Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ANN / Percep-Lotron

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 1 year ago by reddog.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #98539
October 9, 2010
57 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2015, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Dear Stoopendaal,

I am glad to see that you are working on a new application which you call ANN or Percep-Lotron.

I very much hope you are using more than 1 neural layer in the software. Ideally you should use at least 5 or 6 neural layers in the software.

There is an article in the English version of Wikipedia with the title Perceptron.  It details the reasons for using more than 2 feedforward neural layers in any software that is used for linear prediction functions.  The extra layers provide for greater processing power.

There is also a technical book on this topic titled Perceptrons -- Expanded Edition.

I hope you find this material useful.

Best wishes and good luck.

reddog's avatar - patch
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    United States
    Member #1616
    June 5, 2003
    1285 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2015, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Dear Stoopendaal,

I am glad to see that you are working on a new application which you call ANN or Percep-Lotron.

I very much hope you are using more than 1 neural layer in the software. Ideally you should use at least 5 or 6 neural layers in the software.

There is an article in the English version of Wikipedia with the title Perceptron.  It details the reasons for using more than 2 feedforward neural layers in any software that is used for linear prediction functions.  The extra layers provide for greater processing power.

There is also a technical book on this topic titled Perceptrons -- Expanded Edition.

I hope you find this material useful.

Best wishes and good luck.

Let the man do his thing !! I know you are not trying to be so don't be a duech !!

US Flag