Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Curious about Quick Picks

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
891 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2015, 6:13 am - IP Logged

Has anyone noticed a "codes" or references when one buys a QP?   I've heard some folks say if you get a QP you can eliminate pkaying those numbers on your play slip which I know is bogus   I'm just curious if anyone has come up with anything like you can do on a scratch offs by using the zip code when you purchase at your store

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2015, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Has anyone noticed a "codes" or references when one buys a QP?   I've heard some folks say if you get a QP you can eliminate pkaying those numbers on your play slip which I know is bogus   I'm just curious if anyone has come up with anything like you can do on a scratch offs by using the zip code when you purchase at your store

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about but if I remember correctly from selling tickets there are 3 numbers followed by a dash with a bunch of other numbers.

Like 723-12947585638

The first 3 numbers indicate the store and the numbers after those are something else about the store,forgot now.

What is that about the zip code? Never heard of that. I do know that when you see that extra little colored line on the scratch offs, it usually indicates a winner. Have seen that countless times.

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

cbr$'s avatar - maren
      Cordova,Al.
      United States
      Member #104482
      January 15, 2011
      4906 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2015, 8:24 am - IP Logged

SkyLine69, when people tell you to eliminate a quick pick number, is because you all ready have that, if it one of your picks to play for that day, then you invest a little more on that quick pick number. Other wise move on to the other numbers you like for that day. Now, as far as pick a scratch offs by zip code. Green laughYou're about to really tick- off some Retailer, big time! Think about it. The average store has about 50 or more scratch off ticket usually in a case on the counter, about 20 others behind them, plus a couple of vending machine also. You're about to ask them to stop and look at all the number at end of all the tickets in the just so it has a zip code you like. Do your self and the retailer a favor, go early, on the day the retailer is getting a new shipment of scratch, that why the person already has the book out to log new tickets in, then that person can tell a number like that is in this games. If that end up to let just say, you want the ticket, you will have to purchase all the tickets down to ticket number selection you want.  Let's say, this stack of scratch offs are brand new. It a $10, stack. Your zip code number is in the middle of the ticket, 35550x. Now, the retailer tell his tickets end in 00- 49. But the way he has them in the slot is the scratch that end in 355549 is coming out first. Think about that for a moment.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5600 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2015, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Not sure about any "codes". Just under the game logo is the retailer number (RET# 134095-00) which is the store where I buy my tics in Texas.

At the bottom on the left just above the barcode there are always 6 numbers such as 014455. These numbers are not the same on different tics. Then across on the right just above the barcode there are a series of numbers that always start with 9328-then 9 numbers that are different on each tic, then a dash, then 6 numbers that are different on each tic. I have no idea what all those refer to though I am just looking at a small sample of tickets. All the tickets I have are QP's except the tickets I buy for the work pool. They are MM tics which the first 5 numbers are QP, and the mega ball numbers are SP.

If Texas drew numbers by RNG I might be concerned, but all the games are mechanical ball machines, so I never thought about all the serial numbers on a tic.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2015, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure if I'm helping or derailing the thread but in MA they have codes for scratch offs that win prizes of $500 and  under.  Below is an image I found online with the codes I'm talking about. The "ohn" stands for one hundred. I think the codes help the store clerks determine winners especially in complicated games such as Crossword and Bingo. 

As far as quick picks codes in online games are concerned, this is new to me. Never heard about it

That money's gone fo ever

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49752 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2015, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

QPs for which Games (ie: P3, P4, P5, P6, MM, PB, etc.)?

Do you have an example of these codes/ref numbers?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: July 18, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Codes?......Image result for pirates of the caribbean/ the code

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - mystic

United States
                Member #161367
                November 27, 2014
                60 Posts
                Posted: July 18, 2015, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I bought a QP for MM this friday.

The code was 6  10  19  45  52  QP  MB 3  QP  MP  No

Unfortunately the code only had one number correct.

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                  Cordova,Al.
                  United States
                  Member #104482
                  January 15, 2011
                  4906 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2015, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure if I'm helping or derailing the thread but in MA they have codes for scratch offs that win prizes of $500 and  under.  Below is an image I found online with the codes I'm talking about. The "ohn" stands for one hundred. I think the codes help the store clerks determine winners especially in complicated games such as Crossword and Bingo. 

As far as quick picks codes in online games are concerned, this is new to me. Never heard about it

If I got this right, the code on all lottery tickets scratch - off is the 3 letter found in the winning area on all ticket. the letters on this ticket is [hun], or [hon] this is a hundred winning ticket. That what the retailer is reading, you such too. They're just running it through the ticket machine to see if it a true winner and have not been altered or tamper with in any way. 

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2015, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

If I got this right, the code on all lottery tickets scratch - off is the 3 letter found in the winning area on all ticket. the letters on this ticket is [hun], or [hon] this is a hundred winning ticket. That what the retailer is reading, you such too. They're just running it through the ticket machine to see if it a true winner and have not been altered or tamper with in any way. 

You are correct. I think it's just an extra layer of security. The store clerks can do 3 things

They can scan the ticket (in MA only store clerks can scan the scratch offs too see if it's a winner),

They can read the ticket and see if your numbers match the winning numbers.

They can look at the code and see if it's a winning code. I often get code "ten" for a $10 win.

That money's gone fo ever

uprrman's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                      harvard,il
                      United States
                      Member #96756
                      September 4, 2010
                      2453 Posts
                      Posted: July 19, 2015, 11:40 am - IP Logged

You are correct. I think it's just an extra layer of security. The store clerks can do 3 things

They can scan the ticket (in MA only store clerks can scan the scratch offs too see if it's a winner),

They can read the ticket and see if your numbers match the winning numbers.

They can look at the code and see if it's a winning code. I often get code "ten" for a $10 win.

ill quit the code letters  years ago. i wish they still had them like wi does

i want to be a millionaire a second time!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49752 Posts
                        Posted: July 19, 2015, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Apparently SkyLine69 lost his curiosity...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5600 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2015, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Skyline sometimes has a way of asking a question and then disappearing.

Coin Toss said it best....someone's self pick could be someone else's qp.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)