Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maybe LP members should buy out PB

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 11 months ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3964 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2016, 1:43 am - IP Logged

The site boast 171,781 members.  If we all put in $1,701.00 we could buy it out.  Just joking but it would

be easy with that many members to buy all the tickets.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #165541
    April 12, 2015
    541 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:35 am - IP Logged

The site boast 171,781 members.  If we all put in $1,701.00 we could buy it out.  Just joking but it would

be easy with that many members to buy all the tickets.

RL

What do you think this is the bridge of the Star Trek Enterprise?  What are we all going to do "teleport" our

money to RL, the "lotto butler"?  Beam me up Scotty!!! 

"I am sorry I can't captain, the dilitium crystals are overheating! The warp core is being

shattered by the delusional wacky ideas and out of phase brain waves of LP member RL!"

Besides if you divide 1.4 billion by the amount of members thats only roughly 8000 bucks.

A lot of trouble for nothing.  I would rather have trouble with tribbles.

Fascinating but quite impossible.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2016, 3:19 am - IP Logged

Actually no it wouldn't as how would you ever find time to talk to each member and do you realize how long it would take to share 292 million numbers, fill out all the bet slips, and run them through at the store? Also then you would need to check 292 million tickets. Also the one who had the winner you would never hear from again, so what exactly would be the point? Also most on this site would not be able to afford to spend even close to that much and would be pretty stupid to do so. Many on this site are also inactive. So "easy" is definitely not the word. More like close to impossible. The average person spends at most $5-$10 tops, and usually $2-$4. No one is spending $1700 unless they are rich already and even if they are they probably are not spending that much.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2016, 4:14 am - IP Logged

you could organise numbers for ea member to play. and jut leave it to luck who wins. and they keep  their cash. 1700 is too much for me.max id put in is $20 or 10 tickets.  and i wouldnt want 1 2 3 4 5  pb 6 or any such

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Do you have program and printers to print? Or, do you have another way to validate the combinations?

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3964 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Guys

I was being sarcastic.  I guess if we had a million members it would be even easier, another sarcasm.  The logistics

alone would be impossible.  Some are going wild buying tickets, I thought this might ring their bell and bring them

back down to earth.  Someone will eventually win and I hope it's with a $2.00 QP.

RL 

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3964 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Actually no it wouldn't as how would you ever find time to talk to each member and do you realize how long it would take to share 292 million numbers, fill out all the bet slips, and run them through at the store? Also then you would need to check 292 million tickets. Also the one who had the winner you would never hear from again, so what exactly would be the point? Also most on this site would not be able to afford to spend even close to that much and would be pretty stupid to do so. Many on this site are also inactive. So "easy" is definitely not the word. More like close to impossible. The average person spends at most $5-$10 tops, and usually $2-$4. No one is spending $1700 unless they are rich already and even if they are they probably are not spending that much.

In the past there have been people who took out another mortgage on their home to buy tickets.

Billion plus jackpot is making people crazy, I predict depression will go way up once it's won. Gold

fever at it's best.

RL

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3964 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Funny thing is that no one bought up the cost error, PB tickets are $2.00 so it would cost $3,400.00 per member.

1.5 billion, 930 million cash, ticket cost equals $584,402,676.00.  I forgot taxes, Hummmm, hope no one else hits. 

We might not even win our money back.

RL

United States
                  Member #59354
                  March 13, 2008
                  3964 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I hope the food banks are prepping for those who are spending their food budgets on tickets.

This jackpot may come with a curse, while the winner is living it up, some peoples kids are looking

forward to school lunch.  Kids, dinner is ready, were having loosing ticket soup again.

RL

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5894 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2016, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I hope the food banks are prepping for those who are spending their food budgets on tickets.

This jackpot may come with a curse, while the winner is living it up, some peoples kids are looking

forward to school lunch.  Kids, dinner is ready, were having loosing ticket soup again.

RL

I know you are joking, but I know it is possible for such things to happen, but I pray it doesn't.

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3964 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2016, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Bob

I don't see a drop in sales for the regular games, p-3, p-4, cash 5 etc.. so the high ticket sales have to be

extra expense.  Those who are rich did not get that way by taking such chances so who are the ones buying

all the tickets.  According to reports I have read 40% of people in the US are unemployed or under employed.

I planned on buying 2 tickets but may not play at all.

RL

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                        United States
                        Member #4924
                        June 3, 2004
                        5894 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2016, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Bob

I don't see a drop in sales for the regular games, p-3, p-4, cash 5 etc.. so the high ticket sales have to be

extra expense.  Those who are rich did not get that way by taking such chances so who are the ones buying

all the tickets.  According to reports I have read 40% of people in the US are unemployed or under employed.

I planned on buying 2 tickets but may not play at all.

RL

I played the same 5 lines as Saturday's draw. My wife played 2 lines, QP. one of hers starts with 31. If it rolls, I will play the same lines again.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                          Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2016, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

1-69 pick 5 and 1 bogus ball from another set. I don't like the chances, but my mind would be working to win that jp now, if I was in the USA.

With those chances and what I saw in my charts, this may take very long until one or more win. Maybe a big group of players makes a chance.

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3964 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I am not against playing just want to caution people not to play more than they can afford to loose.

Based on the odds for the game it would take a very big bet to gain any real advantage and by big,

I mean millions.

Probability playing one ticket        .00000000342229781302370353964635...

probability playing 500 tickets       .00000171114890651185176982317582...

probability playing 1000 tickets    .000003422297813023703539646351653...

probability playing 10,000 tickets .000034222978130237035396463516535...

probability playing 100,000 tickets .00034222978130237035396463516535...

RL

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3964 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2016, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Buy a couple lines and enjoy the excitement as someone is going to win, if not this time, maybe the next.

RL