Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Definitely hiring Seal Team Six as my security

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 1 year ago by lcoleman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #170889
December 22, 2015
29 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2016, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Yup I would definitely handpick a security consultant and a small team of mercenaries(ex US military grade). A few weeks before, during, and after I accept the winnings of a $1.5 billion dollar jackpot. There really is no other way to go.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
    Greenville, SC
    United States
    Member #169870
    November 4, 2015
    374 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2016, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if I could show to the press conference with militia men with military grade weapons. If anyone tried anything, they'd shred their body with automatic fire!

May the balls bounce in your favor!

United States
      Member #170889
      December 22, 2015
      29 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2016, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Haha and at least two rooftop snipers for those really clean shots. If only that were possible. Or higher a body double to go along with your attorney.

Security contractors from the military for the price are cheap tho... Consultants are about $85k while contractors are $100k to $200k annually. If you had a team of 4 and a consultant, you could hire 24/7 protection for 100 years and not even hit 1/4 of how much you get after taxes from this jackpot.

NH
        United States
        Member #83352
        December 5, 2009
        223 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2016, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Would be pretty cool standing in front of that big check with 2 security personal dressed in all black suits with ear pieces standing on each side of you. I'd probably wear a wig that's diff color than my hair with a hat and glasses myself. And when answering questions, most answers would be -no comment on that-. Like are you going to quit your job? No comment on that. Where do you work? No comment on that. What are you going to do with the money? My professional team and I are working on that. As of now I'm not going to buy anything. Will you travel the World? That's up to my security team. Those answers are all well thought out to let it be known that you are protected by professionals. Maybe show up to the lottery office being driven in a Military type vehicle...Most PR people will tell you to be very low key. I think with this Jackpot that great advice but you also want to project strength imop.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2016, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

ok.  yes i would hire Seal Team Six - but simply because I would love to look at them.  Yummy!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2016, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

For that much money Seal Team 6 would take you home and then turn their guns on you.  LOL Dupe Alert

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #100025
              November 4, 2010
              158 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2016, 12:13 am - IP Logged

For that much money Seal Team 6 would take you home and then turn their guns on you.  LOL Dupe Alert

You gotta admit.. that's funny! LOL

LM

See Ya!

ny, new york
                United States
                Member #170896
                December 23, 2015
                7 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2016, 6:06 am - IP Logged

you dont need ST6. An easy way to hide

if you're a woman you can wear a burqa for the press lmao 

im a guy.. not sure if it would work in my case.

United States
                  Member #170889
                  December 22, 2015
                  29 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2016, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Haha that's a possibility. Obviously I would get recommendations and advice from CEOs and others worth that much. Who do you think guards Bill Gates? Elon Musk?

I tried to post a youtube video of musk with his bodyguards but I was flagged cuz I'm "new."

Go to youtube check out

"Elon Musk on why car dealer laws don’t make sense (2015.1.15)"

Portland, OR
                    United States
                    Member #145973
                    August 20, 2013
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2016, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Then soon you realize, why isn't anybody shooting at me.  And it ain't because of your security detail.  People just forget about you unless you live across the street from TMZ and/or are flashy.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: January 11, 2016, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

When you're frustrated, you'd definitely need to break the habit of saying "just shoot me!"

United States
                        Member #170889
                        December 22, 2015
                        29 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Then soon you realize, why isn't anybody shooting at me.  And it ain't because of your security detail.  People just forget about you unless you live across the street from TMZ and/or are flashy.

I guess that would be true for most people. Depends on what you use the money on. I would probably start a few large emerging tech businesses and buy a few others since I hope to do that anyway if I don't win. It would just move up my time table and the scale I can do this.

Maybe start a X prize competition where I get equity in the top 10 finalists' companies too.

Portland, OR
                          United States
                          Member #145973
                          August 20, 2013
                          226 Posts
                          Posted: January 11, 2016, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I guess that would be true for most people. Depends on what you use the money on. I would probably start a few large emerging tech businesses and buy a few others since I hope to do that anyway if I don't win. It would just move up my time table and the scale I can do this.

Maybe start a X prize competition where I get equity in the top 10 finalists' companies too.

I would literally sit on the front lawn of top tech universities with a sign: 

"I'll invest in your idea.  Get your s. together and come see my team with that great idea.  Looking for the next Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Larry Page.  No Script Kiddies allowed please!" LOL

Exaggerating a bit of course but that's where a small part of my pot would go.  Maybe 50 millions to start.  Shark Tank style.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

United States
                            Member #170889
                            December 22, 2015
                            29 Posts
                            Posted: January 11, 2016, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I would literally sit on the front lawn of top tech universities with a sign: 

"I'll invest in your idea.  Get your s. together and come see my team with that great idea.  Looking for the next Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Larry Page.  No Script Kiddies allowed please!" LOL

Exaggerating a bit of course but that's where a small part of my pot would go.  Maybe 50 millions to start.  Shark Tank style.

Exactly... sit on the front lawn with my Seal Team 6 passing out fliers haha. A semi in their right and my business card in their left. hahha ok not really