Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are lottery games?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 months ago by cbr$.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Lottery games are ...

a waste of time [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
a waste of money [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
a tax for dumb people [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
a kind of soduko that eventually pays [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
some habit you got by someone who pushed you to .. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
a subject of discussion [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
a huge sure chance to get rich quick [ 4 ]  [23.53%]
other [ 8 ]  [47.06%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2015, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

What are lottery games to people?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49615 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2015, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

It's where trying to change destiny meets determination to change it!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
      Member #106923
      February 27, 2011
      474 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

What are lottery games to people?

To me lottery games are a form of entertainment, just as going to the movies, going to a concert, and going out to a nice restaurant.  One side difference is a remote chance to win some money in the process.  Also, to an extent, lottery games are a hobby.  Some people spend money to bowl, some spend money on fishing equipment, some spend money on monster truck builds, and others spend money on lottery games.  All ways to spend idle time doing something enjoyable to themselves.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        930 Posts
        Posted: December 7, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I agree realtorjim.  I enjoy the movies Lurkingand sometimes while out I get a lottery ticket(s) on the slim chance to win and change my life.  It really is nothing but a wish, dream, hope but I spend my few $$ for just that chance.

Good Luck to us all on our DREAMS.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2015, 7:50 am - IP Logged

A lottery ticket is a chance to dream of better things until the draw.  BobP

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3685 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2015, 8:12 am - IP Logged

To me lottery games are a form of entertainment, just as going to the movies, going to a concert, and going out to a nice restaurant.  One side difference is a remote chance to win some money in the process.  Also, to an extent, lottery games are a hobby.  Some people spend money to bowl, some spend money on fishing equipment, some spend money on monster truck builds, and others spend money on lottery games.  All ways to spend idle time doing something enjoyable to themselves.

You and I are cut from the same cloth Jim. 

I've always thought of playing the lottery as a hobby and entertainment first, and oh yeah!  I might win a few bucks, but probably not.

I think of it as a hobby mostly because I track the numbers with some spreadsheets I created.  I find the behavior of the numbers absolutely fascinating.  I probably got way too deep into it, but I did learn an awful lot, and to me learning something new is always a good thing. 

Don t get me wrong, math was never my best subject, but I learned how the odds are calculated for just about any online game.  If you ask most regular players how the odds for their favorite game are calculated (I've done it) you'll soon see that they've absolutely no idea!  And it isn't hard to calculate them, ya just gotta know how to do it. The looks on people's faces when you show them how it's done are priceless!  G5     

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

cbr$'s avatar - maren
              Cordova,Al.
              United States
              Member #104482
              January 15, 2011
              4857 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2015, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Lottery games are entertainment & sometime win.