Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery at the pump

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 1 year ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
nc
United States
Member #99520
October 26, 2010
375 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2015, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Had planned not to buy at the pump again.  Circumstances are preventing me from purchasing during lottery hours today.  So I went to the pump last night after lottery sales hours were over. Was very surprised that you could buy lottery tickets at 1 a.m.  Sales ended at midnight.  Glad only 1 station here does it at the pump. Too easy to  spend outside the budget....

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1408 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2015, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Good for you Zgirl.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2015, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, Zinnia!

I used to think the machines closed at 10 pm here because I only bought at Jackson's, the biggest c-store here and they turned them off at that time.  Now, if a store is open, so are the machines.  I don't know if the lottery insists on that, or if Jackson's changed their policy, but it's worth checking other stores that are open all night.  It's really nice though, to have the option to buy at any time.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
        Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        80787 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2015, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, Zinnia!

I used to think the machines closed at 10 pm here because I only bought at Jackson's, the biggest c-store here and they turned them off at that time.  Now, if a store is open, so are the machines.  I don't know if the lottery insists on that, or if Jackson's changed their policy, but it's worth checking other stores that are open all night.  It's really nice though, to have the option to buy at any time.

When I was working I would go to a convenient  store around 5:30 am and asked for amsk for lottery tickets but I had to wait until 6 am. I asked the clerk if he was old enough to seel me any. Apparently selling before is store policy. Things mihgt have changed but I don't think Pittsburg is selling at he pumps

God Bless America

US Flag

nc
          United States
          Member #99520
          October 26, 2010
          375 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2015, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Well, won a few dollars. Now will find out about how. The process works to get my money and how quickly it happens. Of ciurse tomorrow is a holiday.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
            Member #158848
            September 5, 2014
            294 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2015, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

I've never bought at the pump, and have no intention to.  Smiley

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

nc
              United States
              Member #99520
              October 26, 2010
              375 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2015, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I've never bought at the pump, and have no intention to.  Smiley

Good for you! Hope that temptation is never put in front of you!

the monetary retuns, winnings, were in my account this morning. Very simple, easy and reported as winnings to the state. Wonder if they will send me the tax document in january?

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                Texas
                United States
                Member #150797
                December 31, 2013
                815 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2015, 6:59 am - IP Logged

the monetary retuns, winnings, were in my account this morning. Very simple, easy and reported as winnings to the state. Wonder if they will send me the tax document in january?

Count on it!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                  Member #9517
                  December 10, 2004
                  1272 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2015, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Had planned not to buy at the pump again.  Circumstances are preventing me from purchasing during lottery hours today.  So I went to the pump last night after lottery sales hours were over. Was very surprised that you could buy lottery tickets at 1 a.m.  Sales ended at midnight.  Glad only 1 station here does it at the pump. Too easy to  spend outside the budget....

The question is: is your ticket valid? If they see a time stamp after the sale has ended perhaps they will say it's not valid for the coming draw.

nc
                    United States
                    Member #99520
                    October 26, 2010
                    375 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2015, 9:46 am - IP Logged

The reviept that you get from the pump is ot a legal ticket.  Your atm card is your validator. I chose to have them text the numbers to me. As a result, they sent me text message saying I had won and my winnings were being deposited in my account.  Had I won a major prize, i would have had to present my atm card with my id to receive my winnings. Obvoiusly, the ticket was goodpurchased after store sale hours, they paid it.  If I knew how to post a photo from my ipad, i would post a gas lottery ticket picture but am unable to.  If you do it this way, do not lose your atm card!  You will not get your money!!!

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
                      Member #158848
                      September 5, 2014
                      294 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2015, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

One of the main reasons I don't buy at the pump is because the winnings are reported to the state. I buy scratchers at convenience stores. Any win under $600 can be cashed out at virtually any lottery retailer, and you're not required to sign or provide any personal info on the back of the card, nor show an ID.

Works for me!  Big Grin

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2015, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Oh I never thought of that Zinnia.  I suppose if you just lost the card the bank would replace it with the same account number.  But if you suspected it was stolen, you'd have a new number.  Wonder how the lottery would handle that?

I'd never play that way just because they're reporting the income to the state, just as I thought they would.  Probably to the IRS too.  If you get a paper ticket you can cash it up to $600 IIRC without it being reported.  Of course, we ALL report ALL wins to the IRS anyway, so it's not like it makes any difference in the taxes we're paying.  Right?  Right???  Yes Nod