Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What will MM look like after PB change?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 1 year ago by LouieTheCat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
Member #164603
March 8, 2015
614 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2015, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

A friend is goint to be in the states in September/October and can bring me back some advance play. What would you  opt for? 28 draws Powerball or 28 draws Megamillions?

I was thinking 28 single line draws of MM, since PB is twice as expensive and will have worse odds come October.

That got me thinking, how will MM grow once PB has become more unattractive odds wise instead of just being more expensive?

Do people care enough to defect to MM as it's cheaper and the odds are (slightly) better, or will inertia take over?

My guess is that people will swing over to MM and only play they occasional line of PB. Therefore MM will start to grow faster in bigger increments and PB jackpots ill grow along slowly but steady, culminating in a close to a $1bn jackpot occasionally were people will spend the extra $ for a chance of a record changing jackpot that was unseen before.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2015, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

A friend is goint to be in the states in September/October and can bring me back some advance play. What would you  opt for? 28 draws Powerball or 28 draws Megamillions?

I was thinking 28 single line draws of MM, since PB is twice as expensive and will have worse odds come October.

That got me thinking, how will MM grow once PB has become more unattractive odds wise instead of just being more expensive?

Do people care enough to defect to MM as it's cheaper and the odds are (slightly) better, or will inertia take over?

My guess is that people will swing over to MM and only play they occasional line of PB. Therefore MM will start to grow faster in bigger increments and PB jackpots ill grow along slowly but steady, culminating in a close to a $1bn jackpot occasionally were people will spend the extra $ for a chance of a record changing jackpot that was unseen before.

Really hard to say. I'll keep playing both because even second prize gets me out of debt and pays off the mortgage. Then some left over to help retire  in a few years. I always play megaplier on MM, and lately I've been playing powerplay. When I compare the odds for both second prizes, (even after the PB change), to the odds for our lotto game, MM and PB still have better odds. And, I'm still in the game for the jackpot.

Good luck whichever you choose!

Maybe play some on both?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23275 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2015, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #62147
        June 19, 2008
        83 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2015, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Tell your friend to move to NY or CA.  Powerball is rigged to be won in those states only.