Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Saving your old, losing scratch-off cards

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 1 year ago by upandproper.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #168964
September 25, 2015
2 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2015, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi!

I'm a new novice that has just recently joined the lottery game. I started about a week ago and won $100 from spending $50. It was an ecstatic feeling!

I just came back from spending $100 and only won $20. :'( It's sad, but you win some and you lose some.

Okay, so my question is -- when I was doing my research about lotteries, I swear I read somewhere that you should be saving your old, losing tickets. But I can't remember if that was strictly for lotto/mega/powerball tickets, or did that include scratch-off cards?

I currently have the old ones I bought today, but if it doesn't mean anything, I'll be throwing them away.

Thanks a bunch for the help! ^^

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49784 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2015, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Hi!

I'm a new novice that has just recently joined the lottery game. I started about a week ago and won $100 from spending $50. It was an ecstatic feeling!

I just came back from spending $100 and only won $20. :'( It's sad, but you win some and you lose some.

Okay, so my question is -- when I was doing my research about lotteries, I swear I read somewhere that you should be saving your old, losing tickets. But I can't remember if that was strictly for lotto/mega/powerball tickets, or did that include scratch-off cards?

I currently have the old ones I bought today, but if it doesn't mean anything, I'll be throwing them away.

Thanks a bunch for the help! ^^

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/293974

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
      Member #168964
      September 25, 2015
      2 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2015, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much! That was super helpful!! Didn't know about the tax stuff.

I also was thinking something along the lines of second-chance winnings? Is that only for stuff like Lotto?

Thanks again!