Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2-9-11-22-23 12

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 1 year ago by zzzz.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
virginia
United States
Member #168759
September 15, 2015
2 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2015, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi, here is my tale of WOE. perhaps it will help you to tell young people that the adage "you cant win if you do not play" is <snip> right. I played Mega millions occasionally from 1996. In 2014 i got a 3 month subscription for 2 sets of numbers $4 a week. Didn't win anything. So later on in December '14, i tried again. Well that subscription expired on march 2, 2015. (Same results, no $ won). I was really needing some cash and sitting depressed in my motel room, i picked a set of #'s out of my head that had personal meaning (2-9-11-22-23  12) and when i tried to go online to renew my subscription, the internet was out that night so i wrote them in a notepad and then forgot about it. later on in June of 2015, i was checking some cash5 tickets on the VA lottery website, and clicked on a story telling about a guy in Va. had won 4# million on the June 2nd MM drawing, as i read his winning #'s, i thought, jeez, those look familiar. After searching through all of my little notes, i saw them. Talk about F'ing depression setting in, you have no idea. $131 million lost . So please play, and tell young folks to allot an affordable amount each month to buy tickets. Because you CANT win if you DON'T play. i am living proof. Good luck all.  P.S. i am still playing, maybe too much now. LOL!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2015, 10:19 am - IP Logged

So sorry, PickedNOTPlayed, that's gotta be heartbreaking.

I have a set of numbers I've been playing since 1993.  I've thought about giving them up, but if I did and they came up I'd be so upset. 

I learned not to memorize numbers I play because if there's any chance I'll recognize them when they come up in future drawings, I will feel the need to keep playing them.  I can't afford that!  I have a set of quick picks from the Mass lottery that I subscribed to for a year.  It's been 2 months now and I still don't know them.  Hope I can avoid imprinting them on my brain for another 10 months.  lol

Maryland
      United States
      Member #162434
      January 2, 2015
      889 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2015, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

That SUCKS!! I have some numbers I play all the time and worry about the same thing happening.  Now that PB has gone all nuts-o with its changes I have dropped it and WILL NOT look at what numbers come out - if I don't know I can't feel what you are feeling. 

United States
        Member #161539
        December 3, 2014
        328 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2015, 5:51 am - IP Logged

Hi, here is my tale of WOE. perhaps it will help you to tell young people that the adage "you cant win if you do not play" is <snip> right. I played Mega millions occasionally from 1996. In 2014 i got a 3 month subscription for 2 sets of numbers $4 a week. Didn't win anything. So later on in December '14, i tried again. Well that subscription expired on march 2, 2015. (Same results, no $ won). I was really needing some cash and sitting depressed in my motel room, i picked a set of #'s out of my head that had personal meaning (2-9-11-22-23  12) and when i tried to go online to renew my subscription, the internet was out that night so i wrote them in a notepad and then forgot about it. later on in June of 2015, i was checking some cash5 tickets on the VA lottery website, and clicked on a story telling about a guy in Va. had won 4# million on the June 2nd MM drawing, as i read his winning #'s, i thought, jeez, those look familiar. After searching through all of my little notes, i saw them. Talk about F'ing depression setting in, you have no idea. $131 million lost . So please play, and tell young folks to allot an affordable amount each month to buy tickets. Because you CANT win if you DON'T play. i am living proof. Good luck all.  P.S. i am still playing, maybe too much now. LOL!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

That's a very sad story ... most people never get that close to actually see "their" numbers come out ... but it's worse with what happened to you.

I count that as both a lottery hit and a lottery miss ... but some rare people have actually hit jackpots more than once in their lifetime ... you might be a candidate for that award.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2015, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

That does suck not playing certain numbers and having those numbers come out later. I try not to look at old lines against current drawings.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
            Member #143248
            May 29, 2013
            229 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2015, 4:32 am - IP Logged

A story :

One guy keeps playing lottery for very long time but win nothing. One day he went to see a fortune teller:“Can my chosen numbers hit the jackpot tomorrow?" The fortune teller told him:" Of course you can." The fortune teller told him to choose any numbers the player likes and also told him

what to do. The player went into the drug store and bought a set of numbers and went out of the store. He read that set of numbers again and again until

he remembered them . Then he lighted a cigarette and  at the same time lighted that lotto ticket too. The next day, the drawing result showed up, exactly the

numbers that  player choose !