Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Raising a staggering €4.5 billion

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 1 year ago by MaximumMillions.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2015, 3:44 am - IP Logged

I just bought a ticket in Ireland's lottery for tonight. I got the following email.

Dear Subscriber:

Your ticket details have been stored safely in your National Lottery Account. To view them, sign into your account at www.lottery.ie. You'll find your tickets in the 'My Account' section.

We'll automatically check your numbers and send you an e-mail if you're a winner.

If you need a hand with anything, please contact our customer care team with the details below.

Thank you and good luck!

The National Lottery Team

P.S. Thank you for Playing. You’ve made magic happen for good causes all over Ireland, raising a staggering €4.5 billion so far.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Bondi Junction
    Australia
    Member #57242
    December 24, 2007
    1102 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2015, 3:48 am - IP Logged

States that don't have a lottery are barking mad. Not only are they losing out on revenue, they are raising revenue for other states.

Doh!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
      Member #164603
      March 8, 2015
      614 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2015, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Are you sure it's legal for you to play in Ireland if you live in Australia? (Do you stll live in AUS or did you move home/have a second address in EIR?)

I remember there being some issues with UK National Lottery players playing abroad using other options than previously set-up subscriptions. The lottery wouldn't honor their winnnings if they were in Malta, for example.

Sadly I'm too far from any borders of participating countries or I'd dip in and out, at least during Superdraws, shouldn't one be coming up right about now?

I do wish I could play the Euromillions online directly, played it every time I was in Ireland, last time played it at the Airport in London even.Dance

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2015, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Indeed, do tell how you live in Australia but somehow you were able to create an account on the lotto.ie website and buy a ticket.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Germany
          Member #164603
          March 8, 2015
          614 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2015, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Indeed, do tell how you live in Australia but somehow you were able to create an account on the lotto.ie website and buy a ticket.

I'm thinking maybe he is one of the many expat irish people who still has an address/is registered in Ireland.

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2015, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

If you have an Irish address, you can use your granny's, you can subscribe online.

Bondi Junction
              Australia
              Member #57242
              December 24, 2007
              1102 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2015, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Are you sure it's legal for you to play in Ireland if you live in Australia? (Do you stll live in AUS or did you move home/have a second address in EIR?)

I remember there being some issues with UK National Lottery players playing abroad using other options than previously set-up subscriptions. The lottery wouldn't honor their winnnings if they were in Malta, for example.

Sadly I'm too far from any borders of participating countries or I'd dip in and out, at least during Superdraws, shouldn't one be coming up right about now?

I do wish I could play the Euromillions online directly, played it every time I was in Ireland, last time played it at the Airport in London even.Dance

Why hasn't Germany joined the Euromillions? They could do with the revenue, after Merkel invited all those illegal immigrants.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23275 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2015, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

If you have an Irish address, you can use your granny's, you can subscribe online.

Oh, you made it sound like it would be a snap for anyone to do.  Most people don't have a granny in Ireland.

Germany
                  Member #164603
                  March 8, 2015
                  614 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2015, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Why hasn't Germany joined the Euromillions? They could do with the revenue, after Merkel invited all those illegal immigrants.

They floated the idea of a pan-european lottery back in the day, but because the government kept arguing that gambling was to be tightly regulated for player and addiction protection/prevention they would have tanked their own case by signing on to a lottery that has jackpots that have the potential to rise as high as 190m €.

So 8 years later they started Eurojackpot which "only" has the potential to reach 90m €, because clearly the potential for addiction is much smaller this way Conehead

As for revenue, Germany has enough from lottery and other sources, as I'm sure you are aware.

You might not know but immigrants save the government 20k € annually, bolster the work force and help a society that is aging rapidly.

I for one support a government that doesn't deport refugees to some island country and washes its' hands off them.

Bondi Junction
                    Australia
                    Member #57242
                    December 24, 2007
                    1102 Posts
                    Posted: September 20, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

They floated the idea of a pan-european lottery back in the day, but because the government kept arguing that gambling was to be tightly regulated for player and addiction protection/prevention they would have tanked their own case by signing on to a lottery that has jackpots that have the potential to rise as high as 190m €.

So 8 years later they started Eurojackpot which "only" has the potential to reach 90m €, because clearly the potential for addiction is much smaller this way Conehead

As for revenue, Germany has enough from lottery and other sources, as I'm sure you are aware.

You might not know but immigrants save the government 20k € annually, bolster the work force and help a society that is aging rapidly.

I for one support a government that doesn't deport refugees to some island country and washes its' hands off them.

How many millions of refugees will Germany accept? Are all who turn up refugees? What about refugees who can't afford to pay people smugglers thousands, or are not strong enough to travel?

Mass migration may have economic benefits, more consumers and downward pressure on labor costs, but will it change society beyond recognition?

Australia's policy has worked, it has stopped people, including children drowning on the dangerous journey. The government resettles refugees who are offered resettlement by the UNHCR, not people smugglers.

That is a much safer and fairer way!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22972 Posts
                      Posted: September 21, 2015, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Todd, in the left margin there seems to be what looks like an ad for all types of lottery

games, then there is US Mega which I assume is legit. The ad site lists lots of lotteries

a person could play or think they're OK playing. Is not what the OP did different from

clicking an ad like the one on the left? Isn't it legal for the OP to do that? I'm assuming not

from the tone of your question. I've never purchased tickets other than at the terminals in

PA so I'm just curious. I've read bits and pieces concerning US players and what they can

and can't do, just thought other countries had more options.

Thanks.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Bondi Junction
                        Australia
                        Member #57242
                        December 24, 2007
                        1102 Posts
                        Posted: September 21, 2015, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Oh, you made it sound like it would be a snap for anyone to do.  Most people don't have a granny in Ireland.

You really should choose your grannies more carefully!

LOL!

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23275 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2015, 6:38 am - IP Logged

myturn, please do not continue posting news stories on the forums.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                            TX
                            United States
                            Member #121193
                            January 4, 2012
                            1637 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2015, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I just bought a ticket in Ireland's lottery for tonight. I got the following email.

Dear Subscriber:

Your ticket details have been stored safely in your National Lottery Account. To view them, sign into your account at www.lottery.ie. You'll find your tickets in the 'My Account' section.

We'll automatically check your numbers and send you an e-mail if you're a winner.

If you need a hand with anything, please contact our customer care team with the details below.

Thank you and good luck!

The National Lottery Team

P.S. Thank you for Playing. You’ve made magic happen for good causes all over Ireland, raising a staggering €4.5 billion so far.

Ticket stored in your national account ??? Angry"We'll automatically check your numbers and send you an email if you're a winner" No No

I dunnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo about that one.

I sort of like that physical proof in my hand, that I can store in MY ACCOUNT(safe/safety deposit box) and I will notify you that I am a winner. I could understand if you were registering it(similar to our 2nd chance promotions on select scratch-off tickets in Texas).Perhaps I am miss out on fully understanding the benefit of this type of lottery.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Germany
                              Member #164603
                              March 8, 2015
                              614 Posts
                              Posted: October 4, 2015, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Ticket stored in your national account ??? Angry"We'll automatically check your numbers and send you an email if you're a winner" No No

I dunnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo about that one.

I sort of like that physical proof in my hand, that I can store in MY ACCOUNT(safe/safety deposit box) and I will notify you that I am a winner. I could understand if you were registering it(similar to our 2nd chance promotions on select scratch-off tickets in Texas).Perhaps I am miss out on fully understanding the benefit of this type of lottery.

This way you get a confirmation off your numbers via email and you can't misplace your paper ticket.

You can still get a paper.ticket.