Welcome Guest
You last visited May 22, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Million Machine Malfunction?

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 2 years ago by morgothaod.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
Member #154519
April 19, 2014
264 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2015, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Something weird happened to me today.  I wanted to pick my numbers for the MM.  After I filled out the sheet, the machine said I had too few numbers.  I chose 5 numbers in the top panel and 1 in the bottom panel like you're supposed to do.  The cashier suggested that I make my lines darker, which I did but it still told me I had too few numbers.  So, the cashier decided to enter my numbers in manually.  She had to correct the machine because it said I chose a number that I didn't mark on the sheet (There was no line across that number and I didn't accidentally make my line too long and have it cross over to the number that the machine thought I picked).  When the cashier tried putting in my fifth number, it asked her if I wanted the multiplier and then it wouldn't let her choose a fifth number.  I asked her if she accidentally chose Mega Money but she said no.  Anyways, she asked me if I wanted a QP and I said yes and my numbers printed out.  On my play slip, I did write on the back of it but where I wrote didn't "bleed through" the panel that I played (I wrote near the margin of panel 6 on the back side of the ticket).  Strange...

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1768 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2015, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Something weird happened to me today.  I wanted to pick my numbers for the MM.  After I filled out the sheet, the machine said I had too few numbers.  I chose 5 numbers in the top panel and 1 in the bottom panel like you're supposed to do.  The cashier suggested that I make my lines darker, which I did but it still told me I had too few numbers.  So, the cashier decided to enter my numbers in manually.  She had to correct the machine because it said I chose a number that I didn't mark on the sheet (There was no line across that number and I didn't accidentally make my line too long and have it cross over to the number that the machine thought I picked).  When the cashier tried putting in my fifth number, it asked her if I wanted the multiplier and then it wouldn't let her choose a fifth number.  I asked her if she accidentally chose Mega Money but she said no.  Anyways, she asked me if I wanted a QP and I said yes and my numbers printed out.  On my play slip, I did write on the back of it but where I wrote didn't "bleed through" the panel that I played (I wrote near the margin of panel 6 on the back side of the ticket).  Strange...

Maybe it was a Divine Sign that  your chosen numbers were wrong !!!  Choose  different numbers !!

United States
      Member #154519
      April 19, 2014
      264 Posts
      Posted: November 12, 2015, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

My thoughts exactly.  I HAVE the winning ticket! Party

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
        Greenville, SC
        United States
        Member #169870
        November 4, 2015
        374 Posts
        Posted: November 12, 2015, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Did you get your ticket? Did they put the right numbers on the ticket? I had a cashier screw that up once.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

United States
          Member #154519
          April 19, 2014
          264 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I went back to the store tonight and I was able to play the numbers that I wanted (I just filled another play slip).  I also bought a QP from the ticket vending machine.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3553 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2015, 3:20 am - IP Logged

The problem is that you tried to play the numbers that were scheduled to win on Friday night, but you don't live in the correct state. For some reason the winning numbers were changed before you returned to try again, thus allowing your selection to go through.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Lavender Rocket

United States
              Member #124616
              March 16, 2012
              2642 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2015, 5:03 am - IP Logged

The problem is that you tried to play the numbers that were scheduled to win on Friday night, but you don't live in the correct state. For some reason the winning numbers were changed before you returned to try again, thus allowing your selection to go through.

that would be a scary reality to have happen.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #104962
                January 23, 2011
                1097 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2015, 9:19 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

United States
                  Member #154519
                  April 19, 2014
                  264 Posts
                  Posted: November 13, 2015, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

so the lottery chooses what state the winner will be in? What about multiple winners from different states though? Banana

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                    Member #106923
                    February 27, 2011
                    479 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2015, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

so the lottery chooses what state the winner will be in? What about multiple winners from different states though? Banana

Yes the lottery does.  It is not at all a random selection what state will win.  Multiple winning states is determined by the jackpot amount and what level of favors are owed, and to whom.  However, the time and jackpot amount is determined outside of the wheel house that selects the state.  Just as info, the next state the MM will hit in is South Carolina and it will be a single winning ticket, on November 27, TY.  Oh, and the amount will be $312 million.  Noel

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                      Member #106923
                      February 27, 2011
                      479 Posts
                      Posted: November 13, 2015, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Oh, probably just some computer malfunction... um what was those numbers anyway?  I wouldn't think much about it.  What was those numbers, again.  Probably a good thing you picked up another set.  Oh, about those numbers...

Leaving

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                        Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1875 Posts
                        Posted: November 13, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Did you try a different playslip?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                          Member #154519
                          April 19, 2014
                          264 Posts
                          Posted: November 13, 2015, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

The second time I went into the store,  I didn't hand the cashier the play slip that didn't work.  I just filled another one out and gave it to her.  Why do you think the Mega Millions is rigged? Are you saying that if someone in the winning state had my winning numbers, that now they won't win because I changed those numbers because I chose them from my non winning state?

United States
                            Member #106923
                            February 27, 2011
                            479 Posts
                            Posted: November 14, 2015, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Yes the lottery does.  It is not at all a random selection what state will win.  Multiple winning states is determined by the jackpot amount and what level of favors are owed, and to whom.  However, the time and jackpot amount is determined outside of the wheel house that selects the state.  Just as info, the next state the MM will hit in is South Carolina and it will be a single winning ticket, on November 27, TY.  Oh, and the amount will be $312 million.  Noel

I meant to say the MM will be hit in Ohio and it will be a single winning ticket, on November 13, TY.  The amount will be $200 million.  Naughty

United States
                              Member #154519
                              April 19, 2014
                              264 Posts
                              Posted: November 14, 2015, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I meant to say the MM will be hit in Ohio and it will be a single winning ticket, on November 13, TY.  The amount will be $200 million.  Naughty

I wasn't even close!Thud