Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are we at the mercy of the store owners and cheating clerks when it comes to scratch of tickets ?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 months ago by Coal Thumb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
addai1516's avatar - lib
Newyork City NY / westland michigan
United States
Member #93153
June 23, 2010
4087 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2015, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

So this former employee was talking about this neighborhood liquor store who scan the all the the scratch off tickets for winning tickets and keep them and leave the loosing tickets for lottrey players to buy.. i dont buy scratch offs do you ? May be  i ineed to buy my scratch of from meijers or 7 eleven ??

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

Canada
    Member #170667
    December 11, 2015
    9 Posts
    Posted: December 26, 2015, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

When you buy it just check and make sure the scan code isn't scratched off already.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: December 26, 2015, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

So this former employee was talking about this neighborhood liquor store who scan the all the the scratch off tickets for winning tickets and keep them and leave the loosing tickets for lottrey players to buy.. i dont buy scratch offs do you ? May be  i ineed to buy my scratch of from meijers or 7 eleven ??

Maybe, just maybe- this former employee was canned for doing that exact thing he/ she was describing to you.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
        Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4874 Posts
        Posted: December 26, 2015, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Maybe, just maybe- this former employee was canned for doing that exact thing he/ she was describing to you.

That's what I was thinking. He is "former" for some reason.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
          Member #106923
          February 27, 2011
          478 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I have been to a few places where there has been only one scratch off ticket in each of the ticket dispensers.  Logic says such an occurrence through sales is highly improbable.  Obviously I do not buy at these places, but I do report such incidents to the lottery!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
            Member #142499
            May 13, 2013
            1183 Posts
            Posted: December 26, 2015, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Is there a reason neither you nor this former employee reported it to the lottery? 

You cannot be up in arms about a lottery seller doing something probably illegal and definitely unethical and not do anything about it. It puts you and your friend on the same level as this scammer. We aren't just at the mercy of amoral lottery sellers. We're also at the mercy of those who see or know about these activities and do nothing. It costs nothing to make an anonymous report to the lottery office but a few minutes of your time.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
              Greenville, SC
              United States
              Member #169870
              November 4, 2015
              374 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2015, 6:15 am - IP Logged

If I saw that the bar code had already been scratched, I'd take it back for a refund. I think it says to do that, if that's the case.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                Member #71120
                February 19, 2009
                1209 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2015, 6:54 am - IP Logged

My sister said ,she lives in     ALABAMA   that there is a store in her city that sells scratch off tickets....I ask her what state is selling them she sais I dont know I just see people scratching them,,,,is it Georgia,Tennessee,Florida????? ahhhh Alabama dont have the lottery.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23267 Posts
                  Posted: December 27, 2015, 8:31 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

addai1516's avatar - lib
                    Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                    United States
                    Member #93153
                    June 23, 2010
                    4087 Posts
                    Posted: December 30, 2015, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

My sister said ,she lives in     ALABAMA   that there is a store in her city that sells scratch off tickets....I ask her what state is selling them she sais I dont know I just see people scratching them,,,,is it Georgia,Tennessee,Florida????? ahhhh Alabama dont have the lottery.

never won off scratch of b 4 lol

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
                      Philadelphia, PA
                      United States
                      Member #153774
                      March 24, 2014
                      881 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2016, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Funny how this topic is brought up.  IN NJ I think it did happen.

Coal Thumb's avatar - Lottery-052.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #169635
                        October 25, 2015
                        80 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2016, 8:51 am - IP Logged

oddly enough I have the best luck in the machine. Gas stations tend to be too shady for me. They always want to scam me somehow. The classic is grabbing a more expensive ticket than I asked for.

2 - super scunion | 1 - quad scunion | few - triple scunion | 1 - super funion | some - double scunion | 1 - triple funion | lost count - scunion/funion

$1 - FTY | $2 - HUN | $3 - ZSA | $5/ $10 - FVH | $20 - UKA (playbook - HUN) | $25 - OQA | $30 ???