Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Cannot Believe This Happened- AGAIN!

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 1 year ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Mass
United States
Member #68073
December 12, 2008
217 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2015, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

I like to scratch tickets and do so on a regular basis getting my fair share of decent winners. I have yet to encounter that truly life-changing ticket. My biggest win so far has been 10K and I have had one 5K win and a bunch of 2K and 1K's as well so yes, obviously I play quite a bit!

For the last three weeks I have been doing my weekly grocery shopping at the local Market Basket. After going through the checkout I wander over to the scratch ticket vending machine, slide in my $20 and purchase a $10 cashword and two $5 40X tix. They recently installed a scanner to verify ones age to enable purchases from this machine so the use of the machine has been much lower than it once was.

Including just the last three weeks I have hit one $50 winner on the cashword and one break-even ticket on the 40X. One of my strategies for buying tix is to check the Mass Lottery website to see which ticket could be ripe to cough up a jackpot prize. For this reason, i have been playing the 40X ticket.

So yesterday while perusing the "Winners Section" on the MSL site I see something that makes my stomach sink and my head hurt hard. It seems that someone purchased a 40X ticket out of the machine in Market Basket and hit for 1 MILLION DOLLARS! Yes, I lost sleep over this and will likely continue to do so! I was so ffffing close to owning that ticket! I was playing from a pack that contained the ticket I have been looking for since I first starting playing these evil cards!

My Mantra has always been: Right Place + Right Time+ Right Ticket

I had the place and ticket right but missed out on the time! For all I know that dude that won could have sauntered up to that machine right before (or after) me and stole my dream away! The worst part about this that it happened once before many years ago but it was not a ticket I had been regularly playing so this one hurts worse- Far Worse!

Okay, I feel better (a little) having typed that out. Time to get back to looking for that life-changer! Good Luck everyone....

Houston, TX
    United States
    Member #145644
    August 10, 2013
    121 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2015, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

BRUTAL

NY
      United States
      Member #167035
      June 22, 2015
      1340 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2015, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

I like to scratch tickets and do so on a regular basis getting my fair share of decent winners. I have yet to encounter that truly life-changing ticket. My biggest win so far has been 10K and I have had one 5K win and a bunch of 2K and 1K's as well so yes, obviously I play quite a bit!

For the last three weeks I have been doing my weekly grocery shopping at the local Market Basket. After going through the checkout I wander over to the scratch ticket vending machine, slide in my $20 and purchase a $10 cashword and two $5 40X tix. They recently installed a scanner to verify ones age to enable purchases from this machine so the use of the machine has been much lower than it once was.

Including just the last three weeks I have hit one $50 winner on the cashword and one break-even ticket on the 40X. One of my strategies for buying tix is to check the Mass Lottery website to see which ticket could be ripe to cough up a jackpot prize. For this reason, i have been playing the 40X ticket.

So yesterday while perusing the "Winners Section" on the MSL site I see something that makes my stomach sink and my head hurt hard. It seems that someone purchased a 40X ticket out of the machine in Market Basket and hit for 1 MILLION DOLLARS! Yes, I lost sleep over this and will likely continue to do so! I was so ffffing close to owning that ticket! I was playing from a pack that contained the ticket I have been looking for since I first starting playing these evil cards!

I had the place and ticket right but missed out on the time! For all I know that dude that won could have sauntered up to that machine right before (or after) me and stole my dream away! The worst part about this that it happened once before many years ago but it was not a ticket I had been regularly playing so this one hurts worse- Far Worse!

Okay, I feel better (a little) having typed that out. Time to get back to looking for that life-changer! Good Luck everyone....

agree - if i saw that ticket on youtube on your channel will probably have a lot of people freaking out including myself

but if it was the million dollar winner would keep it a secret for as long as i can but ouch why couldn't it have been one of the other 149 tickets in that roll that you were playing

Pasadena, CA
        United States
        Member #153326
        March 13, 2014
        186 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2015, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Similar story here in California. Some poor schmuck was playing ticket after ticket of the new $30 game at a liquor store, then this young kid swoops in, buys one and wins $750,000. Happened in Bakersfield. A tough pill to swallow any way you slice it. Just keep playing and cross your fingers.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2015, 2:02 am - IP Logged

In California, there's a lag between when winners win and when their wins get posted on our lottery website.  If you checked the website, maybe the winning ticket wasn't from the pack you were playing from.  Maybe it was won weeks ago???  Just trying to ease the disappointment...

ozone park
            United States
            Member #57042
            December 15, 2007
            274 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2015, 11:52 am - IP Logged

In reality it really means that it was not your time.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Lavender Rocket

United States
              Member #124616
              March 16, 2012
              2642 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2015, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

That would be tough to wrap my head around. 

Hang Tough!