Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Since both jackpots have astronomical odds- are you "still" for a ..

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 1 year ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4111 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2015, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Single Winner or are you prepared to go with a two or three way split- you being part of the split of course? Or are you a hard - shelled  lottery player who wants all the marbles for he or herself? Meaning you willing to" wait" for who knows how long as apposed to getting a slice of the pie along with others? 

Have a Great rest of the week People & Stay Healthy while you at it. .Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2015, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't want all the marbles just the beefy shooter.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Canada
      Member #154380
      April 14, 2014
      57 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2015, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

The only way I play when the odds are really huge is in a group. I also wait for the jackpot to be huge.

So huge odds plus huge jackpot means it is a good time to play but only in a group.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
        Happy California
        United States
        Member #157856
        August 2, 2014
        1522 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2015, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

I would be satisfied with one million dollars after taxes. The equals $50,000.00 per year for twenty years.

More than that is just gravy.

I have heard that $75,000.00 a year is the income level that would satisfy most people. Any more than that would not raise their happiness level.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2015, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

The C/V is almost 90MIL.

I'd be happy w/ a 10 way split.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
            Member #106134
            February 13, 2011
            806 Posts
            Posted: November 3, 2015, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I'd want it all of course, but with the current runs we are likely to see concurrent $1,000,000,000+ jackpots which highly increases the odds of multiple winners.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
              Member #169277
              October 10, 2015
              630 Posts
              Posted: November 3, 2015, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I figure that 3 mil after taxes would be enough to retire on, at my age.   I would be super grateful for any amount won.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                4879 Posts
                Posted: November 3, 2015, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I won't even play. Having to deal with all the scammers, con artists, beggars, leaches etc  after your name is publicized isn't worth it. Plus every time there's a big JP, your name will be brought up all over again. I for one, don't need or want to deal with all that BS. I'll take a small JP that nobody cares about.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                  Member #106923
                  February 27, 2011
                  478 Posts
                  Posted: November 3, 2015, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I figure that 3 mil after taxes would be enough to retire on, at my age.   I would be super grateful for any amount won.

Wanting to win enough to carry me through to end, let's see... based on my current age and the current expected life expectancy, I need to win... hmmmm... looks like $87.   Confused

JK!  I'll take it all and be gracious and grateful.  If the powers that be deem me to share I'll be just as appreciative, as well. 

It's okay to be a pig, just don't be a hog!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: November 3, 2015, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Single Winner or are you prepared to go with a two or three way split- you being part of the split of course? Or are you a hard - shelled  lottery player who wants all the marbles for he or herself? Meaning you willing to" wait" for who knows how long as apposed to getting a slice of the pie along with others? 

With MM sales sales of 24,553,569 and PB sales of 16,375,707 in their last drawing and without a huge increase in sales, there is only about a 10% chance of one MM winner. And PB chances are much lower.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4111 Posts
                      Posted: November 3, 2015, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

With MM sales sales of 24,553,569 and PB sales of 16,375,707 in their last drawing and without a huge increase in sales, there is only about a 10% chance of one MM winner. And PB chances are much lower.

Stranger things have happened  Stack- even though you quote a 10% chance of a winner for the MM jackpot, the lottery being random means anything can happen, and in some cases it does. Who would have thought that * Pretty Woman- Julia Roberts would have married Lyle Lovett... See what l mean?

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                        Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1129 Posts
                        Posted: November 4, 2015, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I think I'd really need to see at least half a billy, cash, to sustain my lifestyle through retirement

As far as sharing, no way moselay.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                          East of Columbus, OH
                          United States
                          Member #120843
                          December 28, 2011
                          451 Posts
                          Posted: November 4, 2015, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I always get worried when it gets over $150 million.  As I believe with every 150 million the amount of possible winning tickets goes up.  I'm more that willing to share any jackpot that I win because I'll still have more than I started with in the first place.  That being said, who wouldn't want to win that large of a jp all for themselves?

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            556 Posts
                            Posted: November 4, 2015, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Splitting sounds fine to me.  How can someone guarantee he/she will be a single winner?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2015, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Since I like to pick my own numbers in my own special way, I can't expect someone else to share the cost of playing them.  Since I don't expect anyone to share the cost of playing them I don't expect anyone thinks I should share any winnings I get playing them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking