Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who is the LP's Cal Ripken for consecutive draws?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 1 year ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What is the longest you have gone without missing a single draw for any particular game?

More than 5 years [ 2 ]  [25.00%]
Between 3-4 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Between 2-3 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Between 1-2 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
About a year [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Maybe 6 months [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Maybe 10 weeks or so [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
Less than a few months [ 5 ]  [62.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 8 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Left Coast
United States
Member #122298
January 28, 2012
125 Posts
Posted: October 15, 2015, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I am curious to know about people who have numbers in a particular game week after week after week after week...

How long? What game? How did you do it? Advanced play? subscription? Same gas station on your commute? 

And if you played for a looooong time and the streak ended, what happened?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2015, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Plenty of people here are going to say more than 5 years and for some a lot more.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      51218 Posts
      Posted: October 15, 2015, 7:22 am - IP Logged

I am curious to know about people who have numbers in a particular game week after week after week after week...

How long? What game? How did you do it? Advanced play? subscription? Same gas station on your commute? 

Why? Are you doing research for a book you're writing?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51218 Posts
        Posted: October 15, 2015, 7:25 am - IP Logged

Plenty of people here are going to say more than 5 years and for some a lot more.

I Agree! Green laugh

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5766 Posts
          Posted: October 15, 2015, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I've played Texas 2 Step, Texas Lotto, MM, without fail for so long I lost track of the last time I didn't play. I did miss a PB draw back in January.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            San Diego, CA
            United States
            Member #112369
            June 17, 2011
            187 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2015, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I'll bet that's true, Coin.  There are a lot of grizzled veterans here.

I started playing 30 years ago this month when California started its lottery participation and haven't missed a draw (of the national games and/or the state games) since then.

Because I haven't "won a championship" in the lotto during those three decades, though, it might make me more like the Chicago Cubs or Cleveland Indians than like Cal Ripken.  But I guess most lotto players are in that lovable losers camp. 

I want to be, I want to be, I want to be like Mike.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5766 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2015, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I started playing 30 years ago this month when California started its lottery participation and haven't missed a draw (of the national games and/or the state games) since then.

Because I haven't "won a championship" in the lotto during those three decades, though, it might make me more like the Chicago Cubs or Cleveland Indians than like Cal Ripken.  But I guess most lotto players are in that lovable losers camp. 

I was thinking back how long I've been playing lotteries myself. Longer than I can remember. I find myself thinking if maybe I play more lines, or play just one game really hard I would give myself a better chance to win a jackpot. But, I guess at the end of the day, it's really when or if luck comes to visit whether it's just one line or a hundred.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: October 16, 2015, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Hey there Epistrophy.

You're right about grizzled veterans- first time I played was in 1970 in Germany, the Hessen Lotto. Sure was a good way to learn German numbers but never won anything on it!

Cubs and Indians;

Green laugh

Sidenote, remember the prediction about the Cubs in Back to the Future?

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

San Diego, CA
                  United States
                  Member #112369
                  June 17, 2011
                  187 Posts
                  Posted: October 16, 2015, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking back how long I've been playing lotteries myself. Longer than I can remember. I find myself thinking if maybe I play more lines, or play just one game really hard I would give myself a better chance to win a jackpot. But, I guess at the end of the day, it's really when or if luck comes to visit whether it's just one line or a hundred.

Agree - sometimes I find myself buying a few extra tickets but you're right that it comes down to luck and all it takes is one.  Most of the time when you read about jackpot winners, they bought one or a few.  You rarely hear about someone that bought dozens or hundreds of tickets for that one draw and won it.

San Diego, CA
                    United States
                    Member #112369
                    June 17, 2011
                    187 Posts
                    Posted: October 16, 2015, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Hey there Epistrophy.

You're right about grizzled veterans- first time I played was in 1970 in Germany, the Hessen Lotto. Sure was a good way to learn German numbers but never won anything on it!

Cubs and Indians;

Green laugh

Sidenote, remember the prediction about the Cubs in Back to the Future?

Scared

Oh yeah!  I had forgotten about Back to the Future dealing with the fate of the Cubs.

That's cool that you go way back to an obscure German lottery.

Klaus: Coin, did you win the Hessen Lotto this week?

Coin: Nein.

Klaus: You won nine times - wunderbar.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      554 Posts
                      Posted: October 16, 2015, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

One day.  I took a break, and the numbers broke me.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2015, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Yup, I was living in orange county when the California lottery started.

If you recall, it was scratchers only at the time, I think that's how most states get started.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3857 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2015, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I played the JerseyCash5  for well over 12 years w/out missing a beat, same #set

3 times I had 4/5 and many times I had 3/5

I gave it up about a year ago when they changed the matrix from 5/40 to 5/43

Now I buy QPs when it's 250G or higher.

Yesterday it was 904Gs I had 3 tix w/same #s...NOTHING  Thud

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.