Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ticket corrupt

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rgse90.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
North port
United States
Member #168551
September 6, 2015
35 Posts
Posted: October 24, 2015, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Just to inform everyone how corrupt Fl lotto is I called ft myers office requested info on 100x in my area (north port)after 20 min the lady said one un activated roll is at winn dixie on 41 Tamiami trail .the is only one store in north port so headed there to buy some.I asked the girl if she has any she said no only rack display of tickets 50 x I said I called and they said you have a roll and you didn't return it to lotto office .after arguing with her she went in back of store for 1 min and said no we don't have any .watch and see store manager or someone from north port will be on winners board with million dollar win .can't even buy a ticket without dishonesty. State attorney needs to be informed .

Florida
    United States
    Member #167757
    July 29, 2015
    373 Posts
    Posted: October 24, 2015, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Just to inform everyone how corrupt Fl lotto is I called ft myers office requested info on 100x in my area (north port)after 20 min the lady said one un activated roll is at winn dixie on 41 Tamiami trail .the is only one store in north port so headed there to buy some.I asked the girl if she has any she said no only rack display of tickets 50 x I said I called and they said you have a roll and you didn't return it to lotto office .after arguing with her she went in back of store for 1 min and said no we don't have any .watch and see store manager or someone from north port will be on winners board with million dollar win .can't even buy a ticket without dishonesty. State attorney needs to be informed .

You have two Winn Dixie stores on Tamiami Trail right down the road from one another. Is it possible the lady meant the one at Promenades Mall to the south? The Lottery rep is only going to pull the info for the region, and unless she gave you an exact address / store number, the difference between North Port and Port Charlotte might be pretty irrelevant to her. It'd be worth checking the other store.

Also, there are eight Winn Dixie stores in the general area (each one 3-7 miles apart). I'm not sure how the Lottery feels about such activity, but if a number of them are managed by the same local entity it's not implausible that one store might have traded the 100X book over to another. Books do also shuffle around, get misplaced, get stolen. Someone else could have come in, asked for it, had it activated, and bought the whole book between the time when you called and the time when you got there (with a different clerk present). There's a lot of possible fault beyond just the Lottery.

I'm sure if you email that same office they can send you a list for the whole region.

North port
      United States
      Member #168551
      September 6, 2015
      35 Posts
      Posted: October 24, 2015, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks man.she gave me the address and the cashier said they had not had ticket in long time .I wasn't rude to her just upset .ft myers also said tickets that are returned are either sent other stores or shredded. Thats not cool when I shows 1 million and 5 million still on site and can't belive that many people lost the tickets or thrown them away .got burnt bad on 50x 6 in row with only 10x for 2 bucks .and played 2 multiplier got 20 back .hope Christmas cash is better.ruff finding 200ms.also.wish all on here well .alot of people on here with good background on scratch offs.

ozone park
        United States
        Member #57042
        December 15, 2007
        274 Posts
        Posted: October 26, 2015, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I know that everyone is quick to think the lottery is fixed but I have to tell you that not always is the information correct at the time you are asking. Not only that, most states now are not paying out store owners/employees or families that win until a full investigation is conducted to prove that it is a legitimate win. Lotteries do not want scandals. If this is true they will look at the tapes, they will talk to others and they will even take out full page ad's to ensure that it was sold legitimately. Not everything is a cover-up or a scandal. Sometimes it is just wrong input, or looked in the wrong area etc. 

I went to play a game and the store owner told me that he had scratch off cards from 4 years ago in his drawer he forgot to turn over to lottery. When the game started he put real cards up to display and forgot about them. When he realized he took them down to sell and they were so old they could not be scratched. He was going to send them back but forgot. I told him I will buy them and I did. The game is still in play and has been since 2008 and has one more winner left. Do i accuse him of holding back or conspiracy. No it was an honest mistake. Another example is the machines, the store owners sometimes have to put real cards in the slot to show which card is being sold. It stays there for months sometimes even longer. do I accuse of the store owner of conspiracy no these are honest mistakes. Yes there are people that are dishonest but not all.