Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch Off Game Cards

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 12 months ago by thisisdanzo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Texas
United States
Member #170634
December 9, 2015
1 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2015, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Hello:

I was wondering....

Is there a kind of rotation where the state sends out new scratch off cards?  I've heard that you never want to play any scratch off's at the end of a series of cards, only the first half of the series will have the "big" winners, the rest are just printed to sell and make money. 

I don't know if that is true, but if it is.....when will the new rotations/series of scratch off cards come out in 2016?

Thanks

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2015, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

My state has a policy of ending a scratch game once all the top prizes are gone.  So they have a good reason to make sure a top prize is available late in the game. I've heard of some players that wait until a game is 95% sold with a top prize remaining before they start looking for that win.

My personal experience is that scratch games suck and I never win.  No matter what.

YMMV

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2015, 6:48 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United States
        Member #167671
        July 25, 2015
        2 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2015, 3:40 am - IP Logged

In general, the big prizes seem to be spread out over the course of the game's lifetime. That said, depending on the state, you can see if the top prize winners are outpacing ticket sales, or if it's the other way around. If a larger percentage of the low prizes have been claimed than the percentage of the high prizes claimed, your odds are better than usual for winning a top prize.