticket's in another part of the city, or a different city or town, altogether.

Maybe, you'll win the prize that you want!

Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #94283
                            July 17, 2010
                            2284 Posts
                            Posted: July 25, 2015, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Haven't gotten my ticket yet.  Gettin' antsy to see what my numbers for the next year are. 

Impatient animated emoticon

Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #94283
                              July 17, 2010
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2015, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Got it today!

I got a quick pick of spread out numbers.  An aught, a teen, two 30's and two 40's.

They automatically send me a check if I win between $100 and $200.  Second place prizes of $2500 and $5000 require a claim form with social security number.  The $2 and $4 prizes accumulate and they send a check when the balance is $10 or higher.  If less than $10 they send a check when the season ticket expires.  Happy to know the smaller prizes won't go unclaimed just because it's not worth travelling to Mass to get them.

So far, I'm really happy with the way Mass Lottery handles these subscriptions.

I'll be extremely happy with them if I win.  First eligible draw is next Wednesday.  Hyper