Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega million matrix change prediction?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 months ago by ArizonaDream.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

When you expect to see mega million change their matrix

Early Summer 2016 [ 1 ]  [20.00%]
Summer 2016 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Fall 2016 [ 3 ]  [60.00%]
Winter 2016 [ 1 ]  [20.00%]
2017 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 5 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #149995
December 14, 2013
47 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I am going expect mega million have no choice to change their matrix again. Since powerball smashed mega million record. The odd it going be 1 in 400 million. Same cost 1 dollars?

White ball 1-100

red ball 1-75

Do you think mega million respond back by reclaim their old record?

NY
    United States
    Member #167035
    June 22, 2015
    1340 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

hmm 90 white balls and 10 red balls - odds of a measly 439.5 million to 1

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
      Greenville, SC
      United States
      Member #169870
      November 4, 2015
      374 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

I hope they don't change the matrix at all.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

United States
        Member #149995
        December 14, 2013
        47 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2016, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

How do you find out the odd number?

Can you find the odd with 100 white ball and 75 redball? If they go this route?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

I think it would be a mistake to change MM to be the same as PB.  There are all different kinds of people in this country with different lottery wants.  Why not make MM into something for a different group to be excited over? 

I think MM should change to 50 white balls and 75 red balls.  That will make for more million dollar winners which will appease those who think billion dollar winners are "greedy."  And it will still allow the jackpot to go high enough that some of us "greedy" people would still put money towards the MM once the pot got high enough, thus funding the increased number of million dollar winners.

United States
            Member #149995
            December 14, 2013
            47 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2016, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I think it would be a mistake to change MM to be the same as PB.  There are all different kinds of people in this country with different lottery wants.  Why not make MM into something for a different group to be excited over? 

I think MM should change to 50 white balls and 75 red balls.  That will make for more million dollar winners which will appease those who think billion dollar winners are "greedy."  And it will still allow the jackpot to go high enough that some of us "greedy" people would still put money towards the MM once the pot got high enough, thus funding the increased number of million dollar winners.

Mega Million have no choice to make a change their maxtrix again.  They haven't change their game almost 18 month.  They haven't create a bigger jackpot since March 2014.

Mega Million is getting jealous right now due Powerball fever.

Ignatius's avatar - 437 1832-large.jpg
              Springfield, IL
              United States
              Member #127541
              May 3, 2012
              12 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2016, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

hmm 90 white balls and 10 red balls - odds of a measly 439.5 million to 1

I would much rather see fewer red balls and larger non-jackpot prizes. If you have 10 red balls and the tickets remain $1 with $1 megaplier you could spend $20 filling out slips to get all red ball numbers. Guaranteed at least one win.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1953 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2016, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I think the next matrix change will be something like Pick 5/75 + 1/34, or thereabout. Still a $1 price, but now the odds are 1 in 586 million, which is similar to Powerball's odds per dollar. Either way you look at it, both of these games are no longer attractive to me. For six years after turning 18 years old, which is the legal age to play in Indiana, I was able to go into any gas station with a $5 bill and ask for a $5 Powerball QP, with 5 lines. Then in 2012 it all started to go downhill. Powerball went to $2 and all of a sudden we got matrix changes galore. I laughed when Powerball was marketing "better odds" under the new $2 game. It's not better odds because instead of getting 2 lines for $2, you get 1 line for $2. Your odds per dollar under the current Powerball format is 1 in 584 million.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2016, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't think too many here would play a 100 number matrix let alone 100 + 75.

Some would, but not many.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                    Member #169277
                    October 10, 2015
                    630 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2016, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't see the point of making MM more like PB. Keep it the way it is,  or making 2nd place easier would be OK too. But if they want to make it a PB copy cat, shut it down and make PB 3 or 4 draws a week.