Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why wont states get away from computer picking the winning numbers and back to a manual picking syst

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 1 year ago by samgirl280.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
franklin,tennessee
United States
Member #74598
May 15, 2009
2 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2015, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Banana

It

would be more believeable

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49725 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Banana

It

Why? People don't trust either method of drawing numbers!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2015, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

The LC in these States go one step further by saying the computer drawings are safe because they do not allow employees of the LC to purchase lottery tickets of any kind. That statement is supposed to come as a relief to the playing public.Confused

** Welcome to the Forum Mlkemper.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1510 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2015, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I agree 100%.  Both methods can be rigged or studied over time to output numbers that are not winning or winning jackpot numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2015, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Why wont states get away from computer picking the winning numbers and back to a manual picking syst

Because they don't have to, there are plenty of players buying plenty of tickets with things just as they are.  Real drawings cost more and they don't attract more players.  I don't play RNG drawings and I doubt if my dollar is missed.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2015, 1:28 am - IP Logged

True. Some live drawings are previously recorded. They could use that drawing any time they want.

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
              NC
              United States
              Member #164399
              February 28, 2015
              1931 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2015, 1:33 am - IP Logged

True. Some live drawings are previously recorded. They could use that drawing any time they want.

Not to mention the predraws.....that's where NCs trips seem to go....SMH

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                NC
                United States
                Member #164399
                February 28, 2015
                1931 Posts
                Posted: July 22, 2015, 1:36 am - IP Logged

I wonder how many states do pre draws...anyone know? That's like rolling the dice and then just keeping the roll you like.....

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #165541
                  April 12, 2015
                  544 Posts
                  Posted: July 22, 2015, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Banana

It

Its politics.

Bill Gates probably has plenty of lobbying groups, who go around the country explaining why computer drawings are better or cheaper than real large world physics.

You are right it would be more believable. 

A small court case in a rather insignifant state, wont hinder anything.

It all comes down to the money,

Whether it rainy or snowy or sunny.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2015, 11:26 am - IP Logged

"Real drawings cost more and they don't attract more players."

We have a winner. Rule #1 for the lotteries is to maximize the bottom line. The only reason they care about paying out prizes or making players happy is in regard to how it affects ticket sales. It wouldn't bother them at all if every player was unhappy as long as ticket sales remain the same.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2015, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

"Real drawings cost more and they don't attract more players."

We have a winner. Rule #1 for the lotteries is to maximize the bottom line. The only reason they care about paying out prizes or making players happy is in regard to how it affects ticket sales. It wouldn't bother them at all if every player was unhappy as long as ticket sales remain the same.

We have another winner!!! Do you not know that WE OWN THE LOTTERY? If we don't play they have no games and, consequently, neither do we. I said a very long time ago that if folks wanted changes in the lottery then they'd need to take a serious stand and make a serious statement by not playing any games for a period of time. An abrupt and sustained drop in ticket sales would make HEADLINES in every single state 'cause there's power in numbers. But, kinda like RJOh eluded to, without enough folks participating in the 'No Play' strike the rest of those doing it won't be heard or FELT. It would require a MASS, MULTI-STATE movement to get attention. Folks aren't willing, though, 'cause they're afraid of not being able 'to play and continue losing' with how things are presently set up. 

Take a business for example. If you have the majority of people fed up with how it's ran and how they're paid, all they need to do is COLLECTIVELY ALL GO ON STRIKE AND JUST STAND OUTSIDE. At that point, the entire operation is at a stand still and those people have that business's undivided attention. But, you'll always have that percentage of people who are afraid of taking a stand which renders the rest of those willing to do it in vain. Those afraid can't see the big picture and don't know how much power they really have...TOGETHER. This can apply to government and taxes as well...it requires strong people. Players could have better and more frequent payouts...and enjoy their games more if they'd take a stand. There's a faction of people that simply don't want to see other people doing well...and everyone doing well can only "catapult" the economy because they'd spend more of it. I didn't say everyone needs to win a JP but, everyone needs to win more and better prizes so they can spend more $$$ everywhere and, in turn, play more. Just common sense.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5600 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2015, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I think most if not all states are more focused on scratch offs because that is where the most dollars are being spent.

I don't play scratchers very often, but I have contemplated dropping the draw games and just playing scratchers. Problem is the scratchers will eat up your money a lot quicker than a draw game where it only costs a buck or 2. I can play all four jackpot games for a week for as little as $10.

But as it is, Texas is a mechanical ball state, and they're pretty transparent, so I'm confident there's no shenanigans going on. But the second they switch to RNG, and I'm done with the state games. I'll play PB and MM as long as they're ball games. They go RNG, bye-bye. They might not miss my dollar, but it doesn't matter to me if they do or not.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1648 Posts
                          Posted: July 24, 2015, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I think most if not all states are more focused on scratch offs because that is where the most dollars are being spent.

I don't play scratchers very often, but I have contemplated dropping the draw games and just playing scratchers. Problem is the scratchers will eat up your money a lot quicker than a draw game where it only costs a buck or 2. I can play all four jackpot games for a week for as little as $10.

But as it is, Texas is a mechanical ball state, and they're pretty transparent, so I'm confident there's no shenanigans going on. But the second they switch to RNG, and I'm done with the state games. I'll play PB and MM as long as they're ball games. They go RNG, bye-bye. They might not miss my dollar, but it doesn't matter to me if they do or not.

Hey, the scratchers do pay off really well...with a little luck on one's side and persistence. My girlfriend just bought a $2 Candy Cane scratcher...and knocked down $100!!!! Not bad, babe...not bad at all. A couple of my friends are avid scratchers and have knocked down $1000 each in the past few months. Man, I've gotta get going!!!!

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

backwoods ga
                            United States
                            Member #155844
                            May 31, 2014
                            1889 Posts
                            Posted: July 24, 2015, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm looking for a pick 34 business partner....

Cussing Face. I have an awesome strategy of knocking down straight hits. just feel like sharing the wealth and risk...

anybody down. Only taking on 1 person

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                              Happy California
                              United States
                              Member #157856
                              August 2, 2014
                              1514 Posts
                              Posted: July 24, 2015, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

RNG's v. Draw games ?   Keno results come in too fast for it to be a draw game. It is played here in CA.  There must be other games like keno.  Disapprove

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others