Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are your thoughts of International players

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 months ago by DG1USA.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ny, new york
United States
Member #170896
December 23, 2015
7 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Apparently it seems that you do not even need to be in the US to get tickets for this game.

I was just informed that people in Europe and Australia are buying tickets for the PB jackpot (it has been advertised on newspapers) 

One example is the website lottoland that sells tickets to Australian citizens

In the Metro newspaper (UK) they have advertised a buy 1 ticket get 1 free sale

How would you feel if someone from a different country won? should this even be allowed? why in the hell would US players still play?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5603 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Apparently it seems that you do not even need to be in the US to get tickets for this game.

I was just informed that people in Europe and Australia are buying tickets for the PB jackpot (it has been advertised on newspapers) 

How would you feel if someone from a different country won? should this even be allowed? why in the hell would US players still play?

I don't give it a second thought. If I don't win, I don't care who does. If a foreigner puts down his money, he's got skin in the game.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
      Member #164603
      March 8, 2015
      612 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2016, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Lottoland is a bookie, they accept "bets" on the winning numbers, not ticket purchases.

I'm all for foreigners winning.Cool

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
        Member #153629
        March 20, 2014
        128 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2016, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I also like that I can play from abroad of course.

Lottoland advertises in Sweden like many other similar companies. They say they are insured but what company will insure 1.5 bil... not easy to to belive they can. I also want to have the ticket scanned. Only thelotter do this.  The site Lottoexposed have many articles on lotteries around the world, makes it easier to decide where to play.

Return of Investment, ROI 2014 20% | ROI 2015 20% | ROI 2016 14,45%

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3856 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2016, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I also like that I can play from abroad of course.

Lottoland advertises in Sweden like many other similar companies. They say they are insured but what company will insure 1.5 bil... not easy to to belive they can. I also want to have the ticket scanned. Only thelotter do this.  The site Lottoexposed have many articles on lotteries around the world, makes it easier to decide where to play.

Lloyds of London ?

As for the OP I don.t care who plays...ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2016, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

yeah aussie one is called lottoland.com.au   and they look just like the lotter,  only differnce is this places charges $14 AUD for 1 pb tickets,

$14 AUD-= ~ $10 USD, so a 5x markup

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #140684
              March 24, 2013
              566 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2016, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

yeah aussie one is called lottoland.com.au   and they look just like the lotter,  only differnce is this places charges $14 AUD for 1 pb tickets,

That's crazy!

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

Wollongong
                Australia
                Member #164435
                March 2, 2015
                30 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2016, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

That is twice as much as I'm playing.The logistics involved with Thelotter justify their charges,and I'm O.K. in paying that price for a good and reliable service.

But this lottoland mob,that is simply a rort.The name even implies a park ride they are taking you on.

The land of Canals
                  United States
                  Member #137589
                  January 7, 2013
                  168 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't give it a second thought. If I don't win, I don't care who does. If a foreigner puts down his money, he's got skin in the game.

I Agree!

Also, I can't see not playing anymore because a foreigner wins a jackpot. 

I would like to play a few out of the country ones myself.  Wink

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
                   Steve Martin

Cool