Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post Iowa Lottery CEO Terry Rich Q&A Poll.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 1 year ago by JADELottery.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

I feel better about Random Numbers Generators?

Strongly Agree [ 1 ]  [4.76%]
Agree [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Somewhat Agree [ 1 ]  [4.76%]
Undecided [ 4 ]  [19.05%]
Somewhat Disagree [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Disagree [ 6 ]  [28.57%]
Strongly Disagree [ 9 ]  [42.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 21 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
4091 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2016, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Missouri went to RNG drawings years ago, I don't see a problem as in most cases the lottery has no

real motive to cheat.  The wins are consistent with the expected odds so I guess it's on the up and

up.  It's the people that we have to trust not the machines that draw the numbers.  As long as they

do everything possible to ensure the draw is fair I don't care which method is used.  A Root-kit scan

should be ran before every drawing or be part of the generating process.  I think RNG's are better in

that they seem a little more predictable than ball droppers.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4091 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2016, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

IMHO I think it's the terminal RNG's that should not be trusted,  QP players don't know how easy

these machines can be tampered with.  The firmware could be changed daily and they all use

RNG's.  I find it funny that even those who claim they would stop playing if their lottery switched

they still buy QP's.   They trust the terminal RNG but not the drawing RNG. 

Over a series of games we can expect certain elements to appear and in my analysis I have found

that the draws meet the expected.  There is no way that I know of to check the QP lines that are

sold for these qualities.

Let me explain.  Lets say that most pick-5 number game have a certain percent of different digits

that hit in each draw.  This is true although each matrix is a little different.  I could design a RNG

that would produce more lines that had more or less total digits which would mean that the QP's 

would win less often.  The lower prizes would not be affected and because most people don't buy

enough QP's to run a analysis they would not be aware of anything.  Most JP's are won playing QP

but that's because they make up most sales.   If the percent of sales QP vs SP are equal then one

might conclude the game is fair.  I am not saying that the lotteries do this but it is possible and how

would we be able to detect it.  They could release a list of all combos that were sold showing if the

line was a QP or SP but so far I have not seen a lottery offer this data. 

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      4091 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2016, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

What I mean by equal is the percent of sales.  If 80% of sales are QP tickets and 80% of wins are

also QP's then I expect the game is fair as long as the total wins also meet the expected.

RL

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
        The Quantum Master
        West Concord, MN
        United States
        Member #21
        December 7, 2001
        3684 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

currently tipped on the disagree side with strongly disagree getting the most votes.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
        Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
        Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
        Knowledge is Beyond Belief
        Wisdom is Not Censored
        Douglas Paul Smallish
        Jehocifer