Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball sucks

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 1 year ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Elkins,WV
United States
Member #3210
January 3, 2004
66 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2015, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Has it occured to anyone how bad Powerball has become fewer winners the Jackpot is still being hit no moster Jackspots so why do they keep changing it to make it impposible to win its not working I am completely changing to Mega Millions only its a better deal.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2015, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

"...fewer winners the Jackpot is still being hit ..."

What?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: November 30, 2015, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I assume they mean fewer million dollar winners.  I agree.  I quit playing Powerball.  Hardly ever play Mega either though.  The lottery sucks lately.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49835 Posts
        Posted: November 30, 2015, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Has it occured to anyone how bad Powerball has become fewer winners the Jackpot is still being hit no moster Jackspots so why do they keep changing it to make it impposible to win its not working I am completely changing to Mega Millions only its a better deal.

Whether to play a particular Game or not is one of decisions one has to make for themselves...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: November 30, 2015, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I quit playing even once in a while after the last matrix change.

Your thread title pretty much says it all !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
            Member #106923
            February 27, 2011
            478 Posts
            Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

The wisdom within the Powerball compound has a misconception about lottery players.  Though they are right in the aspect of ultra high jackpots bringing people out of the woodwork to play, they have ignored how the jackpots get to those levels in the first place.  It is the players who play every drawing, regardless of jackpot amount.  These players are the heart of the system.  Without them the lottery would not survive.  How are they summarized by the lottery?  Obviously as dim witted, uneducated, people who can't even fathom the operations within a lottery.  Let's give them a prize of $4 for hitting the Powerball number only.  Hey, let's keep more money and give them the same prize for hitting the Powerball number and one white number.  Though the odds are dramatically different, they won't realize this, after all, they're lottery players.    The occasional super boost in revenue during large jackpot streaming seems to be the only concerning factor.  Let's have a power play option to add an extra dollar to each ticket price, but let's not apply it to the main tier prize, heck let's not apply it to the second tier prize either, less we will have to pay out and more we can rake in.  They won't realize this, after all, they're lottery players.  What I think they need to realize is the fact of many true lottery players being highly educated and capable of not only odds determination, but also odds manipulation, due to extreme matrix realignments.  These players then switch from being supporting players to just one of the players coming out of the woodwork during high peak jackpot seasons.  When all of the blood leaves the veins there is nothing for the heart to pump, regardless of how big or strong that heart is.  Alas, that once super pumper will cease.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Elkins,WV
              United States
              Member #3210
              January 3, 2004
              66 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Exactly thats why Mega Millions will benefit from the changes

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

States added PB and MM to attract players to their local games which have better odds of winning smaller jackpots and all they get are complaints about the larger jackpots being too hard to win.

Wake up folks, they will continue to get harder to win until they aren't competing with local games.  States prefer to keep all of their sales profits rather than sending 63% of them to a multi-state lottery group.

Ohio just added Lucky for Life to its line-up of games.  The jackpot never change  but stays at $1000 everyday for life or a cash value of $5.5M.  The tickets are $2 with 1:8 overall odds of winning a prize of $3 or better.  I believe this is the model of lottery games in the future, a decent size jackpot and better payouts for the smaller prizes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

BJ    I Agree!

Powerball sucks>>>>>>>>>also Mega Million getting there too, Repugs are to blame for the ECONOMY that sucks too, nobody can get a job now and

when we git all the Repugs outta office GOOD TIME'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will BE HERE AGAIN>>>>>>>>>>>Hyper>>>>>>>>>>>AMEN>>>>>!!!!!

Five hundred million people worldwide have sex every minute of the day statistically speaking and that sucks if you are not part of those stats Puke !!! 

But, and if and we all know their is aLways a "BUT" and if out there somewhere.........we waake up one morning  with a $390 million lottery

winning ticket in our "hot" little sweaty paw'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will that shut up ALL the sucking sounds we hearing on the Post lately???

Remember the quote from one of our great leaders>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Puke>>

"What difference does it make" ????? ANYWAY! 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23277 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                      Member #169277
                      October 10, 2015
                      630 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2015, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

In a way, I'm glad they messed up PB.  I'm spending less and more focused on other games.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2015, 1:24 am - IP Logged

I use to play every draw on both games but now I'm waiting till they hit 100m. It's time for a new game.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                          Greenville, SC
                          United States
                          Member #169870
                          November 4, 2015
                          374 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2015, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I think they will eventually come back down to a $1.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
                            Greenville, SC
                            United States
                            Member #169870
                            November 4, 2015
                            374 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

How about, if you selected the Power play option, we'll cover half your taxes if you hit the jackpot.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #162631
                              January 7, 2015
                              507 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2015, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Sorry sir, but your logic is a little skewed.

You said: " the jackpot is still being hit" and "no monster jackpots",
                              (for me, ANY jackpot would be a monster one)"
                              "so why do they keep changing it to make it impossible . . . "

Well, they change it for the exact reason you stated. To make it more impossible to win it.
                              So, in fact IT IS WORKING!   (for them maybe, not for your or me).
                              But also, there are actually MORE winners. Not less.Maybe they're trying to avoid what's happened in Illinois, with them not being able to pay winners, until just recently.
                              But, if you're right and "it's not working", then too bad for them.

Yes, it's not working for them, because there are evidently
                              more smaller-prize winners.  Maybe they were trying to keep the prize from getting too large.

But heck, if you win, all the better for you.