Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My Reason for not disclosing your identity if you win the Powerball

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 1 year ago by GYM RICE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #171851
January 13, 2016
1 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2016, 6:47 am - IP Logged

Hello Everyone:

The big drawing for the 1 1/2 billion dollar powerball jack is just hour away. I want to share with everyone my concerns with winning this huge jackpot and making your identity know and public.

You see, whether your living pay check to pay check or are flat broke, you will notice that people whether they are friends, family or total strangers will not pay attention to you or not care about you at all.

Low and behold, you win tonight's Powerball and and you are now filthy rich. You appear at your lottery headquarters to claim your prize and with it comes publicity...Your on TV, The Newspapers and the Internet as the big powerball winner.

Shortly there after you are going to have a knock at your door. The person who is knocking will be salesman, long lost famility member and of course, complete total strangers looking for money and telling you there hard luck and sob stories.

I will look at such people and i will say to myself that for the life of me, i never saw or remember the person or persons at my door.

Once they find out that you have a massive amount of money, they will be hounding you and not leave you alone. That's what happens when you win large amounts of money.

But even worse, you open yourself up to crooks, thieves and con artists.

And believe me, they will try and take you for as much as they can.

Last week as this jackpot kept growing, lottery experts told the story of two people who won big jackpots and what happened to them eventually.

One went on a wild spending spree and gave money to friends and family. But he also allowed total strangers which included thieves and crooks to get close to. The end result, to the guy is broker and he is in debt to the tune of 1 1/2 million dollars.

Another allowed crooked people to get close to him. The end results, he was murdered by someone who was trying to steal the balance of his winnings.

So, my advice to people is simple: Keep it Simple.

Don't go out and buy expensive cars, mansions,jewelry etc.,etc.

All that is going to do is attract all kinds of unwanted attention from Strangers.

You will not be able to go out in public without being mobbed by people.

And make sure that any close family members or friends keep their identities private or they too will be expose to unethical people.

Please let me know what you think.

Ray

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42204 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2016, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Those are good things to be concerned about, the bottom line, if you get past the home security or the dogs, you will not get past the owners, we are already locked.

HyperBe Happy.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
      Greenville, SC
      United States
      Member #169870
      November 4, 2015
      374 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2016, 10:57 am - IP Logged

People have to learn the power of 'No'. If you can't learn it, hire someone to be your spokesperson so they can say no for you. I'm not particularly close with my family. However, this is just too much money to not help them out. Now, if I was among 4 or more winners, it would be at my own discretion whether or not I'd share with not so close family members.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:29 am - IP Logged

microfitcompute,

Good points but they've all been discussed here previously.

Do a search for Abraham Shakesspeare and go from there.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #140684
          March 24, 2013
          566 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2016, 11:31 am - IP Logged

These guys won 1/2 of the £66m UK Lotto jackpot, they could have stayed anonymous but I guess they wanted to show off.......  Thud

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3397182/Winners-biggest-Lotto-jackpot-revealed-Husband-wife-Scotland-scoop-33million.html

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

Arizona
            United States
            Member #165073
            March 24, 2015
            220 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2016, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

People have to learn the power of 'No'. If you can't learn it, hire someone to be your spokesperson so they can say no for you. I'm not particularly close with my family. However, this is just too much money to not help them out. Now, if I was among 4 or more winners, it would be at my own discretion whether or not I'd share with not so close family members.

Your favorite sentence should be "All requests for money must go through my financial advisor." You and your advisor can come up with a variety of form letters, the vast majority of which will be variations on "no".

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              1076 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2016, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

"If I didnt know you before the lottery, I don't know you now".  There would be no form letters, there would be no response to mail, in fact, there would be no mail.  A move with no forwarding address.  A new house purchased under a land trust.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4987 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2016, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Those are good things to be concerned about, the bottom line, if you get past the home security or the dogs, you will not get past the owners, we are already locked.

My cats would lick an intruder to death. Lol

J'aime La France.

The land of Canals
                  United States
                  Member #137589
                  January 7, 2013
                  168 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

My cats would lick an intruder to death. Lol

LOL! Green laugh

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
                   Steve Martin

Cool

NH
                    United States
                    Member #83352
                    December 5, 2009
                    223 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2016, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Good post and good points. But if you win 100 million or a billion dollars, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to live in a mansion if you choose to do so. Get into a gated community and live with people who have money and you will be fine. I'd rather have a target on my head living in a nice gated community than having a billion dollars in the bank and driving around in a ford pinto living in a mediocre home afraid someone is going to find out i'm filthy rich...The key is not letting people into your circle of trust. In a gated community, no one is going to come knocking at your door trying to sell you something(unless they already live there). A simple F-off will stop that instantly...Maybe winning a few million you should live as you normally did. But when it's 100s of millions, if you don't spend some of it, the people you are forced to leave it to certainly will...Embrace the windfall. Don't be afraid of it.