Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Confused Signing Your Name on Powerball Ticket Yet You Can Be Anonymous By Forming a Trust?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 months ago by BrunoDog4.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #171587
January 10, 2016
19 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Hopefully someone can help me on this matter as forming a Trust to Remain Anonymous to claim a Powerball Jackpot for which you should sign your name in the back of the ticket for protection seems a total contradiction in terms. I didn't find anything on the Internet that reconciled this. I live in California and if I ever won the Jackpot I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone to know if I've won. I read that you can form a trust and have your identity hidden. But how can your identity be hidden if  your name is signed on the back of the ticket and entered into the Powerball Public Record? I wouldn't take a chance in not signing the back. Can someone clarify this for me? Can one just sign your first and last name initials with your surname on the ticket, albeit I have no ID that's not in my full name. Thank You for your input.

nassau
    Bahamas
    Member #1695
    June 17, 2003
    18 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:37 am - IP Logged

good question. I'd like to know as well.

United States
      Member #164725
      March 12, 2015
      341 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Regardless if you form a trust or not, under Calif law, your name and hometown will be public record. You do not have to give them a photo or interview or any other info. 

I read where one couple in SoCal had their atty drive them to NorCal where they claimed the prize at some small city and then drive them to the airport where they flew to Hawaii for a month or more. Not sure if you have to pick up the check or not in person. But if you do, you hire body guards.

United States
        Member #171587
        January 10, 2016
        19 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:51 am - IP Logged

Thank You