Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NYS Scratch off's ex: 1 million a year for life $30 card

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rgse90.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ozone park
United States
Member #57042
December 15, 2007
274 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2015, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I received an email tonight asking about whether the game was pulled. Rumors have it that the last of 6 top prize was sold so lotto pulled the game. I called a friend of mine, who is a retailer, and he said that no notice has come down from lotto saying to stop selling the game. In order for this to be the case the person holding the last remaining ticket would have to actually verify it with lotto before the game will be pulled. Lotto has no control over where and how or anything to do with the scratch offs period. They are made in Canada at a warehouse and are sent directly from the warehouse to the retailers. NYS Lottery has no idea where the winning tickets are sent or where they are or if they are even still out there. There are a number of reasons the last winning ticket may never be claimed. The store went out of business and the open books were destroyed, hurricane Sandy which destroyed os many places could have destroyed the ticket, the person who bought it never realized they were holding a winning ticket and threw it out. 

Having been a big player of this game I will say that we discarded a 50- thousand dollar winner and never realized until it was checked by us for a third time. Had I not had s system in place where we check and recheck the tickets we would have never seen that winner. It does happen. Your eyes play games after scratching for a while. And  because this game is old you cannot scan the ticket to see if it is a winner. So with that said we may never know what happened to the last ticket. 

sam

NY
    United States
    Member #167035
    June 22, 2015
    1340 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2015, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I received an email tonight asking about whether the game was pulled. Rumors have it that the last of 6 top prize was sold so lotto pulled the game. I called a friend of mine, who is a retailer, and he said that no notice has come down from lotto saying to stop selling the game. In order for this to be the case the person holding the last remaining ticket would have to actually verify it with lotto before the game will be pulled. Lotto has no control over where and how or anything to do with the scratch offs period. They are made in Canada at a warehouse and are sent directly from the warehouse to the retailers. NYS Lottery has no idea where the winning tickets are sent or where they are or if they are even still out there. There are a number of reasons the last winning ticket may never be claimed. The store went out of business and the open books were destroyed, hurricane Sandy which destroyed os many places could have destroyed the ticket, the person who bought it never realized they were holding a winning ticket and threw it out. 

Having been a big player of this game I will say that we discarded a 50- thousand dollar winner and never realized until it was checked by us for a third time. Had I not had s system in place where we check and recheck the tickets we would have never seen that winner. It does happen. Your eyes play games after scratching for a while. And  because this game is old you cannot scan the ticket to see if it is a winner. So with that said we may never know what happened to the last ticket. 

sam

well they technically could sell the game through 8/11/16 when the ticket can expire - meanwhile w royal riches where 3 of the 4 top prizes remain unclaimed they ending that game as well

in both cases have heard from retailers that lottery agents came into the stores and collected both the $30 WFL and the royal riches that were unsold

ozone park
      United States
      Member #57042
      December 15, 2007
      274 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2015, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Retailer's that have the $30 card are selling it till they have no more. There are still quite a few stores that have tickets left. I called about 200 and about 50 still were selling the tickets till they are sold out.

ozone park
        United States
        Member #57042
        December 15, 2007
        274 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

And why would lottery pull the tickets if they still have a top prize left. They could make all the money selling them through rather than losing money. it would not make financial sense. And the winner could be in those tickets so no the agents may take extra books and relocate them but not take them and destroy them unless the game is pulled. They have until August to sell it out and I believe they will keep selling till they have a winner or they sell out. It is always possible that the winner is holding the ticket until the 1st of the year for next years tax season. You just never know. 

sam

New York
          United States
          Member #156870
          July 2, 2014
          86 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2015, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Retailer's that have the $30 card are selling it till they have no more. There are still quite a few stores that have tickets left. I called about 200 and about 50 still were selling the tickets till they are sold out.

Where did you get all 200 stores' phone numbers?

Could you help me to find the stores in Brooklyn which still sell $5 Jackpot 777 game and $5 Cadillac and Cash game?

Thank you!

NY
            United States
            Member #167035
            June 22, 2015
            1340 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2015, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

know a couple stores near me that have seen the 777 but am up in westchester - says open on lotto report but is also in the retired games section

ozone park
              United States
              Member #57042
              December 15, 2007
              274 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2015, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

All you have to do is send a request foil and they will give you a list of retailers that sell what you are looking for. They sent me a very extensive list.

United States
                Member #170171
                November 18, 2015
                12 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2015, 9:26 am - IP Logged

I Have not seen any in the queens area for the last month except for one gas station that has a couple left in there vending machine

ozone park
                  United States
                  Member #57042
                  December 15, 2007
                  274 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2015, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

how did you do with those 30 dollar tickets