Welcome Guest
You last visited December 18, 2017, 9:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finished with IE!

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GoogilyMoogily.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
Texas
United States
Member #150797
December 31, 2013
824 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2015, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Anyone have trouble browsing this site with Internet Explorer? Hiding Behind Computer

I was constantly getting messages like "Only Secure content is displayed" and "A problem with this website has caused IE to close and re-open the tab".  Once in a while I would get "This site does not have a valid security certificate".

Finally, I got tired of it.  Switched to Chrome and I am now surfing LP problem free!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5267 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2015, 8:47 am - IP Logged

TLL:

Have experienced same w/IE but switched browser and that solved problem.     Hurray!    Hyper   Hurray!

If U can't trust LP/who kan U>TRUST

????????????????????????????????????

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2821 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2015, 11:07 am - IP Logged

still running IE 9 with no problems

Texas
        United States
        Member #150797
        December 31, 2013
        824 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2015, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I have Windows 7 and IE 11.  LP is the only site that I have problems with.  Something about this combination causes them to not play well together?

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Texas
          United States
          Member #150797
          December 31, 2013
          824 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2015, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

TLL:

Have experienced same w/IE but switched browser and that solved problem.     Hurray!    Hyper   Hurray!

If U can't trust LP/who kan U>TRUST

????????????????????????????????????

I Agree!

I always just laughed when IE gave me the "This site does not have a valid security certificate" BS.  Can you imagine Todd ignoring something so basic?

~Robert A. Heinlein

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2015, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I prefer IE11 to Edge. I believe that my trouble comes from the installation of other programs that are not from MS. I suspect some ide, browser or and skype.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim
              California
              United States
              Member #164727
              March 12, 2015
              3442 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2015, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I've been using Chrome for the last 3 or so years, maybe more. It's lightning fast compared to IE. 

IE is like using dial-up lol

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                24046 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2015, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I prefer IE11 to Edge. I believe that my trouble comes from the installation of other programs that are not from MS. I suspect some ide, browser or and skype.

I Agree! This is correct.  If you're having problems with IE, it is from something you installed in your browser.  Uninstall or disable all browser toolbars and plugins in IE.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                  Greenville, SC
                  United States
                  Member #169870
                  November 4, 2015
                  374 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2015, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I use Mozilla Firefox.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    4123 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2015, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! This is correct.  If you're having problems with IE, it is from something you installed in your browser.  Uninstall or disable all browser toolbars and plugins in IE.

I suspected as much, I sometimes have the same problems Tialuvslotto describes on my desktop but not my laptop,

both use IE.

Thank you.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                      Jacksonville Florida
                      United States
                      Member #23018
                      October 6, 2005
                      966 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2015, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Anyone have trouble browsing this site with Internet Explorer? Hiding Behind Computer

I was constantly getting messages like "Only Secure content is displayed" and "A problem with this website has caused IE to close and re-open the tab".  Once in a while I would get "This site does not have a valid security certificate".

Finally, I got tired of it.  Switched to Chrome and I am now surfing LP problem free!

As far as the "Only Secure content is displayed" error messages on IE, that occurs because the webpage is trying to display images/ads/banners/elements using both secure (https) and non-secure (http) web server connections. Unless all the content is from secure servers, IE will display this message.

Basically, IE is trying to tell you that even though you are visiting a secure webpage, some of the content is from non-secure servers.

Just ignore that message or you can turn it off ... instructions here -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2625928

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                        Member #52345
                        May 21, 2007
                        2821 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2015, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

As far as the "Only Secure content is displayed" error messages on IE, that occurs because the webpage is trying to display images/ads/banners/elements using both secure (https) and non-secure (http) web server connections. Unless all the content is from secure servers, IE will display this message.

Basically, IE is trying to tell you that even though you are visiting a secure webpage, some of the content is from non-secure servers.

Just ignore that message or you can turn it off ... instructions here -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2625928

thanks 4 the tip Duckman, will try that tomorrow Thumbs Up

I have the same issues but normally I just ignore them

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          24046 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2015, 8:09 am - IP Logged

That's right, but the content that the browser is trying to display unsecured is the spam content injected into pages by toolbars and plugins -- not something from Lottery Post itself.

The reason it may show up on Lottery Post and not on some other websites is because Lottery Post is a 100% secure website.  Every page is SSL encrypted.  (Every web page URL/link begins with "https://")  Not every website is 100% SSL -- in fact, most aren't.

The extra ads and/or content injected into the pages by the toolbar/plugin are not secure, and thus the browser warns you the page is not 100% protected (as it should).

It is very common for people to download some toolbar claiming "FREE LOTTERY RESULTS" or some other "FREE" gag, and then basically take over every web page the user visits by injecting extra advertisements into the page.  That's why you should NEVER install ANY extra toolbar into your web browser.  99% of them are malicious junk.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                            Member #35335
                            March 16, 2006
                            116 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2015, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Todd speaks the I.T. truth.  Whereas IE11 is not as bad as earlier versions, it still is Microsoft.  In IE, go to Tools > Compatibility settings and uncheck all options.  In essence, these options allow IE to do some stuff to the code that runs the website in order to play nicey-nice in the Windows world.  Compatibility is really not required unless your site is old and was designed for, and still is coded for IE6, early ASP.NET, J-Sharp (or whatever that Microsoft version of Javascript is), etc.  Other browsers carry stuff to allow them to deal with old legacy code without making all your other websites being modified.  This compatibility setting can be reset without your knowledge if you visit an older site.  Their new browser "Edge" is simply the worst pile of garbage I have ever seen.  Luckily, you can install other browsers that do not enforce this compatibility mode.  Try Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Apple's Safari.  All are better than IE.  Added bonus to using Firefox and Chrome, better add ons.