Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wouldn't every state lottery be better than the PB and MM?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 1 year ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #153774
March 24, 2014
1189 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2016, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Someone told me that if the states and all of them did a lottery differently than the PB and MM more people would hit and depending on taxes. 

I actually agree with that in terms to instead of a national lottery but state by state.  Although I know for a fact the lotteries make their money. 

For the more experts and members on this site has anyone tried on their phones or through internet as far as playing or is it just make sense to just play on paper and at those machines?

United States
    Member #169365
    October 13, 2015
    135 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2016, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Do you actually read what you post before clicking the button?  I really can't understand what you're asking or point you're trying to make.

I like pie.

There's only a handful of states that don't participate in MM/PB, so they're basically national lotteries.

As far as your final thought, there's a 'Camelot' poll post in the 'Lottery Discussion' sub-forum that covers it.

United States
      Member #169365
      October 13, 2015
      135 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2016, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I think I have a better grasp on what you're trying to ask.  You're asking for a national lottery format that does not rely on existing state lottery terminals.

Kind of like all the 'Fantasy Sports Betting' sites.  My favorite ad is the one where kid states he "only paid in a hundred bucks and already won over a million dollars".  As his eyes are twitching like he's having an epileptic convulsion.  Seems legit.

The answer is NO.  The only reason I play state lotteries is because there are State Lottery Commissions that somewhat uphold the integrity of the game.  If they thought a Federal Lottery Commission (read Government) would be trusted, it would have already been implemented.

The reasons some states don't allow MM/PB is that they're either too moral or want to stifle state/city gambling competition.

Sorry for being a little abrasive, but just go back and read what you type and see it if it makes clear sense.  There are obvious word choices and punctuation that would allow people to understand what you're asking without having to decipher it.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
        Philadelphia, PA
        United States
        Member #153774
        March 24, 2014
        1189 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2016, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about that.  That's how I was raised.  But can understand.  The lotteries have mobile options too.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2016, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Do you actually read what you post before clicking the button?  I really can't understand what you're asking or point you're trying to make.

I like pie.

There's only a handful of states that don't participate in MM/PB, so they're basically national lotteries.

As far as your final thought, there's a 'Camelot' poll post in the 'Lottery Discussion' sub-forum that covers it.

I LOVE pie!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
            Member #93164
            June 23, 2010
            1433 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2016, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Somebody from California won a California Super Lotto Plus Jackpot worth $7 million dollars on the last draw of 2015. The winning numbers were 3-4-6-25-26 Mega Number 22.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6305 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2016, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Not every state has a jackpot game.

I Love Pink & Green 1908