Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How BAD is your "Lottery Fever" today?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 1 year ago by travelintrucker.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

we know you got "it".....what is "it" this minute?

200 degrees + [ 2 ]  [14.29%]
150 degrees + [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
110 degrees + [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
106.9 degrees & expected to climb ^ [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Doctor could not measure mine [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'm turning green, think that means greed [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Don't know but I'm craving pickles [ 3 ]  [21.43%]
Outta my head wanta win it so BAD [ 5 ]  [35.71%]
Gee it's getting so HOT in here [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Will let you know on my way to ER 4 help [ 1 ]  [7.14%]
Total Valid Votes [ 14 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5143 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2016, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

"YOU" know  "YOU" want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jack-in-the-Box 

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
    Green Bay
    United States
    Member #169391
    October 15, 2015
    1279 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2016, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Lets not forget how this jackpot got so big....Its money from people who didn't win.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

Portland, OR
      United States
      Member #145973
      August 20, 2013
      226 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2016, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

The fever is gone for me.  I will play $4 and that's it.  When it hit $2B then maybe I'll be bouncing off the walls but not anymore.  The billion dallas roof was blown so I got something out of that alone.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4146 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2016, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

The fever is gone for me.  I will play $4 and that's it.  When it hit $2B then maybe I'll be bouncing off the walls but not anymore.  The billion dallas roof was blown so I got something out of that alone.

Have somewhat of the same feeling. I hit a giddy limit at $900 million then when no one won It, calm settled in.Now it's just " get this thing over with."

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #129225
          June 13, 2012
          546 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2016, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Have somewhat of the same feeling. I hit a giddy limit at $900 million then when no one won It, calm settled in.Now it's just " get this thing over with."

I have to agree!  It was all I could think of on Friday and Saturday but now its just time to get on with it!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2016, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! and some of the people I talked to believe it's way too much money for one winner especially when 65% of the tickets won't many any of the numbers.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3092 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2016, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Well when it was $500 million I spent $50 bucks and when it was $900 million I spent $50.  Between those two drawings I won close to $40 so now that it is $1.3 billion I spent $15 on two tickets a $9 ticket with powerplay and a $6 ticket with powerplay.  I am running out of lotto budget to spend on tickets so on wednesday night their better be a winner winner chicken dinner.  If it rolls to saturday I am going to let my mother play the lotto because she always sets aside money for rainy days and in oregon we got a lot of rain.-weshar75

US Flag

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42075 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:04 am - IP Logged

I woke up craving pickles, thought I might need a pregnancy test, but now I know it's lottery fever. Hyper

HyperBe Happy.

frontenac, kansas
                  United States
                  Member #67724
                  December 3, 2008
                  200 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Well I am like a few of the earlier posters....it was exciting when it hit the 900 million mark but now that new has wore off and its just another draw.  Sure I will play and be somewhat excited but not like i was the drawing before.

Good Luck to all.

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #150273
                    December 18, 2013
                    495 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:14 am - IP Logged

I am finding it discouraging that soo many tickets have been purchased to date and no one has hit it yet...kinda brings one back to reality of just how hard it is to hit and makes me rethink how much money i am comfortable with spending on PB tickets now. I just wish they would have better the odds and payouts on smaller prizes to make up for the harsh odds now in place for the JP. I can see buying more then one line had they done that. Just glad there are other games out there that keep the hope and excitement going because PB just doesn't do it anymore for me. Spending more then $2 on a PB ticket makes me feel foolish with my money honestly. That's just me though

"Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip, conflict calms down.

Like adding charcoal to embers or wood to fire, quarrelsome people kindle strife."

Proverbs 26: 20-21

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3316 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:18 am - IP Logged

youskipped light fever, so i voted no comment. $6 more last draw  prob 6 more this for 4 tickets instead f the regular 1

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:33 am - IP Logged

I've spent $4 on numbers I've picked on my own, will buy $10 in QP's, and plan to throw in $2 on a work pool.  Not motivated to spend anymore really no matter how big it gets.

London
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #140684
                          March 24, 2013
                          566 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Since I am from the UK obviously I don't have Powerball fever but it has made me consider buying a QP or a 'lucky dip' as we call them here for tonight's £51m EuroMillions draw.

Good luck to all you Powerball players!

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                            Brooklyn, NY
                            United States
                            Member #169723
                            October 29, 2015
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2016, 9:00 am - IP Logged

I went out for a walk Saturday and bought 4 - $2 tickets. One at four different locations.

At the last stop, I purchased a $5 scratch ticket as well. So, $13 spent in total.

I won $0 on the 4 PB tickets, but won $10 on the $5 scratch ticket.Big Grin

I am going to cash the $10 winner and buy 4 more Powerball tickets, 1 Megamillions and 1 NYS Lotto ticket. Good luck to all...especially me! Hyper

Total out of pocket I am going to spend for PB tickets for Wed's drawing = $0.00

Know your spending limit and stay within it. Remember it's only a game. Bet with your head, not over it! 

DanceHyperBananaHurray!PartySee Ya!Sad CheersUS FlagSmashWhite BounceScared

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
                              Member #171720
                              January 11, 2016
                              19 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2016, 10:30 am - IP Logged

I completely agree. I would rather see more $1,000 and up prizes and a slightly smaller jackpot. More 25k, 50k, 100k, 500k, and 1mill prizes would keep me more engaged. When you buy $50 worth of tickets and only win $8 back it doesn't make you want to go back for more.