Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever won anything on a mistake ticket?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 1 year ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever won anything on a mistake ticket?

Yes [ 16 ]  [50.00%]
No [ 15 ]  [46.88%]
I only play quick picks [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 32 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
travelintrucker's avatar - morph
Greenville, SC
United States
Member #169870
November 4, 2015
374 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2015, 6:09 am - IP Logged

I've been changing out numbers for MM and PB. I was in Florida a little while ago, and bought a few lines of both MM and PB. My play slips did not have Megaplier, nor Power Play marked on them. However, the store clerk took it upon himself to put them on both of my tickets. Yes, I was pissed that I had to pay more than I wanted to for the ticket. I couldn't let someone else buy it. After all, I could a million or five. I got the tickets for two draws. Didn't win anything on my MM ticket. On the 2nd drawing of PB, (last night) I matched 3 white balls. I was like cool, I won $7 bucks. Then, I looked down and remembered that the clerk put PP on the ticket. So, with the x2 PP, I won $14 on a $12 ticket! If you've won anything on a mistake ticket, tell us your story. If you know of someone that won on a mistake ticket, tell us the story.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    822 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2015, 7:13 am - IP Logged

No, but I always keep them!  What if they were the winners and I had returned the ticket!?! Dead

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      42114 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2015, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Once I told the clerk to wheel 229, he gave me 299, I kept both tickets and 299 fell. 500 for his mistake.

HyperBe Happy.

Greenville, SC
        United States
        Member #169870
        November 4, 2015
        374 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2015, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Sweet!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
          Member #164603
          March 8, 2015
          645 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2015, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Never had a mistake ticket.

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
            Augusta, Georgia
            United States
            Member #127854
            May 10, 2012
            81 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2015, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Sweet!

I won cash 3 by mistake about 10 years ago. I was playing the evening draw on a saturday but checked midday instead. Back then, there were no midday draws on Sunday so the ticket was valid for the Monday midday draw and I didn't even realize I had made that mistake. I was disappointed because the number I played did not come that evening. And when the number DID come, I was like oh geez I played that the other night! Fortunately I had not thrown away my tickets. When I got the ticket out to show my mom I had played it, she said this is for today! I won $500. It was meant for me, I guess.

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
              Member #142499
              May 13, 2013
              1203 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2015, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I've been changing out numbers for MM and PB. I was in Florida a little while ago, and bought a few lines of both MM and PB. My play slips did not have Megaplier, nor Power Play marked on them. However, the store clerk took it upon himself to put them on both of my tickets. Yes, I was pissed that I had to pay more than I wanted to for the ticket. I couldn't let someone else buy it. After all, I could a million or five. I got the tickets for two draws. Didn't win anything on my MM ticket. On the 2nd drawing of PB, (last night) I matched 3 white balls. I was like cool, I won $7 bucks. Then, I looked down and remembered that the clerk put PP on the ticket. So, with the x2 PP, I won $14 on a $12 ticket! If you've won anything on a mistake ticket, tell us your story. If you know of someone that won on a mistake ticket, tell us the story.

Unfortunately not. I've won more than I expected on a couple of occasions, but no mistaken ticket has ever hit for me. 

Around the last time the PB was at a high JP, I stopped at a gas station and bought some tickets and heard the cashiers talking about what to do about two tickets someone had left because they weren't the right numbers, so I told them I'd take those mistake tickets as well as mine. Nothing hit on either set but I was okay with that. I knew I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I'd left them and then found out they were winners. May sound crazy but I figured $4 was a good price for peace of mind.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                Pittsburg, Ks
                United States
                Member #3382
                January 17, 2004
                83182 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2015, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately not. I've won more than I expected on a couple of occasions, but no mistaken ticket has ever hit for me. 

Around the last time the PB was at a high JP, I stopped at a gas station and bought some tickets and heard the cashiers talking about what to do about two tickets someone had left because they weren't the right numbers, so I told them I'd take those mistake tickets as well as mine. Nothing hit on either set but I was okay with that. I knew I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I'd left them and then found out they were winners. May sound crazy but I figured $4 was a good price for peace of mind.

I, too, have bought mistake tickets the clerks made. No winners there. I went to the store Thursday and was going to buy a qp. The clerk made a mistake making the ticket cost double $7 instead of $3.50. I told her about it then she got help from another clerk. When i saw the ticket had exact on it I was going to take it back and get it boxed then change my mind (still doesn't work any better) and walked out wit my str8. Playing the 874 for 7 days. Still have tonight up till Dec 30

God Bless America

US Flag

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #162434
                  January 2, 2015
                  941 Posts
                  Posted: December 27, 2015, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Yes I have won on mistakes and its AWESOME when it happens.  Often I don't know of the mistake until I am checking my numbers after a draw has come out. 

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                    Member #142499
                    May 13, 2013
                    1203 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2015, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I, too, have bought mistake tickets the clerks made. No winners there. I went to the store Thursday and was going to buy a qp. The clerk made a mistake making the ticket cost double $7 instead of $3.50. I told her about it then she got help from another clerk. When i saw the ticket had exact on it I was going to take it back and get it boxed then change my mind (still doesn't work any better) and walked out wit my str8. Playing the 874 for 7 days. Still have tonight up till Dec 30

Well then, between tonight and the 30th I wish you good luck.Banana

Statistically I know those tickets have no better chance of winning, but it's easier for me to swallow my own tickets not winning than to know I passed up the chance of winning. There's a person that used to work with the Nebraska 8, and every day whines about not handing in the $5 to the pool. I don't ever want to know that feeling. I don't ever want to know I intentionally missed out on my big break.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Greenville, SC
                      United States
                      Member #169870
                      November 4, 2015
                      374 Posts
                      Posted: December 27, 2015, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Great story! And a good reason NOT to throw out your tickets.

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                        Cordova,Al.
                        United States
                        Member #104482
                        January 15, 2011
                        5425 Posts
                        Posted: December 27, 2015, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I went to buy some quick picks cash 5 game once. The clerk had a few tickets that people said were mistakes. It was a twice a day draw game. I buy all five one of the morning draw ticket give me a 3 out of 5 winner. The evening mistake ticket was the best a 4 of 5 ticket. I feel it was meant for me. So yes, I will buy mistake tickets if asked.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7344 Posts
                          Posted: December 27, 2015, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I went to buy some quick picks cash 5 game once. The clerk had a few tickets that people said were mistakes. It was a twice a day draw game. I buy all five one of the morning draw ticket give me a 3 out of 5 winner. The evening mistake ticket was the best a 4 of 5 ticket. I feel it was meant for me. So yes, I will buy mistake tickets if asked.

But what if the mistake cost over $60 and you planned on spending $5?

Happened to me buying MM tickets when the clerk didn't clear the terminal and the tickets could not be voided. In most states and in most stores clerks won't exchange MM or PB tickets because they can't be voided, but some of the higher volume stores will. That being said, I'll buy mistakes too depending on how many.

dannyboyhouston's avatar - lottery scratch_off_light_shirt-p235645499971128473gyb4_400.jpg
                            houston texas
                            United States
                            Member #130267
                            July 10, 2012
                            6300 Posts
                            Posted: December 28, 2015, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I worked at a convenience store once and a guy wanted a ticket, then changed his mind after I had already pulled it off the roll, so I put it back up there and when he left, I purchased the ticket and it won me $50 bucks on a $2 ticket. I have won on other mistake tickets, nothing to write home about.

If you want to catch many hits, cast a wide net.

If you are not getting any hits, then take your hook out of the water.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                              Member #106923
                              February 27, 2011
                              479 Posts
                              Posted: December 28, 2015, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

On my way back from getting one of those precious Florida Raffle tickets I stopped at a Georgia convenience/station.  I had a drink and snack and was at the register.  I also asked for a powerball ticket.  She was about to run it when I noticed the corner of a ticket which was stuffed, upside down, under the lottery terminal.  I asked if it was a ticket for sale.  "Yes it, but it is for three numbers which is $6, and you said you only wanted one ticket, which is $2".  She pulled it out, I examined the date (learned the hard way there), it is for the next powerball drawing, the big 3 -0- 0 mill.  I couldn't scoop it up fast enough, and was thanked for doing so.  It is one of those places where the clerks are responsible for paying for mistake tickets.  I hope I can say, "Why yes, yes I did win with a mistake ticket.  $300 million as a matter of fact.  Thanks for asking!"

Disney

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!