Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do you play lotteries?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 1 year ago by GiveFive.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1534 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2015, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Yes, they need more winners at say 20 to may-be 40 million dollars.  Reading some of the post here for years at lp, I think some people really don't have a clue how much 20 to 40 million is as far as life changing.  If a person was making $100,000/year with taxes taken out vs. a person making $100,000 with no taxes taken out, that might be life changing for some.  Pb needs to change the game to have more millionaires, a not the promise of a very high jackpot that will go to one person.

virginia
    United States
    Member #168759
    September 15, 2015
    2 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2015, 3:57 am - IP Logged

The prize award levels/graduations (even taking into account the mathematical probability calculations made by those that are making them, and who are presumed,by you and me, to be more adept at making these calculations of "odds") are still widely askew. The Mega Millions, Power Ball, and even the new Va. game (Bank a million), are all cases in point. But just as in every other institution (schools, military, every faction of government(s)..) the truly inept, unwise, unmotivated, un-ambitious people are making the rules by which the majority of us must play.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
      NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3707 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2015, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Why do I play? 

I think it's because I'm a glutton for punishment, or I like losing or something like that.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!