Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

RJOh hit Mega Millions jackpot in Ohio

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 1 year ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Washington,Michigan
United States
Member #11416
February 13, 2005
598 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2015, 1:04 am - IP Logged

RJOh hit Mega Millions jackpot in Ohio for $200 millions. That would be nice if she hit.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2015, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I would be very happy for him. He has worked tireslessly on tweaking his system over the years and has made some valuable contrubutions as an LP member.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
      Member #143248
      May 29, 2013
      229 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2015, 1:55 am - IP Logged

RJOh hit Mega Millions jackpot in Ohio for $200 millions. That would be nice if she hit.

Who is RJOh?

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
        Greenville, SC
        United States
        Member #169870
        November 4, 2015
        374 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2015, 3:50 am - IP Logged

It definitely wasn't me and I'm currently in Ohio. I bought 10 lines of Classic lotto for 2 draws. Heading to Wisconsin. I have $2 bucks waiting on me. Congratulations to the big lucky winner!

May the balls bounce in your favor!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2015, 5:59 am - IP Logged

That would be great if RJOh won Smiley Congratulations to the winner/ winners Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2015, 10:12 am - IP Logged

When I checked the MM this morning at USAmega I was happy to read two of the top winners were in Ohio but when I saw the 17 18 in the winning combination I knew I wasn't one of them because 71% of the winning combinations never have a sequential set of numbers so I avoid playing them.

However since I play all 15 mega balls I knew I had at least a $1 winner.  When I play 20 lines which I did last night I also play the five most popular mega balls twice and #9 was in that group and I matched 1+1 twice for $4.

Ohio will be joining Lucky for Life tomorrow so that $4 will buy two tickets for that game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19830 Posts
              Posted: November 14, 2015, 10:52 am - IP Logged

It definitely wasn't me and I'm currently in Ohio. I bought 10 lines of Classic lotto for 2 draws. Heading to Wisconsin. I have $2 bucks waiting on me. Congratulations to the big lucky winner!

Hope you have better luck with OCL than I've had lately.  In 2013 I matched 5of6 for $1500 but haven't done much since.

Evil Looking       

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3706 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2015, 4:08 am - IP Logged

When I checked the MM this morning at USAmega I was happy to read two of the top winners were in Ohio but when I saw the 17 18 in the winning combination I knew I wasn't one of them because 71% of the winning combinations never have a sequential set of numbers so I avoid playing them.

However since I play all 15 mega balls I knew I had at least a $1 winner.  When I play 20 lines which I did last night I also play the five most popular mega balls twice and #9 was in that group and I matched 1+1 twice for $4.

Ohio will be joining Lucky for Life tomorrow so that $4 will buy two tickets for that game.

My guess is that you wrote your own code to discover that 71% of the winning combo's in MM  have never had a sequential set of numbers.

It sure would be nice if there was software commercially available that would allow me to write my own queries to pull information like that out of a database of lottery drawings, but I've never seen anything close to that for sale. 

See, I'm spoiled. While I was working, I used an IBM Program Product (software IBM makes and sells) that allowed me to do just that.  It was called 'SQL' - Structured Query Language, and it ran on a mainframe. But the things I could do with it!  I ran my own customized queries against databases and pulled reports out of them that were given to management.  What a tool.  Hard to match the horsepower of a mainframe with a PC though.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2015, 10:03 am - IP Logged

My guess is that you wrote your own code to discover that 71% of the winning combo's in MM  have never had a sequential set of numbers.

It sure would be nice if there was software commercially available that would allow me to write my own queries to pull information like that out of a database of lottery drawings, but I've never seen anything close to that for sale. 

See, I'm spoiled. While I was working, I used an IBM Program Product (software IBM makes and sells) that allowed me to do just that.  It was called 'SQL' - Structured Query Language, and it ran on a mainframe. But the things I could do with it!  I ran my own customized queries against databases and pulled reports out of them that were given to management.  What a tool.  Hard to match the horsepower of a mainframe with a PC though.  G5

There is still SQL software available for the PC but since MM has only 215 drawings under its new matrix you can use paper and pencil to get the information I have.

Evil Looking       

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34149 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2015, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I hit 4 number's Twice yrs. ago..

2X's in Mega Million I hit 4 number's once in Rolling Cash 5

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: November 16, 2015, 2:07 am - IP Logged

"I knew I wasn't one of them because 71% of the winning combinations never have a sequential set of numbers so I avoid playing them."

That means that 29% of winning combinations do have sequential numbers. How does that 29% compare to the percentage of your tickets that win something?

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                        NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3706 Posts
                        Posted: November 16, 2015, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

There is still SQL software available for the PC but since MM has only 215 drawings under its new matrix you can use paper and pencil to get the information I have.

Naaaaah!  I'm far too lazy not to mention too spoiled to use a pencil and paper.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: November 17, 2015, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Naaaaah!  I'm far too lazy not to mention too spoiled to use a pencil and paper.  G5

That's why they have quick picks.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: November 17, 2015, 10:57 am - IP Logged

"Ohio will be joining Lucky for Life tomorrow so that $4 will buy two tickets for that game."

I think I've found my game, spent that $4 on two tickets and matched 2 for $3.  With overall odds of 1:8, this looks like a good game to play while waiting for PB and MM jackpots to grow.

I also noticed this game isn't on the prediction board even though its results and history are covered in the results section.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2015, 3:32 am - IP Logged

"Ohio will be joining Lucky for Life tomorrow so that $4 will buy two tickets for that game."

I think I've found my game, spent that $4 on two tickets and matched 2 for $3.  With overall odds of 1:8, this looks like a good game to play while waiting for PB and MM jackpots to grow.

I also noticed this game isn't on the prediction board even though its results and history are covered in the results section.

$4 returned $3, we'll see if $10 can do better in the second drawing for Ohio's Lucky for Life.

Evil Looking