Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Selling Pick 3 Lottery System in Retail Stores

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 12 months ago by Mrs. Lotto-nc.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
chicago
United States
Member #34162
February 28, 2006
315 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2015, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Hi all. I am planning to create my own pick 3 system, and once i finish making copies of my books, i want to go to every retail store ( the ones that sell lottery ) and talk to the owners, so they can sell my system, which can be next to the lottery machine. My question is : is this legal for me to sell pick 3 system in places where you can play lottery?

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7302 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2015, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Hi all. I am planning to create my own pick 3 system, and once i finish making copies of my books, i want to go to every retail store ( the ones that sell lottery ) and talk to the owners, so they can sell my system, which can be next to the lottery machine. My question is : is this legal for me to sell pick 3 system in places where you can play lottery?

I can't see why it would be illegal with the owners permission.

bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
      chicago
      United States
      Member #34162
      February 28, 2006
      315 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2015, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for answer. I was wondering, because i have never seen lottery system like pick 3 or 4,  in places where you can play lottery.

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
        NC
        United States
        Member #164399
        February 28, 2015
        1926 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2015, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Just sell online....less hassle....and if you do the E version....less printing...

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2015, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for answer. I was wondering, because i have never seen lottery system like pick 3 or 4,  in places where you can play lottery.

Some stores sell dream books and other lottery related stuff including systems, but it's easier using the Internet. You probably won't sell enough books to make a profit unless your system is a must buy at a reasonable price.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2015, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Lotto World Magazine found it almost impossible to get rack space and they were a professional publication.  Chain stores didn't want anything to do with "gambling" and the mom and pop stores were not enough.

Register space is the most valuable location, what goes there should be impulse buy items.  There are plenty of lottery items you don't see in stores.  I can't imagine the hassle it would be to scout out every mom and pop store lucky enough to have a lottery terminal and the fun of selling them a dozen copies of my book for resale and then going back to see if they want to buy another dozen. 

Not to mention setting the whole thing up as a business in order to legally do business.  Paying for cover art, printing, etc. 

So much easier to sell online.  If it's a system, ebay.  Used to be Clickbank, they dropped all lottery systems, kept other gambling systems, go figure.  If it is a real book, Amazon print on demand or kindle it.  You can also setup a website and sell hard or e-copies through PayPal.

Don't promise what you can't deliver.  Deliver more then you promise.

Have to work around the question, Why sell a winning system instead of using it yourself. 

BobP

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2015, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Our local Barnes & Noble does not have any lottery books at all. Other gambling, especially poker, yeah, but nothing at all on lotteries.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                Member #106923
                February 27, 2011
                476 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2015, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Lotto World Magazine found it almost impossible to get rack space and they were a professional publication.  Chain stores didn't want anything to do with "gambling" and the mom and pop stores were not enough.

Register space is the most valuable location, what goes there should be impulse buy items.  There are plenty of lottery items you don't see in stores.  I can't imagine the hassle it would be to scout out every mom and pop store lucky enough to have a lottery terminal and the fun of selling them a dozen copies of my book for resale and then going back to see if they want to buy another dozen. 

Not to mention setting the whole thing up as a business in order to legally do business.  Paying for cover art, printing, etc. 

So much easier to sell online.  If it's a system, ebay.  Used to be Clickbank, they dropped all lottery systems, kept other gambling systems, go figure.  If it is a real book, Amazon print on demand or kindle it.  You can also setup a website and sell hard or e-copies through PayPal.

Don't promise what you can't deliver.  Deliver more then you promise.

Have to work around the question, Why sell a winning system instead of using it yourself. 

BobP

You hit the nail on the head Bob!  One must ask themselves that very question when purchasing any winning system.  And, with all the "winning systems" out there, it would seem the lotteries would have to shut down their operations because of all the payouts.

I Agree!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3474 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2015, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

"Why sell a winning system instead of using it yourself."

Seems to me that inevitably leads to the question of why anybody would buy somebody else's "system".

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #77167
                    July 15, 2009
                    554 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2015, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

So you don't have a system yet?--you are going to create one.  How many wins would you consider for it be marketable? 

Good luck to you.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Mrs. Lotto-nc's avatar - us2016

United States
                      Member #156276
                      June 13, 2014
                      2629 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2015, 9:29 am - IP Logged

We have our pick 3 system selling in about 11 or 12 stores!!!!!! We also do mail and email delivery upon receipt of payment.

I Agree!I'm good at what I do, my good luck can be yours too!!!

All time favorites:

916/514/123

5050/9901/2121/3232 

South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #18322
                        July 9, 2005
                        1704 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2015, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

We have our pick 3 system selling in about 11 or 12 stores!!!!!! We also do mail and email delivery upon receipt of payment.

Tell us about your Pick 3 system please.  Have you won anything with it regularly, or, are you just selling it locally ??  How much does it cost ?? Do you sell it online, on your own website ?? If so, what is the name of the system, so that we can Google it ??

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                          Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2015, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I found a book about gambling, written by scientists, in the  city library. It came with a cd-rom and a program that simulated roulette. That roulette was probably programmed to make you loose no matter what you bet. The book did not miss mathematics of roulette, blackjack and poker. They probably took the book out of the racks or somebody stole it. The last thing seems to be normal these days. Good books in the library?

Not one book about the lottery or gambling these days! All good books are mostly out.

I never heard about any system sold in a bookstore or newspaper shop. The lottery offers full system forms and key numbers forms.

Why would one write a book about roulette and not one about the lotto games? I think that the reason is that the lotto games come in different dimensions while the French roulette has just one dimension. A roulette player knows neighbours, series and groups, as that is the whole game. A good player knows how to place chips properly and respects the house rules. (...)

My comment about cards is, when you don't get the good cards, you cannot win. Try to bluff at roulette, you can't! :)

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            554 Posts
                            Posted: December 6, 2015, 6:27 am - IP Logged

I found a book about gambling, written by scientists, in the  city library. It came with a cd-rom and a program that simulated roulette. That roulette was probably programmed to make you loose no matter what you bet. The book did not miss mathematics of roulette, blackjack and poker. They probably took the book out of the racks or somebody stole it. The last thing seems to be normal these days. Good books in the library?

Not one book about the lottery or gambling these days! All good books are mostly out.

I never heard about any system sold in a bookstore or newspaper shop. The lottery offers full system forms and key numbers forms.

Why would one write a book about roulette and not one about the lotto games? I think that the reason is that the lotto games come in different dimensions while the French roulette has just one dimension. A roulette player knows neighbours, series and groups, as that is the whole game. A good player knows how to place chips properly and respects the house rules. (...)

My comment about cards is, when you don't get the good cards, you cannot win. Try to bluff at roulette, you can't! :)

Try Amazon.  I bought Lotto-How to Play and Win by Robert Serotic from there.  It's for Pick 6 games.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10348 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2015, 10:17 am - IP Logged

destinycreation,

There's a link on jewzee35's profile to a website, I think what they're selling is a monthly dream book.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.