Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Nearly one year of using freeware data mining software for use in predictions

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 1 year ago by sunsine.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #35335
March 16, 2006
116 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2015, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Google "freeware data mining software".

You will find a plethora of tools to visualize your favorite games past numbers.

I have been analyzing games (especially MM and PB) with these types of software for a little more than a year now.

None of these software have made me rich LOL.

Sigh.

Random, why are you so random?

At least I found a use for some of these tools in my day job.  Win!

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1706 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2015, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

You will find a plethora of tools to visualize your favorite games past numbers.

I have been analyzing games (especially MM and PB) with these types of software for a little more than a year now.

Sigh.

What is data mining software used for ?? What kind of data are you mining for ???

United States
      Member #35335
      March 16, 2006
      116 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2015, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

What is data mining software used for ?? What kind of data are you mining for ???

I'll let you look that up for yourself as it is an expansive subject.  I was mining for discernible patterns in past numbers.  Never found one.  All the output was just as random as the input, which is as it should be.  Had I found a pattern, you'd already know me as the "World's luckiest man has hit the lotto 6 times this year alone!"  Or some other crazy headline like that.

United States
        Member #168877
        September 20, 2015
        43 Posts
        Posted: November 6, 2015, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I'd have to agree with you on this.

I've also have been playing with data mining software, and can't seem to find good results for patterns in chaos. I will tell you however, that there is a better chance of finding patterns visually just by looking at custom reports and creating your own set of numbers, than a neural network giving you a good set of values to play.

But hey, aren't you currently working with a project you mentioned in Ansys? You may have a better chance to perform calculations with that than anything else. You should at least upload a Youtube video of it in action. I'm eager to see it :-p

"Let's not forget that Google not so long ago were able to output Gorgeous images with the help of neural networks by using millions of images(chaos). To my eyes, the results were precious" So how about having a neural network not only trying to find patterns in numbers, but also one whom knows exact calculations of machine speeds, ball orders, etc??? In my subjective opinion, the results would be Amazing.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
          East of Columbus, OH
          United States
          Member #120843
          December 28, 2011
          451 Posts
          Posted: November 6, 2015, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Sigh.

Can you give us a list of the ones that you have been using.  I am not very literate on these types of things.  I have been using a blindfold and darts to pick my numbers. 

Crazy

Okay, that's not what I've been using, but I'd bet my chances would improve over what I'm doing now.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: November 6, 2015, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Sigh.

Mining data is just the beginning, you have to process that data for the good stuff and then design a program or system to use that good stuff to generate combinations to play.  Even then there will be more combinations generated than you are going to want to play, but if the winning combination could have been generated within the parameters your data suggest or was generated and you didn't play it then you'll know you're on to something.

You can't predict random but within a fixed matrix, random can only go so far, you just have to be waiting for it where it goes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Chicago, Il
              United States
              Member #155131
              May 9, 2014
              28 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2015, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Can you keep track of numbers with this? Im so missing the last drawn out numbers for pick 3 that us lotteries had up. That mixed with the calendar are your best tools for pick 3 and pick 4.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #104962
                January 23, 2011
                1075 Posts
                Posted: November 10, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I just installed lotto anaylzing software yesterday.  Keeping track of wisconsin supercash

Trump 2016!

sunsine's avatar - praying hands.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #144291
                  June 30, 2013
                  713 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2015, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I just installed lotto anaylzing software yesterday.  Keeping track of wisconsin supercash

What software did you pick, I havent heard good things about the software. I dont want any bugs ...TIA