Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Even a 10-way split from tonight's Powerball would be great!

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Groppo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
Member #162631
January 7, 2015
502 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2015, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

At $142 million from this evening's Powerball, I'd be seriously happy, if was to win 1/10 of it.
It just has to happen, so I can get out of this fish bowl.  "Well, it's not a fish bowl . .  . . "

Come Sunday, I will begin to play at one of the 8 or so "tax free on big lotto prizes" states.
If I win, I promise to do somebody's family a good deed, if I win at least 1/10 of the jackpot.

Please, just let it happen, 11:00pm tonight.

I need to win, can you understand?  I'll then stop playing that 'number', since I don't believe any jackpot #
has ever repeated.

I play too many numbers.  I can tell at a glance if it's me or not. So far, nada.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2015, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

At $142 million from this evening's Powerball, I'd be seriously happy, if was to win 1/10 of it.
    It just has to happen, so I can get out of this fish bowl.  "Well, it's not a fish bowl . .  . . "

Come Sunday, I will begin to play at one of the 8 or so "tax free on big lotto prizes" states.
    If I win, I promise to do somebody's family a good deed, if I win at least 1/10 of the jackpot.

I need to win, can you understand?  I'll then stop playing that 'number', since I don't believe any jackpot #
    has ever repeated.

I play too many numbers.  I can tell at a glance if it's me or not. So far, nada.

A 10 way-split would be about $5 million after taxes and anyone should be happy with that. For $15 you could play the same combo five times with 5 different bonus numbers using PowerPlay and win at least $10 million even if you missed the bonus number.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2015, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

A 10 way-split would be about $5 million after taxes and anyone should be happy with that. For $15 you could play the same combo five times with 5 different bonus numbers using PowerPlay and win at least $10 million even if you missed the bonus number.

"A 10 way-split would be about $5 million after taxes and anyone should be happy with that."

That's what state lotteries continue thinking but most players continue to play the multi-state lotteries with odds 20x harder with jackpots 10x larger.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2015, 8:29 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19817 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2015, 9:51 am - IP Logged

has ever repeated.

"If I win, I promise to do somebody's family a good deed, if I win at least 1/10 of the jackpot."

You lucked out, that's one promise you won't have to worry about keeping. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #162631
            January 7, 2015
            502 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2015, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Seriously,

Had I won it, someone besides me would be very happy.
            Anyway, continued good fortune to the guy from Tennessee who did win it.

United States
              Member #162631
              January 7, 2015
              502 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2015, 11:55 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Gotcha, will do !