Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega/Powerball miss opportunity

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Kettering, MD
United States
Member #168905
September 22, 2015
1 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2015, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Since the powerball/Mega merger, I am not sure why they haven't collided into one? I believe this will push the jackpot much higher plus it will be more exciting compared to what we have now. For instance, If someone win the Mega, the jackpot fall down to 15M. Take that 15 M and add it to Powerball. That make it 55M everytime someone win. Either keep the price per ticket at $2 or increase it to $3 (PB $2 + $1 = $3). Play Tuesday, Wed, Friday, and Sat. The jackpot to hit $100M within a week. WHat do you guys think?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    51178 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2015, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Pure Fiction attempting to write the script for the Two Jackpot Games!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1131 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2015, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Since the powerball/Mega merger, I am not sure why they haven't collided into one? I believe this will push the jackpot much higher plus it will be more exciting compared to what we have now. For instance, If someone win the Mega, the jackpot fall down to 15M. Take that 15 M and add it to Powerball. That make it 55M everytime someone win. Either keep the price per ticket at $2 or increase it to $3 (PB $2 + $1 = $3). Play Tuesday, Wed, Friday, and Sat. The jackpot to hit $100M within a week. WHat do you guys think?

Powerball and Mega Millions is still very distinctly separate, they only participate in a cross-licensing agreement.

The two groups (MUSL and the Mega Millions Group) have not merged into one primarily for political reasons. There are a lot of lotteries on both sides pushing for a merger, and with more states leaving MM's group we will likely see a surrender in the next few years.

Even if they merged I am not sure if they would get rid of either game or create a new game to replace both.

It would be interesting to see a shared pot but I think that would void the differentiation that these games offer at their respective price points.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23353 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2015, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.