Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who has the most tragic lottery story?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 12 months ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Who has the most tragic lottery story?

Urooj Khan [ 6 ]  [17.65%]
Amanda Clayton [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
William "Bud" Post [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
David Lee Edwards [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Abraham Shakespeare [ 18 ]  [52.94%]
Jack Whittaker [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Other [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
travelintrucker's avatar - morph
Greenville, SC
United States
Member #169870
November 4, 2015
374 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2015, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I think most of these stories come about because of lack of counseling. Let's face it, a lot people that win or you hear interviewed on TV when the jackpot amount gets really high, don't talk about investing and leaving a legacy for their familes. They mostly talk about spending on this and that. I plan to continue my investment education after my big win.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2015, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

What about the chick who was a nurse who won ended up a meth  head and got into a horrible car accident where one of her friends was ripped in half. I want to say her name was Victoria Zell or something, I know the last name was Zell

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1248 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2015, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Interesting topic trucker...Almost makes me glad I didn't win.  Yet.

Never give up.  Banana

Greenville, SC
        United States
        Member #169870
        November 4, 2015
        374 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2015, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

You're talking about Victoria Zell. She's out of prison. But hasn't been in the news.

Greenville, SC
          United States
          Member #169870
          November 4, 2015
          374 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2015, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Well, I hope that these topics get people thinking about ways to protect themselves. Especially people whom aren't regulars on LP. Lots of people who win want to do great things for their families, friends, etc. Hopefully, these topics will get them planning ahead.

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
            Member #167255
            July 2, 2015
            102 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2015, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

I voted Abraham Shakespeare because he was murdered for his winnings. - Can't get anymore tragic than that!

I didn't vote for the poor soul who was poisoned because he never actually got to experience what it is like to be a big, lottery winner.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40609 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2015, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I voted for Urooj, cyanide is a terrible way to die.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3985 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2015, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I voted other, what is tragic is focusing on a hand full of horror stories while thousands of people have

bettered their life with a win.   So what if a person dies broke, you can't take it with you.  As far as those

who were not able to say no all I have to say is if you hope to win someday, start practicing in front of a

mirror now and never feel you have to give a reason.   Some will think you cold and or cruel but so be it.

A friend who ask for money is not a true friend,  true friends won't need to ask.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1186 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

What about the chick who was a nurse who won ended up a meth  head and got into a horrible car accident where one of her friends was ripped in half. I want to say her name was Victoria Zell or something, I know the last name was Zell

It was Victoria Zell, but I don't feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for her friend who died so horribly and the other friend who had her back broken in that same accident. 

I also don't feel sorry for her because she knew what she was doing and she opted to do it. She's educated enough to know better. Nothing makes you a safer driver than working in a hospital and seeing accident victims brought in. It's bad enough that she chose to get high. It's much worse that she instigated "who can drive the craziest" on a busy road in the middle of the day. What kind of amoral monster puts the blame on their friend who was severed in half??? She never apologized and she never took the blame. She gets no pity from me.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2015, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

Interesting topic trucker...Almost makes me glad I didn't win.  Yet.

Almost makes one think they should put disclaimers on all lottery tickets; "Caution, winning the lottery may be hazardous to your mental and/or physical health".