Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

UPDATE: 1 million dollars a year for life NYS lottery Scratch off ticket

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rgse90.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ozone park
United States
Member #57042
December 15, 2007
274 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Although the NYS lottery has stated that the game 596 1 million dollars a year for life has 1 remaining top prize tickets left and 9 (actually 8 2nd prize winners because we did not cash ours yet), They have entered it into the retired games section, stating that ALL remaining tickets need to be cashed by August 11. 2016. 

Now does that mean that the remaining ticket may never be cashed because it was destroyed, stolen or destroyed by fire or water etc. 

But their top prize report still states 1 top prize left. Does anyone know for a fact how this works. No conspiracy theory's just facts one why their is one remaining ticket left but the game ends officially August 11, 2016. I know there are less than 1 million tickets left but what gives. Is the top prize ticket rally left. 

Does anyone know if a new one is coming out to replace this one because this had to be not only the longest scratch-off game but the most financially successful game ever.

NY
    United States
    Member #167035
    June 22, 2015
    1340 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Although the NYS lottery has stated that the game 596 1 million dollars a year for life has 1 remaining top prize tickets left and 9 (actually 8 2nd prize winners because we did not cash ours yet), They have entered it into the retired games section, stating that ALL remaining tickets need to be cashed by August 11. 2016. 

Now does that mean that the remaining ticket may never be cashed because it was destroyed, stolen or destroyed by fire or water etc. 

But their top prize report still states 1 top prize left. Does anyone know for a fact how this works. No conspiracy theory's just facts one why their is one remaining ticket left but the game ends officially August 11, 2016. I know there are less than 1 million tickets left but what gives. Is the top prize ticket rally left. 

Does anyone know if a new one is coming out to replace this one because this had to be not only the longest scratch-off game but the most financially successful game ever.

hit 5m was retired 2 months ago and someone claimed the last of the top prizes this week - just means the game can no longer be ordered by the retailers and all remaining tickets have to be cashed by said date

my feeling is October 13th we will see a new $30 (hopefully will not be as awful paying as the win 1m for life but will probably be if not worse but still will make loads for the lottery) because the tickets are set for the Sept 1 release, and October 13 is the next date in the 6 week cycle (November 24 will be the Christmas cards then we into 2016)

ozone park
      United States
      Member #57042
      December 15, 2007
      274 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2015, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

What was hit 5 million?

NY
        United States
        Member #167035
        June 22, 2015
        1340 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

What was hit 5 million?

the blue $20 ticket that was part of the hit series that came out in September 2014, think 3/4 of the top prizes were claimed before the end of 2014 and was retired in June once there were 4/50 of the 2nd prizes (75k) remaining and was at 1 top prize and 1 2nd prize on august 10th and as of august 17th that 1 top prize was claimed by someone

i think for that ticket all of the tickets that were printed made it to retailers - most of the time they do not let the games run to 100% sold at least some states like TX are more transparent when they decide to end a game (they state the percentage of tickets sold, how long it has been on the market, if it is slow selling, etc.)

ozone park
          United States
          Member #57042
          December 15, 2007
          274 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2015, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

There is a new 30 dollar ticket coming. The lowest prize winning ticket will be 50 dollars instead of 30 dollars. That is all I know right now. There is no date set but I am assuming it will be as soon as the last top prize gets claimed. 

I do have a question though. Is it possible for a top prize ticket to have more than 1 prize on it. Like lets say a number match for 35 dollars as well as a number match for the top prize life? What do you think. My second prize winning ticket only had a prize for 50 thousand and nothing more. But I was just wondering.

New York
            United States
            Member #157288
            July 14, 2014
            170 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2015, 7:54 am - IP Logged

There is a new 30 dollar ticket coming. The lowest prize winning ticket will be 50 dollars instead of 30 dollars. That is all I know right now. There is no date set but I am assuming it will be as soon as the last top prize gets claimed. 

I do have a question though. Is it possible for a top prize ticket to have more than 1 prize on it. Like lets say a number match for 35 dollars as well as a number match for the top prize life? What do you think. My second prize winning ticket only had a prize for 50 thousand and nothing more. But I was just wondering.

The prizes don't work like that, it's one prize only per ticket.

Here is what I asked the NYS Lottery and their reply:

Question: Why was game 596 removed from the 10 and up game section

Answer: Instant games have an "announced end of distribution."  Therefore, no "end dates" are printed when the tickets are distributed.  We announce the ends of games through our retailers and on our website.  Instant tickets may be redeemed up to one year from this date.  Since the market dictates whether or not a game will be popular, it is not possible to predict the selling period.

To see a distribution schedule of all of our current and recently ended instant games, go to our website at www.nylottery.ny.gov and click on the link for Instant Game Reports located in the “Instant Scratch-Off Games” section.

If the Instant ticket game you are looking for does not appear on this listing, it is no longer a valid Instant ticket.

Thank you for your interest in the New York Lottery.

I don't think they really answered my question. They just jerked me off with no lube...

NY
              United States
              Member #167035
              June 22, 2015
              1340 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2015, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

interesting info - so like the golden ticket then w no break evens - prob will be 1:3.5 odds or worse which will be terrible

and enigmas once an end of date is announced they move the ticket to the retired games section

ozone park
                United States
                Member #57042
                December 15, 2007
                274 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2015, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

I actually called lottery and spoke to the legal department and they were extremely helpful. This is what happened. Game 596 1 million dollar a year for life has less than 1 million tickets out in the retailers store. With their formulas they can ascertain that by August 11, 2016 the million or so tickets out there will all be sold out so that is how they came up with the August 11, 2016 end of cashing tickets date. Technically the end of game has not been called they are just projecting this. They cannot call the end of date until the last top prize winner comes forward. 

There are no more tickets in the warehouse, they are all out there in the retailers. Retailers can no longer request this game to sell but can sell whatever they have left until the game is called to an end and that requires the last top prize ticket to be validated by lotto. The ticket cannot just be sold it must have been validated as a winning ticket by either a retailer or lotto themselves. 

So now I proposed this question. What if the ticket was destroyed. You may or may not know that when a retailer goes out of business, sells their businesses, goes bankrupt, or has a fire or water damage ALL opened books of scratch offs that the retailer has opened gets destroyed. ONLY closed books get returned. ALSO what I did not know is that when a retailer opens the book example game 596 1 million dollars a year FOR LIFE, they have 45 days to pay lottery for the open book sold or not and make their money back once the book is sold. So if the retailer has the book for 6 months and they are tired of waiting to get their money back they can send in the unsold portions and they get destroyed also. ALSO tickets get robbed everyday they also get destroyed. At last foil request destroyed tickets for this game was over 300,000 thousand. 

So what if the winning ticket was in the destroyed or stolen tickets. They told me legally there is nothing they can do. They have to report out that their is 1 winning ticket left until th last of th tickets are sold. That is not fair because it really is fraud for knowing selling the game when the ticket was destroyed. 

So I asked why tickets have to get destroyed they told m that the book keeping is too complicated to remove tickets from on location to another location. So I asked if they could allow the lottery agency themselves to sell them through their own locations they told me there was no way. They told me that it is in the NYS Legislative law and only by action of the NYS legislative body could they do something about the tickets that ht destroyed otherwise thy have to destroy them according to the law. To me this is fraud because I have played this game since its inception in 2008 and followed it very closely. We could be on a wild goose chase because th ticket could have been destroyed. 

Now I want to also say that there was a dry spell 2008 and 2009 each had a winner. but the rest of 2009, 2010 and 2011 and almost all of 2012 went without a winner and than we had a winner 12-2012, than 2013 and 2014. So for almost 3 whole years there was no winning ticket which for me means that that was when th ticket got destroyed. Will we ever know I am not sure if they have to reveal this after the game is over but I am going to ask anyway. 

This game made a hell of a lot of money for them and was probably their best game ever and they may not have to pay the final 6th winner which means it was a win win all the way around. 

A lot to take in but all true.

ozone park
                  United States
                  Member #57042
                  December 15, 2007
                  274 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2015, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Enigmas-The reason I asked was because I have been playing since 2008 and I have saved every winning ticket for a kind of savings for me. So I was thinking hey maybe I actually had the winning ticket in my box of little winners. I have about 1000 winning tickets I am going to cash in soon. That was why I asked so thank you.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #167035
                    June 22, 2015
                    1340 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2015, 6:23 am - IP Logged

interesting rgse - know game cannot be reordered once they announce end of date but surprised all the tickets are out at retailers - think the same thing happened w hit 5m and the final top prize was claimed 2 months later (plus i refuse to play the $30 ticket so does not affect me but not really fraud because no one knows where the winning tickets are)

and 300k out of 21 million destroyed might be why there are still 9 50k prizes left

ozone park
                      United States
                      Member #57042
                      December 15, 2007
                      274 Posts
                      Posted: August 21, 2015, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

It is actually 8 left we have no claimed ours yet we are going to do so in a few months.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #167035
                        June 22, 2015
                        1340 Posts
                        Posted: August 21, 2015, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

It is actually 8 left we have no claimed ours yet we are going to do so in a few months.

oh congrats then - till then sign the back and frame it on ur wall :)

ozone park
                          United States
                          Member #57042
                          December 15, 2007
                          274 Posts
                          Posted: August 21, 2015, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

We hid it in a box. But now that the game is called we are going to have to cash it in soon. Thanks